20 replies to this topic

#1 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 11:35 PM

I'm so fed up with this ISP I want to throw the piece of sh*t router-modem out the f*ckin window. For the past month or so, the internet has been going in and out, very spotty.. and sometimes for hours. This is a huge annoyance when I need the internet to do research, or just wanna play a game. At night, if the internet is working, the connection is soooo damns low. Right now I'm averaging 100-200 kilobits per second. f*ck that, that ain't what I paid for. I checked and Verizon FIOS isn't available in my area yet, and theres not much else I can get except reg. verizon dsl which I refuse to get. Tomorrow I'll hopefully give them a piece of my mind and get a free month or two.

#2 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 11:53 PM

Dude, ive been having problems with Comcast as well. The sh*t is SO slow sometimes that i wanna switch to a different provider... but no many people can say much about any provider. So im still on the look out.

Whats the best out there, do you know?

#3 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:15 AM

Sucks man.

I've only had adsl and cable for the last few years. My current cable provider is sorta generous... with 10 mbit up / 1 mbit down, qos is sorta ok.

One thing I've noticed with "high speed" (ADSL & CABLE providers) is that it is a regional thing. Some people have awsome experiences, and some have internet that is just barely better than dial up. Go to http://www.dslreports.com (not just for dsl, but for all major isp's) and clock your speed. Then compare against others and see what other people have to say.

#4 BigStefJ

BigStefJ

Lurker

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:26 AM

Cable all the way man! I use roadrunner. It's the fastest in the area (Albany, NY). Although I am waiting for Fios to hit my neigborhood. If you can hold out and get Fios you will be burnin! I have heard the same about DSL, sometimes its awsome and sometimes it sucks.

Brems

Edited by BigStefJ, 16 October 2006 - 05:27 AM.

#5 Communist

Communist

Red Lazarus

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 01:48 PM

I use Roadrunner. It works really well- they're not lying too heavily in their ads. There are occasional problems but I've never had the Net go down entirely except for if one of their servers melted or something. The E-Mail service they give you ain't half bad either, though some sites (including this forum) don't recognize it.

I think the main reason that I have lag issues is that I have sh*tloads of stuff on my comp. My IP has never let me down.

#6 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:04 PM

The reports state that comcast is pretty much best in MA... at least thats what people say there.
I dont see it though... sometimes my sh*t downloads at 25kb/s.. - wtf is that? lol.
My phone line goes through the internet, so maybe thats the reason, but i dont know.

#7 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:35 PM

"download is 70% worse"

wow wtf!?? fukin bellsouth dsl been acting bad at times....now this?

#8 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:26 AM

Bellsouth caps the number of ips that can connect to your computer at like thirty or something. I am currently using them as my isp at the moment. f*cking sucks balls. I mainly use bit torrent for dls and that sh*t just isn't working.

#9 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:26 AM

they recently just fuked up my usenet...fukers.

#10 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:20 AM

Bellsouth caps the number of ips that can connect to your computer at like thirty or something. I am currently using them as my isp at the moment. f*cking sucks balls. I mainly use bit torrent for dls and that sh*t just isn't working.

SP2 TCP Limit...

#11 adrian

adrian

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:21 PM

In my town you have two choices TimeWarner.(ROADRUNNER) or 56k .

I got the cable modem like five years ago.

#12 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:12 AM

SP2 TCP Limit...

No, I have already fixed that. Its just my isp trying to stop peer to peer.

#13 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:25 PM

Attached File  New_Bitmap_Image.JPG   176.14KB   19 downloads

Attached File  cs_office0223.jpg   360.69KB   14 downloads

f*ckin lag spikes at night... not even worth playing cs w/this sh*t..
ftl :tdown:

#14 Lost Hatter

Lost Hatter

Drug Addict

• Banned
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:27 AM

Comcast has already sucked my balls...

#15 YoJiMbO

YoJiMbO

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:45 AM

Comcast was originally named BallSuckers, but they changed it to conceal their true motive: sucking the balls of as many nerdy white men as possible. that is all, ty.

#16 SoB

SoB

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:49 AM

ive never had one problem with comcast...i dont see how you guys get bad connections/service. I can have 5-6 pcs hooked up playin online games and not get one spike...comcast is the sh*t for me...

#17 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:42 AM

My sh*t jumps from 4megabits/s to 1mb/s to 3mb/s to 2.4mb/s... lol now its 13mb/s...

#18 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:48 PM

My connection spikes sometimes too, mainly while browsing though. I'll get up to 600kbps when downloading from a good server, but other times it's so slow I timeout when browsing :kill:

#19 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:09 PM

My connection spikes sometimes too, mainly while browsing though. I'll get up to 600kbps when downloading from a good server, but other times it's so slow I timeout when browsing :kill:

yeah that happens oh so often..

** Update **
this is the first time i've been able to connect since f*ckin 12am last night. i went on briefly on campus at around 930 tonight b/c i havent had internet all f*ckin day. f*ckin hardware problem since theres supposedly no network problems in the area. im about to change to verizon dsl just b/c of how much this is really pissing me off. this is definately not what i paid for and i'm gunna b*tch till i get a free month or quit service.

#20 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:13 PM

Wow finally..

turns out they needed an amplifier because the signal is too weak to have four tv's hooked up. cablevision at my house back home has 7 tv's and doesnt use an amplifier and works perfectly fine. ghey as aids if you ask me that it couldnt run high speed due to a weak signal, gg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users