17 replies to this topic

#1 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:06 PM

AI to the Pistons for Billups and McDyess.

Who got the better deal?

Even though AI is 230213 years old the man is still a miniature beast and will help any team he joins. I think since he moved to Denver he's learned to calm down and be a "team" player. I'm looking forward to see him with Rip and Rasheed.

I've never been a big fan of Chauncey and always thought he looked "great" because of the team he was on. He is good, but not Great IMHO.

Personally I think Detroit got the better deal, however losing McDyess does hurt.

Oh and wtf Oakland dropping DeAngelo Hall? WTF? I think his numbers were down because he was playing on a fail team. I'm looking forward to him going to a semi decent team with some real Safety's. I still think he is one of the best corners in the games.

Your thoughts?

#2 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:31 PM

I'd say the Piston/Nuggets trade was legit. Billups and McDyess are both great role players. AI is an explosive scorer even for his age. and he can still get you 7-8+ assists per night on top of that. McDyess is great off the bench.
To be honest, I don't know why either team even made this trade, unless AI demanded it. Denver certainly has no need for a Power Forward(the have K-Mart, and Nene), and Billups is hardly a replacement for AI. Maybe they think Billups moves the ball and gives their other players more scoring opportunities.

THe whole DeANgelo hall thing...dont get me started.

Skeletor...err I mean Al Davis...is a f*ckING senile idiot...
I hope he dies soon so the Raiders can get back their respectable franchise.

Edited by J.Pizzack, 06 November 2008 - 06:36 PM.

#3 not Gaara

not Gaara

Lurker

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:34 PM

The pistons do not gain anything. All they get is a player that just wants to score when they already have a good team and enough people to score. U CANNOT WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP WITH AI!!!...he cant be put on the point because he's a natural 2 guard. The nuggets get the better deal because they get Billups who has already won a championship and knows how to lead a team.. >.<

#4 Haven

Haven

This bacon is stinky

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:15 PM

^Who's that?

#5 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:58 PM

Its only weird because they just signed that 70 million dollar contract or whatever. He's been playing like total ass no matter what team hes on. Nnamdi Asomugh (had to look that spelling up lol) is considerably better imo.

#6 SuHh

SuHh

BoSS Calculator

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:10 PM

i dont think d-hall can be called one of the best in the game... sure hes f*cking fast as hell... but his awareness isnt up there

i see him all the time getting burnt off a simple one maybe two cut route...

don't get me wrong... hes amazing... but def not one of the best

#7 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:33 PM

Its only weird because they just signed that 70 million dollar contract or whatever. He's been playing like total ass no matter what team hes on. Nnamdi Asomugh (had to look that spelling up lol) is considerably better imo.

when your team is absolute sh*t, it's hard for anyone to shine :33:
that said, How bout Jamarcus Russell and Darren McFadden? lawlz

I kinda feel bad for Gibril Wilson. He left the Giants for more money, he's an awesome Safety, and he's stuck in the grundle of football cities. I don't feel bad that he got greedy...granted, he did deserve more $...but idk..poor bastard.

#8 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 02:58 PM

D Hall just signed with the Redskins.
Too lazy to post the link

#9 Armageddon

Armageddon

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:59 PM

DYESS IS GONE! YES!!!!!!!!

sad to see chauncy go though...

#10 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:24 AM

DYESS IS GONE! YES!!!!!!!!

sad to see chauncy go though...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but McDyess is coming back to the Pistons after the required month NBA makes you wait after a trade before signing with another team.....unless your contract is purchased(which the nuggets are doing for McDyess) SO he might play in Boston for a month and then come right back to Detroit

#11 MONEYSHOT

MONEYSHOT

Lurker

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:15 PM

well i think that AI is still an amazing player and the trade was great....for the pistons haha! but im a huge Virginia Tech fan and i was really dumbfounded when i heard that hall got droped! hes still a great player and oakland still sucks!

#12 Armageddon

Armageddon

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:30 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble, but McDyess is coming back to the Pistons after the required month NBA makes you wait after a trade before signing with another team.....unless your contract is purchased(which the nuggets are doing for McDyess) SO he might play in Boston for a month and then come right back to Detroit

damn.....

#13 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:00 PM

damn.....

lol cmon...he aint THAT bad! Sure he's older and past his prime, but coming off the bench he can stil get you 10 and 10 or more!(pt/reb)

#14 Armageddon

Armageddon

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 06:06 PM

lol cmon...he aint THAT bad! Sure he's older and past his prime, but coming off the bench he can stil get you 10 and 10 or more!(pt/reb)

he is that bad. only in about 2/10 games he'll get 10 and 10. And theres been more games we lost than i can count because of his crappy judgement/shooting/balling handling/overall game knowledge

#15 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:20 PM

ROTOWORLD REPORTS:

Antonio McDyess has decided to return to the Pistons and will sign with them on December 3rd, according to his agent Andy Miller.

This squashes what little value that Jason Maxiell and Kwame Brown had, and may also cut into Tayshaun Prince's minutes a bit. McDyess will be a decent source of points and rebounds, but may struggle to earn enough minutes to make a fantasy difference.

hehe called that one

#16 Faber

Faber

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:27 AM

Speaking of the sh*tty Ass Pistons... AI my favorite player cant play a lick of D.. and what about Amare for Sheed and AI...

BTW Lakers trade some russian dude i cant spell for Adam Morrison today!!!

#17 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:19 AM

As a suns fan, the only team I would allow Amare to play for would be the Nets.

#18 Faber

Faber

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

I heard that the Heat and the Bulls are pushing for him hard... i guess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users