really? I thought they still made those clear purple macs

/sarcasm off

#5 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:38 AM

Macs are awesome, and I really mean it, so much that if OSX had the program list that windows has I would have definitely switched over by now. Have had nothing but pleasant experiences working with macintosh computers. Most likely my next laptop will be a powerbook.

#6 AssHattery

AssHattery

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:42 AM

haha made me lul when he punted it

#7 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:13 PM

Macs are awesome, and I really mean it, so much that if OSX had the program list that windows has I would have definitely switched over by now. Have had nothing but pleasant experiences working with macintosh computers. Most likely my next laptop will be a powerbook.

Enjoy overpaying.

The OS itself isn't badly designed...it's Apple. They refuse to let you buy OSX and use it on non-Apple hardware. If they did that, OSX might see some marketshare.

As of right now Apple is an evil company and if you buy a Mac, you're an overpaying meatpuppet.

#8 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:39 PM

this argument will never end. B/c both sides have stupid points.

Chris. I have a $1000 laptop. Do you know which one? Prolly not cuz theres a hundred of them that cost the same price.

It may be an evil company, but at least people who pay for it get products that....-wait for it-....actually work.

Or are they just lucky?

#9 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:13 PM

It may be an evil company, but at least people who pay for it get products that....-wait for it-....actually work.

Goddamn I hate when Macfags use this argument. Windows works too. IF WINDOWS DIDN'T FUCKING WORK, WHY DOES IT HAVE SO MUCH MARKETSHARE?

Nearly every problem related to computers, including Windows is user error, OSX is just sometimes more forgiving about them--it has to be, Apple markets to and has a userbase of complete idiots.

Also here's a $1500 Sony laptop and a $1500 Macbook, guess which one has a lower price with better hardware and...-wait for it-....actually works?

#10 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:21 PM

Apple's OSX is more stable because they can control the hardware that goes into them.... where a windows machine has to support all hardware(and all of the sh*tty drivers).

#11 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:03 AM

Macfags? You know what, f*ck you chris. I didn't say sh*t about you but you prove time and time again that you are just some faggot who likes to flex his epeen and pretend you know everything. I'm not sure what gives you the right to call people sh*t w/o any good reason.
you must have been sexually abused as a child...even tho you still are one. But I bet you liked your asspounding.

Shadow, call the assholes off. They are acting up again.

#12 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:58 PM

Calm down, Macfag is a polite term for Mac users. People who play consoles? Consolefags. People who play WoW? WoWfags. etc...etc...

No need to be butthurt. I'm interested in what you have to say to my argument.

#13 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:16 PM

Haha, oh my god. Pizzack, you're f*cking hilarious.

#14 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:18 PM

lmfao, i've NEVER heard someone get so iRate over mac fanboys getting slammed before.

#15 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, forreal. He just f*ckin' eTripped.

Edited by MainEvent, 15 September 2008 - 04:24 PM.

#16 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:24 PM

Marketshare? Because until a f*cking year ago, you couldnt get a Mac anywhere short of buying one on Apple.com
MS has their sh*t everywhere. it's like the f*cking plague. And has been since the mid 90s.
The average consumer walks into a best buy or a walmart or any other sh*tty retail store, and you have a variety of desktops all preloaded with windows.
Not much of a choice. As a former TV/Audio/Computer salesman, I had a simple motto. You can only sell sh*t to someone once. This means: Someone wants to take the easy way out, so they go with the normal cheap sh*t. They then realize what a huge hunk of crap it is, and never make the same mistake.
So now basically anyone whos ever had serious issues with windows MIGHT actually do more reasearch, or perhaps even go for the complete opposite product.
This is what has happened and the reason why apple has become the evil company you claim. at least to computers. they also make all their gay ipod products and fanboy iphone crap that appeals to pretty much anyone who wants to look pretty.....can't help that.
Your claim of everyone who owns a mac being a complete idiot is a bold statement. Someone is an idiot for buying something they know will last longer and have less problems? Hmm, I'll have to remember that.
Apple's also you proprietary parts and hardware, which you can b*tch all you want about being monopolistic, but at least you know if something breaks the new one will work without doing any research or legwork. Sounds like a safe plan to me.

I dont know how you could argue any of this. It's so f*cking simple.
Now if you'll excuse me I have to leave work and maybe I'll visit the forums on my mac when I get home b/c I have to reinstall windows on my desktop again. And no, I'm not joking =\

#17 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:27 PM

k, whatever guys. Enjoy whatever flames you wanna toss my way. I could care less of what people think of computers. It's chris that actually bothers me. Sorry if im not familiar with macfags and consolefags or w/e.
Like I said earlier, he is just quick to bash, and its unwarranted. But suck his dick more....please..

#18 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:46 PM

Nah, I mean, you did just sort of erupt there man.

#19 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:51 PM

Marketshare? Because until a f*cking year ago, you couldnt get a Mac anywhere short of buying one on Apple.com
MS has their sh*t everywhere. it's like the f*cking plague. And has been since the mid 90s.
The average consumer walks into a best buy or a walmart or any other sh*tty retail store, and you have a variety of desktops all preloaded with windows.
Not much of a choice. As a former TV/Audio/Computer salesman, I had a simple motto. You can only sell sh*t to someone once. This means: Someone wants to take the easy way out, so they go with the normal cheap sh*t. They then realize what a huge hunk of crap it is, and never make the same mistake.
So now basically anyone whos ever had serious issues with windows MIGHT actually do more reasearch, or perhaps even go for the complete opposite product.
This is what has happened and the reason why apple has become the evil company you claim. at least to computers. they also make all their gay ipod products and fanboy iphone crap that appeals to pretty much anyone who wants to look pretty.....can't help that.
Your claim of everyone who owns a mac being a complete idiot is a bold statement. Someone is an idiot for buying something they know will last longer and have less problems? Hmm, I'll have to remember that.
Apple's also you proprietary parts and hardware, which you can b*tch all you want about being monopolistic, but at least you know if something breaks the new one will work without doing any research or legwork. Sounds like a safe plan to me.

I dont know how you could argue any of this. It's so f*cking simple.
Now if you'll excuse me I have to leave work and maybe I'll visit the forums on my mac when I get home b/c I have to reinstall windows on my desktop again. And no, I'm not joking =\

Yes, MS has their shit everywhere because MS doesn't make the hardware Windows runs on. Also it's not Best Buy/Walmart/[insert retailer here]'s fault that Apple refused to sell their shit at places other than their website or at their stores, which are still scarce. And these days when I walk into Best Buy, there is a whole section of the store dedicated to Apple.

The reason Apple is an evil company...moreso than Microsoft, is because THEY are the ones who will sell you shit more than once. Sure, buy a Mac and it will still work 10 years later, Apple makes a point about this, but since they will be outdated (as Apple updates their hardware regularly) it's irrelevant.

Apple is also evil because they refuse to port certain applications to Windows. Microsoft ports Office to OSX. Why can't Apple port Final Cut to Windows? Is it because it won't work on Windows or is it because it would make using OSX instead of Windows for creative design inconsequential?

Finally, Apple also ass-reams the idiots who buy their "proprietary" hardware.

Let's take a look at the cheapest 20'' iMac you can get. Let's configure it. I'd like to know how 4GB of DDR2 800 RAM is $300. I'd also like to know why a 500GB hard drive is $100 when you can get a 640GB for $15 less.

But ok, say you're not too much of a fucking idiot to get an all-in-one, and you opt for the Mac Pro.

Sure, the memory is buffered but it's still 500 fucking dollars for 4GB of RAM.

$130 for two ATi x2600XTs? You can almost get 4 of them at the normal price.

Apple certified? I like it better when it's called "Vista Certified" and it doesn't cost $500 for 4GB of RAM.

#20 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:20 PM

Well youd be stupid to pay that for ram anyway...and if you DID need it its clearly for final cut....which...you guessed it, youd be pigeonholed into a mac anyway. Don't hate. Ignore it. Buy MS, nobody cares. I buy it out of necessity. I have 2 computers. 1 just HAPPENS to be a mac cuz i wanted a laptop...and i wanted something different...god forbid i think that.
If you had one you wouldnt even care....well maybe you would since you clearly already detest it.
I dont even see the point of upgrading my OS on my desktop yet, so Vista-shmista...who gives a rats ass imo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users