9 replies to this topic

#1 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:36 PM

Ok for you pc know it alls i will tell you what happend and let you laugh a little.

when your done let me know wtf i need to do.

I was playing css about 4 months ago and all hell with my pc broke lose.. It shut off and when i fired it up again i got the nice blue screen saying i had malware and i needed to install anti virus. well

1) i did go and buy the kaspersky anti virus.
2) the cd drive wouldnt open nor would it do anything
3) hard drive = toasted.

so im sitting thinking wtf am i going to do now? I have a friend that works at best buy and i was just going to buy an all new system... i was told by the geekf*cks at best buy no problem we can have it out in a few days..

i got all my info backed up. and all the virus's removed.
then they call me back and tell me yea your hard drive = f*cked. like it wont respond to anything.

so they replaced it with a 500gb hard drive and i still have 3 gigs of ram..

so heres my issue.. im getting 1480kbps thru broadband and yet my pc is slow as f*ck. I have all the kaspersky settings to a medium setting (default) so this sh*t wont happen again.. when i turned it off durring a speed test i only got an extra 280. so thats not the issue.. its the xp i think. i feel like this f*cking thing is bottle necked.

also** i get this icon in the lower right of my screen and for some strange reason it wont dl..

Security Update for Windows XP (KB951376)
Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows XP (KB950760)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950762)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951698)
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - June 2008 (KB890830)
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB950759)

NONE OF THIS WILL DOWNLOAD. UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD i have gone to microsoft and tried to do it manually.

any ideas or walk throughs i can do to fix this? i know it shouldnt be that much faster with all the storage.. but f*ck.. i had to wait 6 min just for this screen im typing on now to come up.. downloads are stupid.. i download something and go to work for 6-8 hours and prey its done when i get back. its not my internet connection,

wtf!!!!!!!! do i do?

thanks for any info you guys have.. i know shadow runs kaspersky or did at one time and seemed to like it.. are there settings i need to fix?

thanks in advance

Edited by Boostfed, 17 June 2008 - 09:39 PM.

#2 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:42 PM

Kill Yourself, best thing you could do.

#3 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:42 PM

Weird sh*t. Maybe virus, maybe hardware problem somewhere.

My advice, backup your sh*t and format your drive. Formats are necessary once in a while. I usually have all my prog's (about 40 or some sh*t) reinstalled in about 6 hours total time from start of reformat. Wakeup this sat. morning w/all ur sh*t good to go backed up and prog's dl'ed already to be reinstalled, format, and start over. If you still get something wrong w/ur comp right after you format, then idk wtf to tell u lol.

#4 $VT-c0brA

$VT-c0brA

drunken master

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:48 PM

Kill Yourself, best thing you could do.

fucking lulz^^
and besides what snipr said then i would just stick with shadow's advice.. :>.<:

#5 korosys420

korosys420

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:47 PM

hahahahhahaaaaa...........formats are fun

#6 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:42 PM

Kill yourself for going to best buy to have a computer problem fixed. They are the WORST people you could have to fix your sh*t. Always have a friend do it, pay him 30 bucks and it will work 200 times better than what geeksquad can do.

#7 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:39 PM

I don't think geeksquad is the worst by any means. They do a decent job actually; however charge a ridiculous premium for it. I never would go there; but I guess since he knows people it definitely isn't the worst thing ever.

#8 SuHh

SuHh

BoSS Calculator

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:51 PM

Kill yourself for going to best buy to have a computer problem fixed. They are the WORST people you could have to fix your sh*t. Always have a friend do it, pay him 30 bucks and it will work 200 times better than what geeksquad can do.

isnt armitage geek squad?

#9 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:33 AM

isnt armitage geek squad?

Well then, I hope he dies in a fire.

#10 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:40 AM

Boost... first thing I would do personally is open the pc and see how f*cked up it is... second I would reformat that thing in 2 seconds. Back up your sh*t and BAM... should fix all your problems. You said you had another hard drive put in so I dont know if they just copied over your os or did a fresh install but it sounds to me that your XP or Vista OS is shot to hell. If that dont work.. well.. I would can the pc, canibalize it for all the good hardware, buy a barebones pc, and make it run better than what you had with your old hardware (if compatable). Usually when I start getting slowness and problems I do the reformat. Ive been lucky lately and havent had to do it in some time, but its a b*tch...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users