18 replies to this topic

#1 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:01 AM

So, every time I play a movie in Winamp (pirated or not), I always get the same problem. The sound comes through, but all I get on the video tab is:

Posted Image

Am I missing a plug-in or something? And I know the DVD/files are not corrupt. Please try and help me out... Thanks in advance.

#2 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:16 AM

probably missing some video codecs. There was a really good codec pack that had alot of the common ones and no spyware. But 90% of codec packs have spyware so watch out. I think it was called klite or something like that.

#3 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:21 AM

Yeah, I was just lookin' around the web for some codecs, and I found the one you were talking about... But I decided I'm just gonna use Windows Media Player...

EDIT//

Thanks by the way.

Edited by MainEvent, 28 May 2008 - 09:21 AM.

#4 Sgt. Bojo

Sgt. Bojo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:06 AM

Windows Media Player...

May I suggest VLC?

#5 foxhound100

foxhound100

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:53 AM

May I suggest VLC?

+1
Works for everything

#6 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:54 PM

May I suggest VLC?

You may. Thank you.

#7 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:47 PM

May I suggest VLC?

sorry if you like vlc, but i had it for a while and all it did was screw with me. Seriously. Worked like sh*t for me(might have just been me)
Glad i uninstalled that sob.

#8 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:19 AM

Maybe Winamp isn't working because of something called "overlays"... I fiddled with the Winamp settings, but I was wondering if there is a way to change the "overlay" through the Video settings...?

That made no sense, but, meh.

Edited by MainEvent, 29 May 2008 - 07:19 AM.

#9 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:25 PM

sorry if you like vlc, but i had it for a while and all it did was screw with me. Seriously. Worked like sh*t for me(might have just been me)

Wow, how do get VLC to not work? It's the best and easiest media player out there, bar none. I've been using it for probably six years and have only ever had one file it wouldn't play correctly (that another player could). It's usually a corrupt file if VLC can't make it work.

#10 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:20 PM

Thread hijacking ftl, 2 day Posting Suspension.

VLC>ALL.

#11 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:04 PM

Wow, how do get VLC to not work? It's the best and easiest media player out there, bar none. I've been using it for probably six years and have only ever had one file it wouldn't play correctly (that another player could). It's usually a corrupt file if VLC can't make it work.

VLC>ALL.

It is really worth it? Am I getting any more benifitz that I wouldn't get in WM?

I mean the thing that pisses me off is that I have to play all these movies in about 3 different programs, and I just want to be able to f*cking double click a damn icon, and play the damn movie in one program.

Edited by MainEvent, 29 May 2008 - 04:05 PM.

#12 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:13 PM

VLC is the most optimized media-player in existence for movies, also removes some of the requirements for codecs with its directshow support.

for music, I like Winamp just for the on-the-fly ability to change sound output devices. but its not difficult to set it up so that mp3's open in winamp and avi/wmv in VLC

if in VLC the movie still doesn't play, you may need codecs, so download gSpot and analyze the file, then download K-Lite codec pack or CCCP (Community Codec Pack or something like that)

#13 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:46 AM

yep frag and shadow has it right. listen to that advice and you won't fail.

#14 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:49 AM

VLC is the most optimized media-player in existence for movies, also removes some of the requirements for codecs with its directshow support.

for music, I like Winamp just for the on-the-fly ability to change sound output devices. but its not difficult to set it up so that mp3's open in winamp and avi/wmv in VLC

if in VLC the movie still doesn't play, you may need codecs, so download gSpot and analyze the file, then download K-Lite codec pack or CCCP (Community Codec Pack or something like that)

Alright, I'll keep winamp for the music, and I'll test drive VLC and see how she is. Thanks.

#15 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:06 PM

It is really worth it? Am I getting any more benifitz that I wouldn't get in WM?

I mean the thing that pisses me off is that I have to play all these movies in about 3 different programs, and I just want to be able to f*cking double click a damn icon, and play the damn movie in one program.

VLC will solve all those woes, trust me. And yeah, keep Winamp for music, it's the best audio player, but really is no good for video. I used to have WMP, RadLight, and a few other programs to run different movies in... once I tried VLC I never used another video player again.

#16 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:24 PM

Yeah, I love Winamp. Talking about Winamp, is there a setting, or some sort of plug-in that lets you change songs and sh*t in-game?

EDIT//

This sh*t works perfectly, and some of the movies even have subtitles. Thanks everyone.

Edited by MainEvent, 30 May 2008 - 01:43 PM.

#17 r3dneck

r3dneck

Lurker

• Banned
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:31 PM

Yes, Winamp is great, but I prefer iTunes, just because I like the interface more.

#18 Dimmizer

Dimmizer

Lurker

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:32 PM

Those of you who use Winamp and like it, just download DivX and you should be able to play any video file.

#19 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:49 PM

Yeah, I did that already and it didn't help. Thanks though. Just so everyone knows, problem is solved, so someone can lock the thread or something.

Edited by MainEvent, 31 May 2008 - 06:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users