• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Dimmizer

Dimmizer

Lurker

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:38 PM

I was bored the other night so I started running console commands looking for some that might be helpful. I know a few of these you might already know but eh for the people who don't know them here you go.

"cl_crosshairscale 9000000" - This makes your crosshairs SUPER small making it easier to aim.
"cl_anglespeedkey 0" - This will reduce the effective recoil on ALL guns. It works alot better for SMG's and Rifles like the Famous but pistol's etc.. it doesn't do much but you will notice a big difference in recoil for SMG's and Rifles.

These were the only 2 commands I've found so far but I will keep looking for more and also I took a look at the TWL and CAL rules and YES these are allowed in TWL/CAL matches.

I will try to update this post as much as I can so please check back soon.

Edited by Dimmizer, 21 January 2008 - 04:39 PM.

#2 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:42 PM

hax and pre-fire work great too.

#3 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:48 AM

hax and pre-fire work great too.

yea so does teamswapping to kill ppl that are afk :weee:

ahaha yea yea just kidding XD

Edited by Boostfed, 23 January 2008 - 07:49 AM.

#4 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:34 AM

remember what happened last time you did that boost? :P

#5 .:Eu.PrYDe[rus]:.

.:Eu.PrYDe[rus]:.

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:33 AM

never knew about those consoles i guess im a noob then.
but thanks for letting me know ill use em

#6 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:00 PM

I was bored the other night so I started running console commands looking for some that might be helpful. I know a few of these you might already know but eh for the people who don't know them here you go.

"cl_crosshairscale 9000000" - This makes your crosshairs SUPER small making it easier to aim.
"cl_anglespeedkey 0" - This will reduce the effective recoil on ALL guns. It works alot better for SMG's and Rifles like the Famous but pistol's etc.. it doesn't do much but you will notice a big difference in recoil for SMG's and Rifles.

These were the only 2 commands I've found so far but I will keep looking for more and also I took a look at the TWL and CAL rules and YES these are allowed in TWL/CAL matches.

I will try to update this post as much as I can so please check back soon.

Never heard of the anglespeedkey command but I'll try it.

The crosshairscale thing depends on your resolution. I play at 1280x1024 and my crosshair is really small at cl_crosshairscale 2500. Anything over 9000 (seriously) and it actually disappears from the screen.

#7 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:18 PM

I play at 1280x1024 as well. I keep mine around 1500-2200 so I don't accidentally lose it. On bright maps in certain areas, my cross hair will completely blend in and usually get me raped. On top of that, I'm color blind (seriously), so most cross hair colors don't work well with me :whatever: .

#8 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:51 PM

also ghosting works for some too...

#9 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:42 PM

also ghosting works for some too...

that's what temp bans are for :evil:

tips are tips.

IMO, nothing outweighs experience.

#10 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:11 AM

I will give you the single handedly best advice to improve your CS:S game, nay, any team based FPS...

That advice is quite simple, and will help you out greatly...

YOUR TEAMMATES ARE MORONS, NEVER TRUST THEM, OR ASSUME ANYTHING!

#11 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:06 PM

Playing 1.6 helped me.

#12 _AssassinX

_AssassinX

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:58 PM

My advice is if you really want to be good at CS:S....
Office For Example
1. Buy a Nice 20 Dollar Headset or W/E then Set ur Sound to headphones
2. I strongly suggest putting your crosshairscale to 9999 and color doesnt matter
3. M4 Shoot 2-3 Shot Burst, Ak47 Shoot 1-3 shot burst...
4. Walking helps ALOT... it also doesnt give away sound to ur enemies....
5. "DEATH WALLLL" <- bad idea if ur trying to get better Lol..
i say go to boss Deathmatch and learn your weapon of choice there...
Never Spray unless they right next to you... and practice makes perfect...

(f*ck all this bullsh*t pm me for wallhacks i give them out for free) :evil:

Today i noticed it... i was 19-3 a couple people might have thought i had walls
A HUGE Tip for those CT Office players...
There is about 20 spots you can pre-fire and 70% of the time someone will be there...
1. Both Corners in Long Hall
2-3. Paper Room, and Storage Room
4. Connecter.
5. Plant by hosties
6.Projecter Wallcorner (left side)
7-9. Project Plants
10-11. Both Inside Walls of Projecter.

I tried numbering them in the order that i check...
You can PM me and i would gladly show u this Run i use, in an empty server...
When it comes down to it in a 32/32 server Pre-firing these spots (2Shot Burst) is the best option

Edited by _AssassinX, 26 January 2008 - 04:57 PM.

#13 WhopperYumm

WhopperYumm

Lurker

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:05 AM

Hmm, Good info i may just work on an aiming guide as well (maybe with Video and pictures =D) so yea if i have the time i will do it

#14 jalapeno1

jalapeno1

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:17 PM

Just to add to what Assassin was saying about a good headset.

People always bump into things in office, even if they are walking it will make a little noise. They often don't know them selves :D. Cabinets, those boxes in storage and basically anything that moves.

It helps if you look straight at the sound when you hear it. It may seem like your walling but it is just easier to tell which way a person is moving or exactly where he is.

This may seem lame but if your team mates die, use it to your advantage. If they die, the enemy is either low on ammo or reloading (another sound you can use to your advantage, which is why I don't reload some times). Just surprise him immediately after your team mates death, don't waste time!

I'm not a big fan of the burst of the m4, I guess it depends on the player, but I use single shot and just plane holding down the LMB.

(oh yea, and learn how to hide in cabinets)

Edited by jalapeno1, 28 January 2008 - 09:18 PM.

#15 .:Eu.PrYDe[rus]:.

.:Eu.PrYDe[rus]:.

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:21 AM

i cant say anything about m4/ak's since im a noob with them but scout n awp is my proffesion.

My strategy with an awp that gave me 78% of an accuracy on server 2 is:

Jump-double scope-land-shot. After everyshot i take no matter if i miss or get the guy always switch to a pistol (not knife), and change the spot. The reason for that is when another awper hears a shot of an awp he will go up to that spot for sure and will be 1st to shoot if u come back there.

Also if its an awp vs awp and u both open to each other i dun jump at all.

What i do is i move sides to sides and pressing walk button after every 3-4 steps. when u move sides to sides and u press walk button it gives u a lil jump (if your looking from other guy's scope).
And in those situations i fire always after the other guy does that way ill get him fo sho even if he jumps.

With scouts is much easier since they're lighter and ur jumps are further. i do the same strategy as an awp but on scouts always aim for da head. An Headshot will kill the guy, if u get a clear shot in the chest will leave 29HP to ur opponent, shot below the waist will leave 40HP.

#16 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:14 AM

i find that if your bad at cs:s which sometimes happen to me, i play deathmatch, the good ppl will destroy you in there, and if you dont like it you have to learn to be good, and if u do suck, everytime u die, a few seconds later you will be playing again so u dont have to wait for the round to end. Waiting 2 1/2 minites sucks.

Edited by matthew0155, 03 February 2008 - 12:37 PM.

#17 Bohica

Bohica

Lurker

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:31 AM

also, slightly pull down when you fire automatics....

and setting your sensitivity to the movement of the players helps in getting headshots/easy kills.. meaning if someone is walking and you move your mouse after them, your mouse wont be faster/slower than the person moving

#18 Logicat

Logicat

Lurker

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:21 AM

I tried the smaller crosshair and it didn't seem to improve my game much although i finally settled on a small-medium sized one as opposed to the larger.

And i didn't know about the cl_anglespeedkey 0 command but i'll try it.

#19 poocrayon

poocrayon

headpopper

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:56 PM

can i get any confirmation on the cl_anglespeedkey thing? does this actually do anything?!

#20 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:29 AM

default speedkey is 0.67

use a p90,mac10 and mp5.. its more noticable.

as he said works best with smg's..ak's are noticable. i demo'd myself and looked while shooting a spray. it doesnt look like it at first because the ak ALWAYS HAS A TON OF MUZZLE LIFT. but when u look at the pattern on the wall.. u will notice it does help.

i started standing sideways in doors more kind of like cinci at the end of long.. aim mid waist and give short bursts moving in and out of the door. ppl like to run because time is an issue as a ct.. but man u can time everything off of sound.

i got a new set of headphones and i now can hear ppl comming front stairs standing in mid t spawn.

Edited by Boostfed, 09 April 2008 - 05:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users