23 replies to this topic

#1 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:21 PM

Thought Id post this.. I think its a good shot of in game footage. Got kinda lucky capturing the blasters firing.

Posted Image

#2 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:03 AM

lol, carebear.

#3 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:42 AM

I had my fair share of 0.0 and got my ass handed to me. I was with this corp and got moved all over the dang galaxy and lost all my ships and killed many times... I got sick of that crap so for now, yes I am a carebear... :tup:

#4 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:17 PM

lol, carebear.

how can you tell it's carebear from the SS? Just curious. I don't have EVE so I'm not really familiar with it. Looks nice tho

#5 AssHattery

AssHattery

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:10 PM

eve any good i've never played it it looks pretty cool tho

#6 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:35 PM

I can tell he's a carebear because he is killing an NPC Sansha Battleship with a thorax.

eve any good i've never played it it looks pretty cool tho

with the upcoming changes in November, I just canceled my account, shits getting like WoW where as soon as everyone starts crying, shit gets nerfed.

#7 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:07 PM

You can also tell cause there is an acceleration gate behind my ship.

#8 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:38 PM

So wait, you quit EVE?

#9 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:29 AM

You can also tell cause there is an acceleration gate behind my ship.

Yeah forgot to mention the deadspace gate, honestly though, Stop with the carebear crap, fuck missions, go pvp and do market manipulation on the side to make a ton of cash quick.

and yeah main, I quit, the upcoming fall changes pretty much cripple an entire race of ships and destroy a whole style of gameplay.

#10 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 11:41 AM

Can someone give me a quick retard lesson on EVE? Is it more about the character you create? or About the spacecrafts you get? I did some reading on the game because I was contemplating trying it b/c it does look really nice and the sci-fi aspect grabbed my atention(even tho its been out for years), but it's hard to understand just reading game descriptions. I have read that game bases itself off player interaction, pvp, etc. but still offers PVE content.

Is it gonna be a hardcore time-sink if I get into it now? I play WoW still and probobly will remain to with my freetime when im not working. Ive been on a carebear server forever b/c i rolled with ppl i worked with and my old roomates. And the arena system, and pvp system in general is so imbalanced right now and it's somewhat tiring. Broke the game so to speak.

Is the pvp in EVE more like "World PVP" in WoW?

ok someone write me a novel!! =P

#11 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:25 PM

its about skill training, getting to a certain point of not-sucking takes about 6 months, another 6 months for specialization, granted you don't have to actually play the game to train skills, but to get the isk to buy the skills you need to. (I have 30m sp on Shadow)

reaching PvP-pwnage status requires work, understanding of modules and ship fittings is difficult when starting out, you may think *Lasers and a shield tank on a thorax* is a good idea, but in reality, it isn't.

once you get over the learning curve, everything is a bit more enjoyable / easygoing, but then once you reach the end of learning, it becomes a grind of what you feel like using to kill somebody with next, Similar to going into a toolbox and picking what you feel is best suited for killing.

Granted Eve's training system has its perks and flaws as well, for example when this upcoming patch comes out, everybody who has burned a couple of months in Minmatar ships will be pretty much useless (Vaga, Muninn, etc), and since there is no compensation for CCP's nerfbat, you're pretty much fucked.

so in that regard, the training system is flawed, the Market is one of the more creative aspects of the game, but I can't help but feel that after a certain point (6 months or so, you eventually slow to a crawl and just stop playing, because unlike in other MMO's, Finding a fight in eve is harder then it sounds, note how I said fight, and not Blob.)

if you're cool with the game developers punishing your every action with every patch, go ahead and try eve, otherwise don't even bother.

#12 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:40 PM

hehe, all games like this have flaws....its undenaible.

Never know, I might find that I just dont have the knack for it, or time or i just plain suck lol

I JUS WANNA HASA SPACE SHIP GIZE! ....or something....

#13 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:23 PM

and yeah main, I quit, the upcoming fall changes pretty much cripple an entire race of ships and destroy a whole style of gameplay.

Does that mean you're gonna play more Sauce?

#14 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:13 PM

not really, I'm playin d2.

#15 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:09 PM

I noticed that about the minmatar ships.. and guess what race I have my main as... damn minmatar... I might play for a little longer but im starting to get board alot... bah..

#16 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:28 PM

what I didn't like about EvE, wasn't really the game, but the fact that I had to play other games just to keep entertained with it, that's a pretty fucked up logic if you think about it.

#17 foxhound100

foxhound100

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:32 PM

Yea I realized that too... in order to be entertained while playing eve I'd have to have a video running in order to not be bored out of my mind.

#18 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:08 PM

what I didn't like about EvE, wasn't really the game, but the fact that I had to play other games just to keep entertained with it, that's a pretty f*cked up logic if you think about it.

+1..

I do the same thing and ya know.. plus running those premium graphics makes my pc run hotter so basically Id just minimize the game and surf the internet or whatever.

#19 Unleashed

Unleashed

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:51 AM

Why do all the MMORPG keep getting worst with every patch.. I've played 1 game (not gonna mention the name) that got worst by the month, but the time i put into it,welll i got a lot of money for it. :muaha: . BTW i tried WOW, worst game ive ever attempted to play.

#20 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:10 AM

Ever think you were just terribad at all of them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users