• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:52 PM

In my class we have sh*t box computers, and were stuck with xp with limited accounts. We cant do sh*t to them. All the settings and stuff resets everytime you restart the computer. So my question is: Do any of you know how to hack into the admin account of windows xp from a limited account. I tried all the methods i found on google today in class. I tried these: Boot in safe mode and choose administrator, but it never asked which one i would like to sign into. I tried the method where you type some sh*t into command prompt and then net user lets say ralf, you type net user ralf * then you are asked to change password, but i got access denied. Any of you hackers know any other methods to try, or even better a program on a boot disk that will entirely skip over the password and boot into administrator all together.
I have a feeling that this isnt possible.
Matt

#2 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:04 PM

Yeah, i just had to do that this year, or last year actually (2007) but in this academic year.. but you get what im saying...

like 95% of my school computers are on a server that all of the computers load the sh*t from (they pretty much are dummy terminals, we cant even use the HDs), and they got it locked down pretty tight that it amazed me, seeing as how my school system sucks at pretty much everything else, but i had a class that had computers that weren't on the main network and they were all standalone, so i could actually get the pass...

What i did was boot into Linux off of a live cd, get the SAM file onto a flash drive and then used Saminside to get all of the user names and passes on that comp...

EDIT: BTW, once you do get the passes, don't tell ANYONE... not your friends or anyone, especially if they have a limited knowledge of computers... Nothing worse than having a moron playing around on a computer with administrator privileges.. since you will be the one that gets f*cked by the school if anything is wrong and they find out...

Edited by Novahawk, 11 April 2008 - 08:07 PM.

#3 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:11 PM

ya, its pretty tight in my school too, but im sure that there standalone computers, ive spent like 3hrs researching this in the past few days, once i manage to actually do it i can focus on my school work (maybe) but most probably get back on the servers. Is there any links or something you can give to help me out with this, i have an 8gb usb drive so i can put like unlimited crap on there if i have to.

EDIT: Ya i wont tell anyone, i just want to have the satisfaction of doing it and uninstalling all the junk in them to make it faster, my teachers an idiot he wont notice. But at the end of the year ill probably tell him im out of there what are they going to do? I figured id post here because any real tech sites would just ban me and close the thread. So i really dont know where else to post it.

Edited by matthew0155, 11 April 2008 - 08:14 PM.

#4 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:19 PM

Linux

The one i used, has alot of random crap for finding holes and crap, but i guess any could work that has the ntfs read/write thing...

What you'll need to do is mount the flash drive and the hd with the windows installation, copy the SAM and SECURITY files which are located in C:\Windows\system32\config\

The go home, download Saminside (google it) and just use it... It will ask you for both the SAM and SECURITY files to decrypt.. and bam...

#5 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:33 PM

so the first step is to burn that knoppix to a disc as an image?
p.s thanks for the help

#6 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:06 PM

Yeah i had a really good link, but i can't find it anymore.. sorry... im just giving you the main steps of what you have to do, but you'll have to find out how to do the stuff (like mount and copy the stuff in linux if you dont know)

#7 dar_tana

dar_tana

Death to the Infidels!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:09 PM

At my school, our administration just found out that literally about 50% of the students had the administrator password to access blocked websites and such, and now we have absolutely no computers to use. The administration has denied all student rights to computers until they check every one individually to make sure there's nothing malicious on any of them.

Once they get a report of exactly how many people got through the system we'll find out the full extent of the punishment, but so far 3 kids were suspended, and they're threatening things like not having Prom, or having this day called May Jam, which is a tradition at our school, and other privileges like that taken away.

Thought I'd let you guys know what happened here. And I think the response here has actually been kinda light, just a warning.

#8 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:14 PM

id love that, i love empty threats. my school always threatens to do sh*t that they cant do. Like you know you have to dress formally to the grad. They say that they wont let you go to your own graduation that you paid for if your not dressed up.... Bullsh*t. It makes me want to do it, and i probably will. How did everyone get the passwords? Does your school suck at protecting there computers.

linux i just booted it on my other computer, and have no clue how to use it... Looks like i have more research to do.

Edited by matthew0155, 11 April 2008 - 09:57 PM.

#9 Armitage

Armitage

Journeyman

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:42 AM

there is a program called PE commander that is more windows based that will let you view copy and edit ntfs files. there are also off-line linux based password removers. it also sounds like your system is using deepfreeze so that when you make changes and reboot it will revert back. you can pull up the password screen by using CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F6. there are some step by step "how to unfreeze a pc" guides out there if they do have deepfreeze. all in all, the pc priveleges are controlled by the registry and you can actualy look up the reg code and change it to make your user an admin, you can also do this in the pe programs. but like previously said, once an admin finds out you have tampered with something, you will probably get in some trouble, but if you want to and dont care then go for it. honestly if you can get bios level access and change the boot order on your school pc so you can boot from a flash drive or cd-rom drive, then they kinda do deserve to get their systems compromised. you may find that when you stick a cd in to boot to it, it wont boot adn you cant change the order without a bios admin password. good luck.

#10 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:28 AM

And this is why I'm glad my school has a campus wide wifi. I just use my laptop and say screw the schools computers.

#11 dar_tana

dar_tana

Death to the Infidels!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:29 PM

Yeah the security at my school is a joke. I knew kids had the password but I didn't realize how many did. Kids found out through various ways (sometimes, literally just looking over someone's shoulder) and then spread it around. One kid was a really idiot and downloaded a key logger and some other malicious programs that he did not use for malicious purposes and now we're all in real trouble because of that.

A nearby school where I lived had a problem like this that was going on for a few years and it got so bad that the kids were changing grades and even SAT scores and finally got caught this year and now all of them have been rejected by their colleges (and some where already in college) and we're talking about like Harvard and Princeton here, and at least 3 are now in jail.

Moral of Story: It can go bad, just be sure you know the consequences of anything before you do it and then decide if it's worth it. I mean c'mon, is it really that bad to just wait until you get home before you use the computer?

#12 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:40 PM

Yeah the computers i was doing this on were on a separate network, not part of the school network so there was no way they could track it... The computers weren't even on the internet (since they were not on the school net), i just did it so i could install a couple games since the class i was in was so boring and i had nothing to do.. My school constantly tracks everyones computers and if you're somewhere where youre not supposed to be, they kick you off..

I agree with everyone and would also not recommend it if there is a chance that you can get caught

#13 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:07 PM

ya, i know i also just want to install/uninstall some sh*t on the computer. I also just want the satisfaction of doing it. I am not worried about being caught, my school isnt tracking anything. It is on the net, but if i would have been kicked off a million times by now, considering instead of doing the bullcrap work i look up how to hack the computer the whole time. They would have noticed by now. Sometimes i play around in the bios of the computer during class.

Today i tried another method on my other computer that i set a password for to see if i could crack it. Today i did, i used another linux based program that just resets the password of the administrator or whoever you choose. It worked. I noticed that it does not always work, so i am going to continue exploring your method nova.
matt01

#14 TheHobo

TheHobo

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:07 PM

y are settings all that important? and if ur only doing this to unblock internet sites use a proxy >.< anything with a .info tag will do, well, pretty much.

#15 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:44 PM

i just got back, so i couldent report in.
I did it, i went early to class so that when the teacher went out of the room to bust all the lates, i put in the boot disk and reset that password. Today i installed unfreeze which disabled DeepFreeze so that i could uninstall it. So now anyone who goes to use that computer can save, change anything they want on it. I made the student account an administrator account so that even if they check the history of the sites that were visited, they were all visited under the student account. I am the administrator of it. I would love to see the look on the tech guys face when he sees his fine lockdown of that computer smashed to peices, and i would love to see the look on his face when he goes to put that password in and its wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users