6 replies to this topic

#1 The Punisher

The Punisher

Who Knows?

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:21 AM

It all started when my mother asked me to reformat her computer because it was running like utter sh*t (its a decent comp)
So told her i would do it today before all the new years festivities, "It would be easy!" i said to myself....boy was i wrong

She told me a bunch of email files and other assorted files that she wanted to backup, as well as random sh*t that she wanted...i put all this in a folder on the desktop. THEN I MADE A GIANT MISTAKE!! I deleted and formatted the drive without actually backing up the folder with all her important stuff in it. To MAKE MATTERS WORSE....the format corrupted and it f*cked up windows...so i ended up formatting again to get a clean install.

It wasnt until then that i realized that i forgot to save the f*cking folder.... now i am completely f*ckED because she is going to kill me when she realizes all her important files are gone. The really important things are invoices and backup information for all the things she bought for christmas and business things that she needs...and tons of sentimental and cool messages she recieved in the past..thankfully there were no pictures on her computer.

Is there anyway i can retrieve this folder through 2 formats? (the first corrupted, so i did it again...so that makes two formats)
Pretty sure it is impossible...

I told her all her stuff is safe on my usb stick...but it is not there. You have to understand..my mother is a b*tch and she will never live this down ever and may likely murder me over it. In all reality, she doesnt NEED everything she saved...but you know how mothers are.(she is not very computer literate but not an idiot either).

What the hell should i do? can i make this look like the file corrupted on the stick or something so it looks like a freak accident? haha

Discuss!

#2 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:36 AM

I've had success with this program, however i'm sure there are many more like it.

so i'll start by offering this program...other people i'm sure can name some others...

r-studio

#3 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:42 AM

Well if she wanted you to reformat but also wanted certain files, maybe she should have taken the necessary steps to make sure those files were safe. You made a mistake, and its not like she did anything to help.

#4 Smalls

Smalls

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:39 PM

I had a bit of software that I had used after one of my hard drives crashed that I was able to restore quite a bit of stuff from. I can't find it at the moment, but I spent 50 bucks and it was worth every penny. I'll try to find it and let ya know.

#5 Smalls

Smalls

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:41 PM

OH, WHATEVER YOU DO, STOP USING THE COMPUTER UNTIL YOU KNOW HOW YOU'RE GOING TO GET THE FILES BACK IF AT ALL.

#6 dar_tana

dar_tana

Death to the Infidels!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:25 PM

Could you're flash drive go through a "freak accident"?

#7 The Punisher

The Punisher

Who Knows?

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

Could you're flash drive go through a "freak accident"?

why yes sir...i think that is what i going to happen

think i might accidentally run it over with my car...its about 5 old..only 128mb...ive been needing an excuse to get a new one actually lol

Edited by The Punisher, 02 January 2008 - 08:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users