• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Aceofclubs

Aceofclubs

Lurker

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:00 PM

I have a rave, i greatly dislike getting banned for trying to play the game... let me set the scene for you. Mabye you can help me understand why i got banned.

Round 1, i was lucky enough to get the awp, got 2 kills, and died. Round 2, the admin got the awp, so i went deag and followed at a distance. Once i heard gun shots and nades i went in to help and mabye get an awp from a fallen teamember. I hear 3, (yes i counted) awp shots when i come up the shot A stairs to see an admin missing constantly with the awp at a random CT that was hiding at the baskets to the left. So like a good teammate, i move in to help the fight get a couple shots with my deag. An HE flys in so i jump back down to the gap below short A by hte stairs to try to survive. A second later the admin joined me there with the game chat scream "f*ck you you f*cking blocker". I don't respond, to people like this so i jumpped up off his head and go in to keep playing. Got 2 steps and banned.

I've read the rules, and i like them. I broke none.. so was the violation... upset admin (because he sucks with awp) or was i "in the way" for saving his ass?

You tell me.

BTW: my is is Steam_0:1:6089320 if i could get removed from the banned list. Your server is great, fun, and still in my favorites.

#2 SuHh

SuHh

BoSS Calculator

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:16 PM

I have a rave, i greatly dislike getting banned for trying to play the game... let me set the scene for you. Mabye you can help me understand why i got banned.

Round 1, i was lucky enough to get the awp, got 2 kills, and died. Round 2, the admin got the awp, so i went deag and followed at a distance. Once i heard gun shots and nades i went in to help and mabye get an awp from a fallen teamember. I hear 3, (yes i counted) awp shots when i come up the shot A stairs to see an admin missing constantly with the awp at a random CT that was hiding at the baskets to the left. So like a good teammate, i move in to help the fight get a couple shots with my deag. An HE flys in so i jump back down to the gap below short A by hte stairs to try to survive. A second later the admin joined me there with the game chat scream "f*ck you you f*cking blocker". I don't respond, to people like this so i jumpped up off his head and go in to keep playing. Got 2 steps and banned.

I've read the rules, and i like them. I broke none.. so was the violation... upset admin (because he sucks with awp) or was i "in the way" for saving his ass?

You tell me.

BTW: my is is Steam_0:1:6089320 if i could get removed from the banned list. Your server is great, fun, and still in my favorites.

i doubt it was for more than 5-30 minutes on the ban

#3 Aceofclubs

Aceofclubs

Lurker

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:26 PM

i doubt it was for more than 5-30 minutes on the ban

wish i could agree, cause its been 35 minutes now. It's why i left my steam id too, most times you see a ban like that, ita a "admin smite" the noob kind of thing perm'a ban.

This is why i'm requesting a real admin, or a Boss member .. not a donator with admin status, help me please. I usually only get a few hours a of game time in when i get home from work and before i make my family dinner.

Edited by Aceofclubs, 02 April 2008 - 06:41 PM.

#4 SoulWind

SoulWind

Combine Elite

• Server Admin+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:14 PM

you realize it was almost certainly shadow or scroll who banned you both of which, by your thinking, are REAL admins....

needless to say, NOT a good post, be apologetic and usually things get resolved much better. With a good post things usually work out fine.

just as an FYI, EACH time you attempt to connect the server, a ban resets. So if you were banned for 30min and try after 22min, you need to wait another 30min

#5 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:22 PM

are you sure thats a rave, and not an unban request? cause if it is your in the wrong section.

#6 adrian

adrian

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:27 PM

First of all, a "rave" is something you extremely like. A "rant" is something you dislike. Secondly, you probably just got a temporary ban, it happens to everyone now and again. If it wasn't a temporary ban maybe a "real" admin might come and unban you. I kind of hope they don't. And Matthew is right, this post is in the wrong section.

Edited by adrian, 02 April 2008 - 08:28 PM.

#7 Aceofclubs

Aceofclubs

Lurker

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:38 PM

i see no reason to be apologetic, no insult or error occured. Just plain admin abuse, but thank you for the post of resetting ban times. I'll just connect tomarrow and figure out which admin it was and ask him why he felt the need to be so rude.

#8 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:18 PM

more than likely it was the owner of the server....and ya...good luck with that.

#9 Komit

Komit

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:06 PM

This title was misleading :'(

#10 Bloodyhamburger

Bloodyhamburger

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:53 AM

I have to agree, some admins do stuff that really makes me question why they sitll have their powers. However, going on a b*tchfit is not the proper way to address it, take it from me. I've been doing that for a while now, nothing gets done. The whole situation is pretty much a bunch of people complaining and then everyone else says stop being a whiny b*tch and then nothing gets done.

What's really gotten on my nerves is recently where admins will say "Hey guys let's rush next round!" then when people don't do it, they get slayed. No one player is the supreme commander of counterstrike, and therefore I don't think you should be allowed to be the CS equivalent of Stalin and punish people for doing nothing wrong except not following unreasonable orders. I've kept quiet about it and gone along with it, but it's still getting on my nerves greatly.

Other than that, I have to say I honestly have no other problems with any of the admins right now except for them sometimes taking out their frustration by punishing others.

#11 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:11 AM

bloody, if you are agreeing with him, your an idiot, and if you are agreeing with him you also should post it in the correct section. Also its rare that you see such a contradictory post, you say "a b*tchfit is not the proper way to address it" but then continue to b*tch yourself. Ive noticed that your quite good at it, and i have seen your million posts b*tching about something, but give it a rest already, there is only so many posts of yours that i can read without wanting to kill myself.

#12 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:32 PM

Man I haven't made a post like this in awhile but I guess we have enough new members that it is needed.

Understand this and do so well.

We don't give a sh*t. Now I am not saying that to be mean to you or anyone in particular. I really mean it though. We don't give a sh*t. If you take things to serious then you are going to get banned from this community because none of us come here for drama, we come here to have fun and trash talk each other while having a good time and getting drunk or stoned (sometimes both, actually mostly both). No matter what you whine about we have a great weed out process.

Most of the members, dedicated members, admins, and even demigods have been banned from here and more then once too (okay some are up to seven or eight) but the point is that getting banned doesn't mean that you are forever out of this community (if you are French it does though, that is the one exception).

So relax and realize it is the internet and you don't come on here to be a pussy. If you don't find this funny then you probably should rethink why you are posting on this site.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users