• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Bloodyhamburger

Bloodyhamburger

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:24 PM

Can someone please enlighten the admins who play our office server that the rules of the game do not revolve around them?

I am sick and tired of seeing counter terrorists being slayed for not rushing in with 2 minutes left. If they have plentiful time remaining to do their objective, they do not have to rush. People should not have to rush to their deaths just because an admin is dead.

And, also, why are terrorists being slayed for guarding hostages? It is their job... slaying a terrorist for guarding hostages is like slaying a counter terrorist for having them follow him.

I hate to have to make a post about this. But being muted or slayed or kicked or even temp banned for telling the admins this is getting on my nerves, greatly.

#2 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:25 PM

Very valid argument, but I disagree

#3 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:11 PM

You neglect to notice one of our biggest rules on the servers... "DON'T SLOW THE PACE OF THE GAME DOWN."

By having either team camping means, you're slowing the pace of the game. Line for example, every T sitting in projector room means Cts rush up to outside of T spawn and we all play a sit and try and pick each other off game. Making the rounds take a lot longer then needed.

But other then that, I really don't give a shit, I've played CS:S like 30 minutes in the last 2 weeks.

#4 jalapeno1

jalapeno1

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:49 PM

I think the game should be 2 minutes long because some people don't realize this a f*cking game and if you die, YOURE GONNA COME BACK. Just die fast and get it over with. Any admin knows that the ct nubs are gonna die anyway, just die fast so those people who actually rush, don't have to wait.

#5 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:55 PM

The thing that gets me mad is when a Admin is only left on ct...He takes forever and camps

But w/e

#6 _AssassinX

_AssassinX

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:25 AM

i know sometimes i camp so it seems stupid im saying this... but understand what Ezeek said...
Dont slow down the pace....

ill see Ct 1 vs 5 T and he'll go Rescue 1 hostie and then camp window?
WTF?!? who cares if there is 1:20 left why did you rescue one hostie what is the point of that besides giving away your position...

I think there should be boundaries for the time...
Under 1Min and your in front office, window of garage should be slay

and like 1 min and your in longhall, outside Tspawn, or outside Paperroom should be ok...
Alot of people who camp just cant kill 5 people or what ever the odds are and shouldnt camp thats why admin slays...

#7 Bloodyhamburger

Bloodyhamburger

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:01 PM

I fully understand slaying a retard who leaves the hostages, or someone who's camping in the corner of garage behind those crates. That is just flatout retarded and I have no sympathy for those people.

I'm not trying to complain or whine here, it's just when I see a CT walking around in a 1 v 6 with over a minute and a half left, he should not be slayed for it. When you're the last one left, I feel walking is necessary so the whole enemy team can't hear you and know where you are.

I also understand the slowing the pace thing, but the first half of that message is "camping is allowed". And for terrorists camping projector, that is their job. They should be allowed to do it. Rather than slay them, have the ct's shoot the projector hostages, take the t spawn hostages, and win. You don't have to rescue them all. If they don't want to leave projector to stop you from rescuing the hostages, they can lose for it. But if the counter-terrorists aren't smart enough to win a match by hostages, the terrorists should not have to suffer.

And then there are the few ct's who actually do play smart. If a guy is camping in a corner when there's noone around, that I fully understand is slayable. But what I've noticed happens is say in these 1 counter terrorist versus several terrorist situations is he'll kill one guy, then fall back so he doesn't get surrounded. I don't understand what the wrongdoing is in that, as long as there's time left for hostages. The fastest I've rescued hostages is 35 seconds, with my gun out the whole time. So players should not be slayed with a minute left just because they haven't reached the hostages yet.

I've even seen admins slay people for staying in say front office with TWO MINUTES LEFT. That is more than enough time. You shouldn't need to rush 30 seconds into the round just because an admin is dead. That's what I really honestly hate, I can live with the other stuff, but when admins make people hurry up for no reason other than because they don't want to have to wait while dead, it's essentially changing the rules of the server just for the admin's benefit.

#8 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:31 PM

I also understand the slowing the pace thing, but the first half of that message is "camping is allowed". And for terrorists camping projector, that is their job. They should be allowed to do it. Rather than slay them, have the ct's shoot the projector hostages, take the t spawn hostages, and win. You don't have to rescue them all. If they don't want to leave projector to stop you from rescuing the hostages, they can lose for it. But if the counter-terrorists aren't smart enough to win a match by hostages, the terrorists should not have to suffer.

You sir have obviously been in a coma in your time on the office server. Yes, Cts can kill proj hostages, and rescue the other 2.... For about 2 rounds, then the Ts kill the other two and camp proj... Happens EVERY GOD DAMN TIME. Hence we say, fuck Ts and "persuade" them to rush.

#9 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:12 PM

I like Jalapeno's idea of shrinking the roundtime, maybe 2 mins is cutting it short, but shrinking it will ensure people won't have to wait until their hair is gray to play the next round. When there is no admin around to slay hiding retards. It'll spur on the CTs a bit.
Something that might keep T's from camping proj. (the singlemost annoying thing with cs_office) is to, if possible, make CT's autowin if T's have killed their hostages within a timeframe of like 1-1.5 mins. Or make stricter hostage kill punishment (which would the last ditch effort).

Projector Room camping is the most annoying thing because the retards who do it never realize it's doomed to fail from the start. 9/10 times T's lose, and I'm usually the only T who doesn't do it. I usually get 2-3 kills 'cause CTs are all hurrying to proj. to shoot fish in barrels, but I do always die and have to watch my team get slowly picked off.

#10 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:24 AM

I also understand the slowing the pace thing, but the first half of that message is "camping is allowed". And for terrorists camping projector, that is their job.

Totally Disagree. Camping projector room is not their job. Their job is to protect both hosties from being rescued. This means protecting both which is neglected almost all the time especially when after the first 20 seconds every T is in PJ room. Although I have not slayed the T team for this I have threatened to do so.

That honestly is what pisses me off. Players saying camping is allowed. Its tolerated if you are doing the objective. If everyone is in PJ room you are not following the objective. Especially like Boost says when a CT kills the two hosties in their and the CT team rescues the others while every T is still in PJ room . . . . Camping and not following their objective at which point they are going to get slayed like any other player.

#11 SoulWind

SoulWind

Combine Elite

• Server Admin+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:42 PM

Totally Disagree. Camping projector room is not their job. Their job is to protect both hosties from being rescued. This means protecting both which is neglected almost all the time especially when after the first 20 seconds every T is in PJ room. Although I have not slayed the T team for this I have threatened to do so.

That honestly is what pisses me off. Players saying camping is allowed. Its tolerated if you are doing the objective. If everyone is in PJ room you are not following the objective. Especially like Boost says when a CT kills the two hosties in their and the CT team rescues the others while every T is still in PJ room . . . . Camping and not following their objective at which point they are going to get slayed like any other player.

Thats exactly so, it's ok for the T's to fall back and protect projector, but if they run there and sit there the whole round... well thats what mass slay is for.

Same goes for CT, when there like 1 minute left and the CTs are still sitting at Office/Front Window/Garage window/Sniper and aren't making an effort towards getting in, thats slayable (in my case I prefer to beacon, but I have slayed before)

keeping the rounds going, instead of turning into a CT/T camp fest is one of the things that makes the server great.

#12 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:15 AM

I know i play t alot (because i cant stand the m4) I never camp Proj room inless i have very low hp or on the rare occasion where there are alot of ct's left i will fall back to proj. It inrages me that i have to move up with no hp and there are dumb n i ggers still jerking around in proj room pretty much watching me move up to my death. If i was an admin I would slay proj room every round intill they decided to move there asses (so if you want to do that guys go for it!!! im never in there) I often feel like i have to tell my team where to watch, paper, side hall, long hall, main hall, if i dont noone watches it. I often get knifed cause my dumb ass team leaves me to watch entire spawn by myself while they go sausage fest in proj room. As many have probably noticed that this makes me angry... Anyway, so if the t's were to rush garage, or office, or snowman, that would be no problem if the ct's were to camp a little to not get raped by the rush. Just not to long, and if the T's insist on camping they should do it wisely not like dumb assholes and try and cram 15ppl into projector where everyone dies cause we all block each other.
Just my thoughts.

Edited by matthew0155, 08 March 2008 - 02:18 AM.

#13 Stoned Hatter

Stoned Hatter

The Stoned one

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:18 AM

90 second rounds lol :evil: :evil: :evil:

#14 Inertia

Inertia

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:12 AM

Just a thought from an old fart, the reason i <3 playing on this server almost exclusively is the rushing, I dont care if I'm t or ct rush rush rush it makes it fun. It pisses me off when you see the same player round after round camping the same place. Typically if there are 1 per side left I like to call for a knife fight, or even better if there is only one left on a team I'll tell the other team to knife. Makes it fun for the players and the people that are watching.

#15 jalapeno1

jalapeno1

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:41 PM

True, it is always awesome to watch that damn camper get knifed!

#16 Communist

Communist

Red Lazarus

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 12:10 PM

I realize that I may not exactly be in a position to talk seeing as how I haven't been on in like a year (Protip: Commie should be far less busy by May 7th), but unless we've had some seriously radical changes in our playerbase's style then Ts camping is almost holy writ rule.

Now, don't get me wrong, I fully support the rush, and my horrific KDR (to say nothing of the Strategy Guide I wrote a while back) back up that view. There's nothing quite like the feeling of taking Front Office and then falling on the CTs as they blindly rush up the front stairs. But oftentimes that's just not able to be pulled off, and so the Ts due to lack of skill or coordination are forced to fall back to camping Projector.

I personally have to agree with Hamburger in that admins are often extremely fast to punish CTs for not rushing in, especially when said CTs are heavily outnumbered. But the job of the CT is to rush in fast and precise, which many players fail to realize or do. And so we get campfests. On the other side of the coin, Terrorists camp most often BECAUSE someone tells them to- oftentimes it only takes one failed rush to get everyone squawking CAMP CAMP CAMP. The best solution, I think, would simply be to remove the "Ts can camp" line from the intro- suggesting CAN translates most often to SHOULD and DO in the mind, and removing that would increase the action-oriented attitude to rushing. Ts know they can camp- it's a CS map, camping is implied. But they often forget that the CTs aren't the only ones who can rush, and reminding them would probably make for faster, more action-packed games.

Disclaimer: The preceding may have rambled all over the place.

#17 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 12:35 PM

Alot of people probably think that i camp, but not in one spot, i try to cover all of spawn. Paper, Side Hall, connector, Main Hall if the t's manage to do a successful garage rush, i rarely rush, i dont like it because you never know whats coming, when the ct's see a good rush they fall back aswell and camp, then out positions are reversed and were the ones that rush in to our death, ive never been a fan of stealth and all that, but i like to think slow move around see if I can hear them first, in a rush you are so pressured to move that you dont think and end up the first one with a bullit in the head. If you stop you have a million t's b*tching about you blocking, this is why i dont rush, and if there is one guy left everytime who camps in a bullsh*t place, slay, if there is one guy left i would just walk in and try and take out as many as i can with me, to end it, and if there is a whole group of people camping to avoid a rush its ok.

#18 youwerekilled

youwerekilled

NegroAchievement

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:39 PM

heres the main point. in every other 24/7 office server in existence, ts can camp projector for 1 reason: a gay little item called FLASHBANGS. this evens the playing field because cts can flash proj/paper and then rush the fortified ts.

however, in our server, we do not have flashbangs, which means when we rush in projector, we get insta-raped. and it is for this reason that cts are at a huge disadvantage in our office server IF THE TS CAMP. and this is why admins like myself do not allow projector room camping and as a result have ma_beacon #t, binded to an easily accesible key.

if you like to camp t spawn/proj, simply go to another server and get flashbang spammed all day long.

Edited by youwerekilled, 12 March 2008 - 03:40 PM.

#19 Armitage

Armitage

Journeyman

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:27 PM

ma_give #ct weapon_flashbangs haha just kiding, but it would solve that problem, unless you have a noob ct team and they flash themselves and die to the ts that rush out after.

#20 the.dino

the.dino

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:31 PM

i just shoot them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users