28 replies to this topic

#1 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:05 AM

So seeing as the servers are OK'ish at the moment, what can we improve upon? That includes the forums, Servers, whatever.

Were working on getting some decent maps on the deathmatch server, but aside from that, TF2 has been pretty dead, so I'm thinking maybe a WC3 Mod server, or something of that sort. (not to mention the gg server is being moved to a new server from the owner soon, it should run a lot better)

I notice a lot of random posts about people buying things and whatnot, but what about everything else? Post news, articles, general things you find amusing more often, don't be a stranger, and most importantly, Don't be a lurker, take part in the community, its as much yours as it is mine.

Another thing... Post properly, Boostfed, god damnit when I see your posts I just look away, form a fucking paragraph. :muaha:

#2 EVIL Shenanigans

EVIL Shenanigans

Basement Caucasian

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:18 AM

I'm sure you thought of it shadow, but i was wondering about a CoD4 server if the TF2 isnt turning out all that successful. And yes, it would be plausible to make bunny-hoping a banable offence, since as far as i know, thats your only problem with the multiplayer...but lots of people obviously love it given its success, including several members of BoSS...just figured i'd throw out the suggestion.

#3 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:47 AM

it would be plausible to make bunny-hoping a banable offence

lol

Servers 1 and 2 are excellent all the time, plans for gungame and deathmatch sound good too.

#4 dar_tana

dar_tana

Death to the Infidels!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:28 PM

I've just been noticing a lack of fun and good threads to read on the forums as of late. I think Shlonky brought this up as well a month back. Thank god we have Zero Punctuation once a week.

#5 E42

E42

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:24 PM

I've been hearing alot of "WTF? no flashbangs?" Maybe have a server where there is flashbangs. And maybe more than one AWP? Less restrictions, just a thought. I personally like the setup thats running now. So it doesn't float my boat. Some sort of a CS:S mod sounds cool enough. The two maps are getting kind of bland for me right now. So the last few weeks i've been playing TF2 more. Maybe I should join deadmatch and stfu. I've noticed the forums are slowing down some also. There doesn't seem like as many people are posting anymore. Maybe we could have some soft of tournament to get more people to wake up. And some more people to actually join the forums.

#6 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:29 PM

I think making GG and DM servers popular are of the outmost importance. I always join up when I see someone on either server, then usually some random pubbers start trickling in. More BoSS people should join up in those servers when they see them semi-active, in need of more participants.
And yes, let's look for some fun maps for the deathmatch server!

#7 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:08 PM

Shadow,

I will form a decent paragraph for once.
:wtf:
I know you didnt like some of the picks i had for DM but as of late dm_moron is the most played and most asked for map in dm. Dust2 and Dust are okay but they dont have half the crazyness Moron has. The one thing that everyone hates in a dm server is camping. In moron its near impossible and the gameplay is fast. Agreed the spawns are gay but
the rest of it in general rocks imo.

If you would shadow just pick a few maps from fps and toss them on.. we will play them and give you feedback on whats working and whats not. I think it will be faster for all of us instead of going through the guessing game of if you like the map or not. I do think iceworld would be good.

Any map that is medium in size and open. Where ppl cant camp all over the place.

thanks though.

Edited by Boostfed, 21 February 2008 - 04:10 PM.

#8 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:34 PM

If you would shadow just pick a few maps from fps and toss them on.. we will play them and give you feedback on whats working and whats not. I think it will be faster for all of us instead of going through the guessing game of if you like the map or not. I do think iceworld would be good.

Good idea, let's just add some that look good and we'll go through them. I know that's what we did originally for the gungame server.
And if Iceworld were to be added it needs to be the two floor version.

#9 balls deep

balls deep

Lurker

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:19 PM

Like boost said, I think the best option for DM is to try the maps instead of "voting" based on how they look on fpsb.

Also, for all the servers, can you add the mod that moves a person to be a spectator after being afk for a certain number of rounds?

Edited by balls deep, 25 February 2008 - 03:20 PM.

#10 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:56 PM

the simpsons map for gg is pretty good.

#11 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:29 AM

well the tf2 server may be on the way out from what shadow has hinted to (hopefuly im not wrong)
and were going to have a few more maps for a 5th server which we have been picking out now.

I agree with e42. i think we need some action as far as a server with no restrictions. it wont always be an awpfest. there are maps out there where awps are useless. flashes need to be added as well.. if theirs a team flashing issue admins will deal with it at that time.

I think the forums are getting slow do to all the newer fellas comming in. Which make me wonder where are all of our regs going and what are other servers doing to draw them?

Maybe a resetting of rank in all servers and a soft tourney in the new server may get things rolling. office is beat imo. nothing but team stacking stat monglers and screaming lil kids. i join for a few just to see who's there and spam the dm ip..lol

Edited by Boostfed, 26 February 2008 - 03:30 AM.

#12 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:28 AM

a lot of the maps boost suggested are to big (40+ players) or to small (16 slots and under), office extended will be thrown onto the dm server if and when I can find a dm spawn file, because I'm just not in the mood to manually map spawn points.

imo, It'd be easier for me to just make the fucking maps honestly.

#13 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:40 AM

imo, It'd be easier for me to just make the fucking maps honestly.

Yes, let's.

#14 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:33 AM

Yes, let's.

I've already got the Pencil and Paper drawing a layout or two, don't really have many ideas, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

#15 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:24 AM

so are you taking tf2 down shadow? I finally got the game and have yet to give it a try!

Dave

#16 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:39 AM

Might have to, dunno yet, Don't quite see anything to replace it with, and after thinking to myself, the maps Boost and others requested can just go on the DM or GG server -_-

#17 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:53 AM

season, office extended and a few others added to dm would be finez...

#18 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:36 PM

Ya, i have seen a couple wtf no flashbangs too. But lets not add flashbangs, cause then the assholes will have a feild day with the teamflashing and spamming. Also the restrctions are not bothering me at all. I like the map junkyard for dm. Its really not a popular map infact i am never able to play on it with other people but its really fun, but i can see how it would turn into another hangum high and end up with 100% awping. I also play on the gg and dm servers when ever they have people.

#19 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:42 PM

find the spawnpoints then boost, or anyone for that matter.

#20 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:18 PM

Ya, i have seen a couple wtf no flashbangs too. But lets not add flashbangs, cause then the assholes will have a feild day with the teamflashing and spamming. Also the restrctions are not bothering me at all. I like the map junkyard for dm. Its really not a popular map infact i am never able to play on it with other people but its really fun, but i can see how it would turn into another hangum high and end up with 100% awping. I also play on the gg and dm servers when ever they have people.

flashes make it more fair for cts to obtain their objective and are part of the game.
i think they should be unrestricted in dm or in the new server.
we need more action and no restrictions. i wanna see ppl blow the fu*k up. lol

I was thinking about the "soft tourney" to get things rolling again..im still having idea troubles.. i have some in mind but i dont think they are good enough to mention. :dork: forums is getting slow. we need a boost somehow. :tired:

lastly..matt if you were to get in vent you would have access to admins to fix issues. not come here to forums to restrict game options. you have been in BoSS long enough to know that, you should get it asap.

thanks

Edited by Boostfed, 26 February 2008 - 01:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users