44 replies to this topic

#21 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:32 AM

And then look at the (currently) exclusive titles the PS3 has coming up in the future (because I'll admit all the already released exclusives for the PS3 aren't that great, except for maybe Resistance):

-Metal Gear Solid 4
-Resistance 2
-Killzone 2
-Final Fantasy XIII
-Tekken 6
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue

What does the 360 have for exclusives?

-Halo 3 (so overrated. This game sucks go suck cocks in hell for all I care, and it's only a matter of time before its released for PC anyway)
-Mass Effect (this is getting ported to the PC so there goes another exclusive)
-Gears of War (mediocre game, and that too has been ported to PC)
-Dead Rising (okay no complaints here that game f*cking rocked!)
-Dead or Alive 4(not a bad fighting series, but its main selling point is just sex so meh...)
-Ninja Gaiden 2 (A great fighting series but Ninja Gaiden was ported to the PS3 so this one probably will too, and Team NINJA has all ready stated that they are considering shifting their focus away from the 360 and making titles for both systems. Note: This can also be said for the Dead or Alive Series)
-Blue Dragon (never played it, seemed like an ok RPG but nothing revolutionary)
-Lost Odyssey (also never played it, but this one actually seems kind of interesting)
-Fable 2 (Ok so there is ONE game one the way, ONE, that I am looking forward to...thats it)

Funny, you're recommending consoles based on your opinions of games.

Also, both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD were useless from the start, it's not long before everyone downloads shit and discs become obsolete.

I also like how you listed MORE exclusives for the 360 and for many of them you said that they were playable games.

And hidden costs? How about the whole GT thing Sony was going to do where you pay for cars?

#22 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:05 AM

the GT thing is no different then HL2 Episodic content, except they kinda lost the concept, but I doubt it was sony's decision...

#23 �Forgotten�

�Forgotten�

Lurker

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:36 PM

I recommend xbox360.

I have the newest version of the xbox360 and it has had no problems what so ever.

WOOOT GO XBOX.

#24 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:29 AM

Also, both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD were useless from the start, it's not long before everyone downloads sh*t and discs become obsolete.

I also like how you listed MORE exclusives for the 360 and for many of them you said that they were playable games.

And hidden costs? How about the whole GT thing Sony was going to do where you pay for cars?

How else can I recommend games OTHER than using my own opinion?

BluRay/HD I agree with you on, but a lot of people are eating up the BluRay right now so I thought I'd mention it.

And I listed MORE exclusives for the 360 because the 360 has been out longer (Out of the 360 games I listed, only Fable 2 and Ninja Gaiden 2 aren't out yet) and lets see, Halo 3 is a PoS IMO, Mass Effect is a great game but being ported to the PC, Gears of War was pretty gay and is also on PC now, and the few RPG's I listed are only because they are about the only other exclusives on the 360 anyone gives a sh*t about. Personally, the only two games on that list that I think are worth a damn are Dead Rising and Fable 2, and I guess I'll give Mass Effect some credit too, that was a solid game.

And the GT thing isn't nearly costly enough to make an argument out of. Plus, the extra cars will be optional, you don't HAVE to buy them, but to play online with a 360 you HAVE to purchase an Xbox Live Gold Account, and possibly a Wireless Network Adapter, depending on how your connection is set up.

I'll sum it up by saying this:

Right now, 360 has a slightly better library, but come Fall/Winter 2008 the PS3 is gonna blow it out of the water.

Edited by Mr. Sticks, 11 April 2008 - 12:31 AM.

#25 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:04 PM

if your going to get the ps3, get the 80gig, because the 40 has less options than the 80, helpful options that the 40gig should have but those jews at sony that feel that you should get more than just a hdd for your money. The 40 has 2 usb ports , and 2 controllers, the batteries last quite a while, but if you have to charge both at the same time as well as use your mouse and keyboard, and maybe the guitar hero/rock band adapter, your screwed, you need to get a usb extender. I think that they should all have 4 usb ports, but thats not a good reason to not buy the 40gig if your tight on money and dont mind getting a usb extender.

#26 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:23 PM

I'm confused, so can the PS3 run PS1 and PS2 games?

#27 Cyprus

Cyprus

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:16 PM

I'm confused, so can the PS3 run PS1 and PS2 games?

Depends on what version of ps3 you have. I'm pretty sure the 60gb version can play all ps2 and ps1 games. I heard that the 40gb ps3 cannot play ps2 games at all. A future upgrade might be possible, but I don't know.

If you want a ps3, the get the 80gb or 60gb version. If you're low on money, the 40gb version is right for you. I'd actually wait for the mgs4 80gb bundle or the rumored gta4 bundle to come out.

#28 Ahkmed

Ahkmed

DICK RAMM

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:16 PM

is just sex so meh...

That invalidates all valid points.

#29 mj0ne5

mj0ne5

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:09 PM

Depends on what version of ps3 you have. I'm pretty sure the 60gb version can play all ps2 and ps1 games. I heard that the 40gb ps3 cannot play ps2 games at all. A future upgrade might be possible, but I don't know.

If you want a ps3, the get the 80gb or 60gb version. If you're low on money, the 40gb version is right for you. I'd actually wait for the mgs4 80gb bundle or the rumored gta4 bundle to come out.

Yeah, My 80GB plays both flawlessly.

#30 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:36 AM

Why lol? Cuz I don't think solely with my cock? Don't get me wrong, I've been playing the DoA games for years now, but you know I'm right, the main selling point of the series is sex. Just look at the Volleyball games and try to tell me otherwise.

#31 Cyprus

Cyprus

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:16 PM

I've heard that certain games don't work until the ps3 gets the newer updates.

#32 youwerekilled

youwerekilled

NegroAchievement

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:55 PM

you only had to ask me. i have all 3 systems, and based on what you like to play, there is no question you should get ps3. blu-ray, built in wifi (80 gb) and free online play. this is a waaaaaaay better deal than the 360. plus ratchet and clank, teh best platformer ive ever played.

#33 youwerekilled

youwerekilled

NegroAchievement

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:02 PM

Also, both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD were useless from the start, it's not long before everyone downloads sh*t and discs become obsolete.

the car thing is not a hidden cost chris. it is an optional cost. and wonder dont play racing games so it doesn't matter anyway... also the quality on blu-rays is so far better than any hi def download you can get from the xbox market place or the internet (on your pc). they are not in the same league. and you pretty much get the blu ray player and the wireless capibility for free with the 80 gig ps3 (compared to the 360 elite), so why not get them. keep in mind i have a ps3 and an xbox 360 elite, and love both, so im not a silly fan boy like some you...

Edited by youwerekilled, 14 April 2008 - 03:03 PM.

#34 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:47 PM

LOL!

How is the blu-ray better quality? It's not. I'm pretty sure that blu-ray movies are high-definition and high-definition movies you download are in high-definition...so how is blu-ray better? It doesn't matter what the source of the content is, it's the same resolution, so blu-ray doesn't magically make it better...and you said you're not a fanboy.

#35 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

Save the money you have to upgrade or build a new computer :tup:.

#36 mj0ne5

mj0ne5

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:41 PM

Save the money you have to upgrade or build a new computer :tup:.

exactly.

#37 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:01 PM

*rable**rable*

#38 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:46 PM

How is the blu-ray better quality? It's not. I'm pretty sure that blu-ray movies are high-definition and high-definition movies you download are in high-definition...so how is blu-ray better? It doesn't matter what the source of the content is, it's the same resolution, so blu-ray doesn't magically make it better...and you said you're not a fanboy.

I have seen alot of play on the word HD when it comes to online. Most places will call downloadable media HD if its just the right resolution, however the quality is not there. I almost positive that anything you find online (save downloading a 50gb movie from torrents) will be less quality than blu ray.

Thanks being said I do believe that the Xbox has a better current library. The PS3 is looking more and more attractive though.

Dave

#39 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:43 AM

Buy something that is worth the money...

A QP perhaps.

Edited by MainEvent, 17 April 2008 - 08:43 AM.

#40 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:16 PM

I have seen alot of play on the word HD when it comes to online. Most places will call downloadable media HD if its just the right resolution, however the quality is not there. I almost positive that anything you find online (save downloading a 50gb movie from torrents) will be less quality than blu ray.

How so? If something on a Blu-Ray disk is 1080p with a 7.1 audio track, and a downloadable movie has the same resolution and audio...and if they are using the same codec, the quality will be exactly the same. The PSTriple or whateverthefuck Blu-Ray player you might have might be better at up-scaling if it's required, but at the native resolution, the quality is the same regardless of the source.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users