17 replies to this topic

#1 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:14 PM

Why should some of these admins get respect? I respect most but I'm sorry, there are some who are just assholes. Just because you dress up an asshole doesn't meant he person isn't still an asshole. If you're an asshole, expect to be called an asshole and don't be an immature baby about it. Most the admins are good admins, they only slay if someone is slowing the game down, or mute someone if they are spamming the mic or messanger like a dick, and they only kick/ban if some one is being truly retarded or hacking. So then why should the one or two of the admins that are dicks get respect? For example, I said "I swear it seems like (name) is hacking lol. But it's prolly just cause I'm pissed" and normally most take it as a compliment that they are so good they seem like that. This dick just up and mutes me, another person said "wow, it's gay when you abuse your powers" (or something to that effect) and so that person got banned (not sure how long). I'm sorry, but if an ANYONE is a dick, be it any common person, admin, a senator, a business man, the president, or God himself, a dick is still a f*cking dick. I won't bother them about it but I am sure as hell not going to f*cking respect an asshole no matter what position they have. I mean, I won't go spamming like a dick saying they're assholes in game or it's unjust and I won't break the rules just to piss them off cause they did something immature to me.. nah, I won't sink to that level, but it would be nice to see people fess up to being assholes and accept they don't deserve respect no matter where they are in life.

And hey, this is a rant section, I'll rant to feel better :| but it's not even just about admins, I'm talking about anyone in general. If you're a dick, DON'T EXPECT RESPECT! I don't respect my teachers that are dicks, my friends that are dicks, anyone I meet, if they're dicks they don't get respect and they really should be men about it (it's usually men after all) and accept they don't deserve respect. And do believe me, I really do respect 90% of the admins (though I honestly don't know who all the admins are other than soulwind, mad hatter, stoned hatter, cap'n, boost, inertia, the-dino, and scroll_lock) but if one is going to act like a dick I'm either going to lose some respect or have no respect for said person. Understand, that doesn't mean I won't disrespect the rules of the server such as don't slow down the pace of the game (I only ever camp as CT if we are getting rolled by rushing T every round and I only move slow if there's 5:1 for T to CT ratio), I don't spray nasty sprays, I don't mouth off to an admin (if ever I'm considered it's usually joking and they know I am), and I don't hack for sure lol. So I will respect the rules but realize I will not respect ANYONE I don't deem worthy of said respect. And hell, if an admin is screwing around that's fine, but it's obvious when they're screwing around and just being asshats.

In really short summary, I hate anyone who thinks they deserve respect when they are such asshats they really don't

Edited by Vicious, 07 February 2008 - 04:16 PM.

#2 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:36 PM

with power comes abuse....

if you think that a community in a video game like css is any different, then you are sorely mistaken.
in fact it's easier to abuse it here than if one were to do it in real life. Your best bet is to keep your mouth shut so everyone thinks youre one of the good guys.

one reason I dont play cs:s anymore is cuz i dont know most of the ppl anymore, so for me to come around and voice the opinion i once thought was maybe valuable, turns me into some noob who nobody else knows either.

so in short....I agree with you(altho i dont experience any of this first hand)....but shut the f*ck up

#3 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:41 PM

well my view is that I'd rather be a dick than a asshole or a pussy cause in the end the dick f*cks everyone and no one f*cks the dick.

#4 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:48 PM

well my view is that I'd rather be a dick than a asshole or a pussy cause in the end the dick f*cks everyone and no one f*cks the dick.

yer so original...

and great attitude btw.

no f*cking wonder most of the posts i find on this forum everyday are "OMG I WAS BANNED" posts.

Edited by J.Pizzack, 07 February 2008 - 04:49 PM.

#5 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:27 PM

Admins pay for the servers, they have the right to deal with disruptive players and do what they want on the server.

That being said, the director of the community makes the final decision on everything and admins shouldn't abuse their powers. They have the right to do things other players can't but they shouldn't use their powers in a manner than adversely affects the server or majority of its players.

#6 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:45 PM

I reserve the right to remain the biggest n00b on the servers. :tup:

#7 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:42 PM

Team America was such a funny stupid movie :P

#8 Komit

Komit

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:06 PM

Admins pay for the servers, they have the right to deal with disruptive players and do what they want on the server.

/thread

Edited by Komit, 09 February 2008 - 05:07 PM.

#9 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:46 PM

I'm a super dick when it comes to the server. However I try not to use my admin powers to enhance my dick size. I agree some admins get their power and don't know how to control themselves. The way I look at it if your using an admin command every round your doing something wrong. Occasional cash is one thing, but being retarded and saying everything in admin chat just to look cool is somewhat ridiculous. Whats great is since I play with many names most people don't even realize I'm an admin and I like to keep it that way.

Also I don't agree with the "just because I pay I can do what I want" thats no excuse...The people on the server are the ones who make the server enjoyable and admins should only help to enhance game play not disrupt it to a point where people leave the server.

I feel what your say Vicious, however just be careful what you say to/about admins. Some can take it other however won't and cross the wrong one and you will be banned.

#10 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:55 PM

lol, I keep my mouth shut mostly in terms of pissing of an admin, truth be told most admins do a damn fine job. And I don't think you're a dick at all at least when it comes to admin, sure you might pwn us in the game and be like "haha!" but who doesn't?

#11 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:04 PM

look bro. if theres something you need to say to us then just say it.. there are many powers that be above server admins. as of late we are trying more to find out what BoSS is doing right and what we are doing wrong.

we want to retain decent people and find out more of what you would like to see happen in our community and in our servers.

its understood people get pissed off when they are slayed or muted due to being ignorant.. we usualy get the "wtf u asshole" bit and next comes "admin abuse"..and thats always a sure thing.

but in theroy we are here to do a job NOT to abuse power by being an ignorant tyrant.

when it all comes down to it fellas... when its you that is f*cked with / punished you hate us.

when theres a hack in the server and everyones hiding in spec then you are more then glad to see us.

its kind of a double edged sword.

If you have something to say say it respectfuly and with decent reason.. all admins including shadow im sure are sick of hearing bullsh*t rant with no point and no idea on how to fix it.

thanks

#12 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:46 PM

lol, but this isn't really just directed at admins (which was really only one admin who was being kinda dickish muting people who say one thing jokingly or kicking/banning people for saying that's lame of that admin to do) but to everyone in the world that I seem to come across that think they honestly deserve respect :P it just was that the one admin (not entirely sure who it was so that's why I'm not pointing fingers) just happened to be the straw that broke the camels back, essentially. And so I ranted :D

#13 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:47 PM

If it were up to me i would make a game with just a mute button.. hahahaha

#14 jalapeno1

jalapeno1

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:15 PM

I'm not exactly sure why people have problems with the admins here, just don't be a retard and block and spam radio chat. Take me for example, i never do those things.

#15 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:25 PM

lol, no problem with the majority of admins, just noticed sometimes 1 or 2 (usually ones I rarely see on anyways) act kinda.. well they mute/kick/ban when it's uncalled for. I just don't like people expecting respect when they haven't really proven they deserve it lol. It is the same problem I have with older people and so many who go "respect me cause I'm old!" and I'm like "why?"

#16 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:47 PM

If its someone you've never seen before (ie someone like me), they're probably running things how it used to be done when they were very active. A lot of the older admins are from a past era and sometimes they get stuck in it.

Speaking of which, I miss my ability to gimp.

#17 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:22 AM

LOL ROGUE

I just think if you give @ a lil respect....they will show to you as well.

sometimes fellas you have to give a lil to recieve upfront.

#18 Cptn.Dave

Cptn.Dave

Lurker

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:04 PM

I keep it simple and effective. I have my own set of guidelines that I follow when in the BoSS servers:

1. Don't do anything that makes you look like a retard, or atleast try not to.
2. Don't question admins about who they banned! I swear to Buddha, in the past few days all I have been seeing is hackers getting RIGHTFULLY banned, and two seconds later a horde of players let loose with the "How long is the ban?" "Why did you ban him?" "Could you plz unban [insert banned playername here] soon?" ... The forums are the place to discuss that; no one wants to turn the game server into a makeshift debate session.

3. Don't play f*ckf*ck and mindgames with any admin unless you are known well enough by them, and you know they will understand your just messing around. Still, don't do it often. For example, Stoned Hatter knows me well enough where I can joke around with him in Gungame and say something like "WTF STONED HATTER IS HACKING"...He knows I am joking around, and even so I don't say that often, not to mention I always conclude with a "lol I'm just messin round man nice shot".

4. Try to sense the current mood of the admins playing on the server- If they seem irritable, you better be ready to accept and not inquire into their actions. If they slay you and f*ck you up and freeze you and all that, just accept it. Don't ask why, don't say LOL, just do whats right. The admins are handling a bunch of people playing a high-octane game on a server that they are partly held responsible for.

I don't think I ever pissed off an admin to the point of ban except for one time I think June of 07 when I played a song on the mic- Lesson learned: do not annoy admins.

Edited by Cptn.Dave, 13 February 2008 - 01:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users