• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:21 PM

Anyone elce getting tired of all the same old sh*t from microsoft?

#2 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:35 PM

As in what? Operating systems? Games?

#3 jalapeno1

jalapeno1

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:54 PM

Everything, there programs are out dated, they fail to come out with new ideas and they love cock. Don't get me wrong Apple is just as bad, most don't realize it because they just cover up Microsoft's crap with some shine.

#4 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:04 PM

Everything, there programs are out dated, they fail to come out with new ideas and they love cock. Don't get me wrong Apple is just as bad, most don't realize it because they just cover up Microsoft's crap with some shine.

What revolution in MICROSOFT OFFICE are you looking for? What more can you do? Do you really want more in an OS? Hell they interfere enough in Vista, so stop trying to be innovative. Games? Hell what hasn't been done? For that matter, there are other developers creating games, not just Microsoft.

If you're talking about their recent fine for charging out the ass to create programs for their OSs then, yeah, but there's so many companies that do the same thing, but don't get the press that Microsoft does. So, yeah it's good to see a company fined for some bullshit they tried to get away with, but not anything new in the world.

#5 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:11 PM

no but i mean lets look at vista, i run xp, and there is NOTHING that makes me want to buy vista, there is nothing that makes me want to get a pirated copy and install it. The features are nothing fantastic, in my opinon it is a step down from i have now, and i would be installing problems. I do however want to get an apple computer with os x, just for the simple reason of having a new look, working diffrently, diffrent software, it would give me something to learn. Limited virus' and sh*ts a bonus. Anyone elce not motivated to turn on there computer for any other purpose than gaming. (and in my case watch it light up)

#6 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:18 PM

If by "new look," you mean "I can't google the word 'WindowBlinds'" and by "working differently" you mean "a dock" and by different software you mean "no games" and by "limited viruses" you mean "nobody uses it" then yes, there's a switch for you.

Agreed, Vista sucks, but buy a Mac and you'll regret it. I'm not saying OSX is bad, it's just not good for what I do. The smart thing to do in your case is to 'buy' OSX and dual-boot it on your Windows machine using the OSx86 method. It's you getting a Mac without wasting money.

Oh and yes I do turn on my PC for more than gaming. Writing papers, web design, map design, browsing the internet, music, movies, TV shows, other videos, etc....

#7 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:39 PM

If by "new look," you mean "I can't google the word 'WindowBlinds'" and by "working differently" you mean "a dock" and by different software you mean "no games" and by "limited viruses" you mean "nobody uses it" then yes, there's a switch for you.

Agreed, Vista sucks, but buy a Mac and you'll regret it. I'm not saying OSX is bad, it's just not good for what I do. The smart thing to do in your case is to 'buy' OSX and dual-boot it on your Windows machine using the OSx86 method. It's you getting a Mac without wasting money.

Oh and yes I do turn on my PC for more than gaming. Writing papers, web design, map design, browsing the internet, music, movies, TV shows, other videos, etc....

What Chris said...

Plus, years back people with Windows 98 and ME were looking at XP the EXACT SAME WAY. XP came out buggy as shit and there was no real reason to upgrade at the time. Pretty much in 1.5-2 years Vista will the standard, and when the next version of Windows comes out in 2010, people will say the exact god damn thing and I'm tired of it.

Yes Vista blows right now. But like the earlier OSs, it will improve, no doubt about it.

And if you want a MAC to LITERALLY have to no reason to boot it up, then by all means waste the $1500 dollars on it. But as it stands my little 1.6ghz AMD Turion x2, with 1 gb of ram and a GeForce Go 6150 laptop out performs my colleges Intel 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo, 6gb Ram G5s. Machines that cost them 2x as much as my laptop, without adding into the cost of the 20" widescreen apple monitors they have. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Dreamweaver all run better on my laptop then the G5s. So, there's no use for a MAC for that. And games? None but WoW, pretty much. Music editing? Get Propellerhead. Virus protection? Download Avast! for free and pay $20 a year for Spyware doctor, and you're set. Assuming you're not a complete dumbass. Want to work differently? Rip off your right mouse button, done.

Pretty much there's plenty of motivation for me to turn on my computer, including, games, talking to friends, music, school work, reading, web design, graphic design, watching movies, and of course the all important pron.

#8 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:40 PM

no, your still not getting me. I know what to do if i wanted a change, i have already skinned my xp, but the programs, remain the same. I can still do the same sh*t with my computer. I mean i also talk with friends, game, listen to music, watch videos, research, papers and sh*t for school, but it doesent make my os better. Like what do u do if your internet goes down, watched all your movies a million times, caught up on all your work, what do u do with windows play solitare. But i guess its the same with all os's. And im not trying to tase vista, i know it will become the norm in a little while, i am saying that it is just as boring as xp, and looks and works similar to it, it doesent motivate me to upgrade(or downgrade whatever it is now). Also with mac you can always put windows on it for whatever mac cant do, like game. That way you can do stuff on osx intill you want to game or something, boot up xp there you go.

#9 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:42 PM

So you want your OS to do something exciting like try to take over the world or do your laundry?

#10 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:53 PM

ya, like program it to send nasty letters to the government, sh*t like that would be great. OR have microsoft come out with something that right off the bat is awesome, and works, with new ideas, and come out with good stuff every now and then. Its not like they dont have enough money to do it. sh*t

#11 Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:16 AM

Mac haters

Seriously though... there's a lot of things about my MacBook that just make it easier to use than Windows (I've been using a PC for 5 years now). Widgets are great, I can track my stock portfolio, write a to-do list, check the weather - all at once by pressing F4. The scrolling on the pad for the laptop feels great, one finger to move the mouse, 2 fingers and you can scroll without having to go to the side bar. There's just so many things about it that make it more convenient to use (unless you want to game).

And zeke... you can't really compare lab computers with your own personal computer... every lab computer runs like sh*t.

#12 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:21 AM

Mac haters

Seriously though... there's a lot of things about my MacBook that just make it easier to use than Windows (I've been using a PC for 5 years now). Widgets are great, I can track my stock portfolio, write a to-do list, check the weather - all at once by pressing F4. The scrolling on the pad for the laptop feels great, one finger to move the mouse, 2 fingers and you can scroll without having to go to the side bar. There's just so many things about it that make it more convenient to use (unless you want to game).

And zeke... you can't really compare lab computers with your own personal computer... every lab computer runs like sh*t.

Widgets are a weak support for buying an MAC, considering I can do all the same stuff just by clicking my browser icon that brings me to my home page, cept the to-do list. Which you can still download window widgets to do the same things. And the touch pad, I can do the same thing with my laptop touch pad as well, nothing special there.

And matt, I can't help but just think you are a complete moron at this point, "wahh my OS doesn't develope a bunch of new things to keep my ADD ridden mind amused." OS are ment to run programs, download some programs to do what you want and shut the fuck up already. Seriously you're one dumb motherfucker trying to argue how an OS doesn't do anything new. An OS doesn't need to do anything new, program makers do. All an OS needs to do is run programs quickly and in a stable way.

#13 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:41 PM

Mac haters

If you want to do stuff like widgets, that comes standard in Vista with the sidebar, continuously showing just about anything you want including rss feeds etc. And as Zeke pointed out, the scroll function on the touch pad is standard for today's PC lappys as well.
There really is no reason to buy a mac.

#14 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 05:18 PM

lol i love these debates. It comes down to who can sound more retarded.

+1

P.S. - I own both operating systems and they both do what i need them to do. OMG BIG f*ckING SURPRISE!

Edited by J.Pizzack, 29 February 2008 - 05:19 PM.

#15 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 06:49 PM

Zeke nothing against what you have said. But you seem somewhat miss informed about what Mac computer (friends) you are comparing it to.

Also, its Mac not MAC.

This isnt a stab at you, but for someone that seems to have very stern beliefs but has basic facts wrong is somewhat disappointing.

If you have any specific Apple questions feel free to ask. I am usually not biased when talking about it.

PS: My 8800gt is coming next week. Cant wait.

Dave

**Trying to not get offensive about ignorance**

Edited by DocSeuss, 29 February 2008 - 06:51 PM.

#16 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:43 PM

Also, wtf are you attacking me for? It is my personal opinion and you DON�T have to agree with it. I am not trying to turn this into a Mac vs. Pc debate, I am sure that there are hardcore mac guys saying �there really is no need for a pc� Ya I agree with cookie, there is no way to compare a lab/school computer to a personal computer. In MY opinion there is nothing a program maker can do to make an OS better, you don�t have to use programs every day, unlike windows where if you have to use your computer you have to use windows. Some programs you choose to use everyday like MSN, which is now windows live messenger, they have like a million different versions of it, they change it so that it never gets old, it always does the same thing but the colors, picture sizes, games, styles and sh*t change, some people appreciate it, not you zeke, but I do. All I am saying is that Microsoft should do more to keep windows users loyal.

#17 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:46 PM

Misinformed? What exactly can a designer $6000 computer do that a home-built PC running Windows can't...aside from Final Cut Pro...which again can be achieved for cheaper using OSx86/hackintosh.

Not that Apple's products are "bad..." It's just that they are extremely expensive for what you get compared to shit from other vendors.

#18 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:48 PM

wasnt really talking about you chris. but there are very little that a high end mac can do that a windows machine can not. Then again for the people that use them for creative reasons generally buy them because any time they can save means meaning money. Case in point, encoding a 1.2gb movie to h.264 takes me just under 30 min. I can bet any one else here its take at least 45 min, most will be near 1.5 hours. Also please find a comparable machine to mine for the same cost and i would be impressed.

It was more the machine zeke was comparing to. A G5 isnt a specific machine, its a processor. So a machine with a G5 cannot being intel or anything else. Those ibm developed processors were quite a bit slower than any AMD/Intel chips out there.

Dave

Edited by DocSeuss, 29 February 2008 - 09:06 PM.

#19 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:48 PM

you havent given a specific machine either, what do you have?

#20 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:57 PM

2.8 mac pro 6gb ram 800gt.

After the ram it cost ~2.9k or so.

Dave

Edited by DocSeuss, 29 February 2008 - 09:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users