44 replies to this topic

#1 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:11 PM

So i've been pretty bored lately with PC games and I've been beating my Wii games to death. So I'm looking to buy a new console. However I don't really know much about either or about their library of games. I've never played either so I need help.

So first I need to know which Console has a better game library. What games do you like for each console? Which ones really make the console worth buying over its competitor?

Ok and now with each console there are different versions. Elite, Arcade, 40 gig, 80 gig...blah blah blah. Now I know with the PS3 only the 40 gig is left however I'm willing to spend extra for the few 80 gigs that are left if its worth it. So for each console, what do you think is the best package and why?

I've been looking at the Elite and the 80 gig, but do I really need to get the best?

Also I'm really excited about the idea of online play? So any extra info on that would be cool.

Please help.

#2 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:56 PM

360 is overrated tbh, you'll get bored in 4 months unless you fit into that 14 year old halo fag group, tbh I'd say the PS3 still has a ways to go before its on par with the 360's game selection, but it still depends on what you like to play.

#3 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:34 PM

It depends on what you want to play, look at the exclusives for each one and get the one that has the most games you'll play.

I got the 360 because GTA IV will be better on that console due to the exclusive content. Call me an MS cockfag if you want, but I've been waiting almost 4 years for this shit.

#4 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:27 PM

PS3 has my vote. GTA4 and GT4, need i say more?

#5 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:52 PM

Yes, you do, as GTA4 will be on 360, and there has been rumors of possible GT4 for 360. Plus, GT is meh, Forza forever.

#6 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:18 AM

Its GT5 not 4

Ps3 is better....No RRoDs

and almost every good 360 game is on PC anyway so go far the ps3

#7 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:31 AM

my vote's for ps3. bluetooth, free online play, web browser, blu-ray player, builtin wireless

#8 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:46 AM

GT5 won't be coming out til like 2037

and no, the prologue bullsh*t doesn't count

I would still go with PS3 though, I didn't and wish i did

Edited by IWantWhiteCastle, 07 April 2008 - 09:46 AM.

#9 dar_tana

dar_tana

Death to the Infidels!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:39 PM

Get a second Wii!!! Seriously, I have no idea. Just don't listen to me.

#10 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

Get a second Wii!!! Seriously, I have no idea. Just don't listen to me.

He already has one.

Basically, if you see anything that's exclusive for the 360, then wait for it come out on PC. If you don't like Final Fantasy then don't bother with a PS3 as, as per usual, most highly hyped PS3 games eventually migrate over to the 360 anyway. (Don't even try to say, "But Ezekiel, MGS4 is a PS3 exclusive." Cause you damn well know it will be out on the 360 in 6 to 12 months after initial release.)

Personally, besides the Wii, I think console gaming is devolving, and dying. Console gaming seems to have become a quarantine area for the majority of retards and those without the IQ to operate a keyboard and mouse at the same time. Which, I'm thankful for, because if PC online gaming was 1/10 as bad as XBL, I would give up any sort of multiplayer game for the rest of my life.

#11 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:58 PM

PS3 because it can interact with the PSP :weee:. I only have a PSP and a comp, I suggest you not get any of them.

#12 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:22 PM

PS3 because it can interact with the PSP :weee:. I only have a PSP and a comp, I suggest you not get any of them.

You're suggesting he ditches his computer? Wha?

#13 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:22 PM

He means dont get a PS3 or 360

#14 Sgt. Bojo

Sgt. Bojo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:46 PM

N64.

#15 adrian

adrian

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:57 PM

I kind of agree with Shadow, I did end up selling my 360. I liked most of the sports games, but after I played Halo 3 I lost all interest in 360. I realized they are not going to put in the time to make the games worth a sh*t. Having said that, PS3 is possible the most overpriced console ever invented. I really do wish Wii would come out with more games. I would love to see some more Resident Evil games.

#16 Bloodyhamburger

Bloodyhamburger

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:47 PM

Solution : Nintendo remakes every Nintendo 64 game for the modern console, and everybody's happy.

Mario Party and Conker's Bad Fur Day alone kept me entertained for about half a year.
Then I got Perfect Dark and some of the Banjo Kazooie games and those lasted for the other half.
And KIRBY 64 MOTHERf*ckER never gets old.

#17 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:00 PM

You're suggesting he ditches his computer? Wha?

No, I mean he should always have his computer and in addition have a portable gaming console like the PSP. :weee:

#18 the AntiHippie

the AntiHippie

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:04 PM

N64.

Agreed.

I don't know though, I have a 360, and the fans are loud and whatnot and my brother has had problems with his before which is why I got the warranty. When I bought it I was deciding between the PS3 and 360 like you are and decided based on the games that I like to play (Bioshock, Mass Effect, Oblivion, Gears of War, etc.). I realize a lot of them are on the PC too, but my comp isn't good enough to do the games justice. Also since Gears of War 2 is coming out in the fall, I thought 'why the hell not'. Biggest gripe I have about playstation is that they haven't changed their piece of sh*t controllers since the original and the xbox controllers are awesome (or at least I think so).

Personally, I think it depends entirely on what games you like to play and whether you plan to play online a lot.

#19 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:59 PM

The new 360's have a new heatpipe system to stave off the rrod, plus they have assloads of warranty, no questions asked...

That, and when you firmware hack the dvd drive, you have the entire collection at your disposal, rather than the sh*tty library that the ps3 currently has.

#20 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:20 AM

My vote goes to the PS3.

-Free Online Play ($50/yr on 360)
-Built in Wireless ($100 for a Wireless Network Adapater for the 360)
-Bluray Player (which are incredibly expensive on their own)
-Bluetooth compatibility

And then look at the (currently) exclusive titles the PS3 has coming up in the future (because I'll admit all the already released exclusives for the PS3 aren't that great, except for maybe Resistance):

-Metal Gear Solid 4
-Resistance 2
-Killzone 2
-Final Fantasy XIII
-Tekken 6
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue

What does the 360 have for exclusives?

-Halo 3 (so overrated. This game sucks go suck cocks in hell for all I care, and it's only a matter of time before its released for PC anyway)
-Mass Effect (this is getting ported to the PC so there goes another exclusive)
-Gears of War (mediocre game, and that too has been ported to PC)
-Dead Rising (okay no complaints here that game f*cking rocked!)
-Dead or Alive 4(not a bad fighting series, but its main selling point is just sex so meh...)
-Ninja Gaiden 2 (A great fighting series but Ninja Gaiden was ported to the PS3 so this one probably will too, and Team NINJA has all ready stated that they are considering shifting their focus away from the 360 and making titles for both systems. Note: This can also be said for the Dead or Alive Series)
-Blue Dragon (never played it, seemed like an ok RPG but nothing revolutionary)
-Lost Odyssey (also never played it, but this one actually seems kind of interesting)
-Fable 2 (Ok so there is ONE game one the way, ONE, that I am looking forward to...thats it)

What else does the 360 have?

-RRoD
-Absolutely HORRID Customer Support
-Lots of backdoor attempts to suck more money out of its consumers
-A huge library of INCOMPATIBLE Xbox games

The PS3 is $400-$500 but doesn't have many hidden costs. You buy the system, and you get everything you'll need with it, with the exception of possibly a mic (which any USB mic will work), incompatibility with PS2 games (if you buy a 40 gig, in which case just hold onto your PS2) and a Memory Card Adapter if you want to use PS1/PS2 saves you all ready have.

The 360 is $350-$450 (not counting the Arcade cause its not even worth buying) but bites you in the ass with the following:

-Xbox Live subscription: $50/yr
-Wirless Network Adapter: $100
-HDDVD Player (which is useless now by the way): $120 (although now if you can find them they are less than $50)

Total cost for a Xbox 360 Pro System with Xbox Live and a Wireless Internet Adapter: $500 (+ $120 for the HDDVD Player if you bought one)

And look there, the cost for both systems is equal...

Now, if you want a 360 and DON'T plan on playing online (which means you'll be missing out on the system's biggest selling point), then yeah you'll be spending $350, which is considerably cheaper, but then you still have to worry about the RRoD and dealing with Money$oft support.

I'd much rather go with the PS3. It's price tag is well worth it, it's got a lot of great games on the way, the community is really developing with Home on the way, and you have the peace of mind knowing your system wont sh*t out on you if you look at it wrong. Call me biased if you like, but I bring up valid points.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users