• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 foxhound100

foxhound100

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:43 AM

As some of you know I just finished building my new pc and it has been running perfectly for a day. Now when I boot it up it gets to the windows loading screen and then the screen goes black with a message saying no DVI signal. There are no beeps. How can this be fixed?

Edit: This happened as I plugged in a second monitor before booting. Now after reboot only the second monitor gets signal

Edited by foxhound100, 23 August 2008 - 09:52 AM.

#2 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:47 AM

Unplug the secondary monitor and after windows is booted up plug in the secondary and assign the setting in properties menu.

Careful with a secondary monitor when updating graphics drivers. Last time I updated my drivers with my secondary monitor plugged in it caused a few problems that resulted in a driver cleaner and fresh install of my graphic drivers.

Basically as you plugged in the monitor cable while it was off the computer is guessing which one is the main monitor (Or it's using the main DVI out monitor.) and will remain that way till you set the secondary monitor as extended desktop.

#3 foxhound100

foxhound100

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:59 AM

Well the issue now is with just the primary plugged in it still blacks out during boot up, but if i plug the secondary in then it shows on the secondary.

#4 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:01 PM

Well the issue now is with just the primary plugged in it still blacks out during boot up, but if i plug the secondary in then it shows on the secondary.

Sounds like it set a too high of a res on the main monitor, try booting into safe mode and see if you can change the display down to a manageable level

Edited by Scroll_Lock88, 23 August 2008 - 01:01 PM.

#5 foxhound100

foxhound100

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:04 PM

strange... even though I'd already tried this before, I tried again to just plug in the primary only and then boot and it works now. Would it make a difference that I changed the dvi output on the gpu?

BTW: Thanks for the input guys

Edited by foxhound100, 23 August 2008 - 01:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users