#1 Ziros

Ziros

@dm!nz0r

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:58 PM

OK, check it out:

My computer will restart if, after first turning it on, I open an internet browser of some sort.
Now, it's not the browser(s) because I've tested this on Firefox, Opera, Safari, IE and Chrome(current browser).
It is that same with all of them. When I open a browser, computer restarts.

The only way for me to access the internet is to either:
Open ventrilo, steam or some other program. Stuff that uses their own ports.

Also, if I do this and get the computer "warmed up" as I call it, I can't just surf the internet with only a browser running, the computer will restart. Something like steam or vent has to be on in the background to prevent it from crashing.

Weird, yes I know. It has to be some internal port issue with either my TCP/IP setting and/or onboard LAN w/e I am stumped. I've been trying to fix it off and on for like 4 months and I am all out of ideas.

What do you think?

#2 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:10 PM

BSoD or Hard reset?

#3 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:19 PM

under system properties, advanced, startup recovery settings make sure auto restart is unchecked. other than that, my best guess is corrupter registry

idk, did some quick searches:
http://www.daniweb.c...read136609.html

have you reformatted your comp and this persisted?

#4 Ziros

Ziros

@dm!nz0r

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:09 PM

BSoD or Hard reset?

No, straight to bios startup.

under system properties, advanced, startup recovery settings make sure auto restart is unchecked. other than that, my best guess is corrupter registry

idk, did some quick searches:
http://www.daniweb.c...read136609.html

have you reformatted your comp and this persisted?

Yea, i unchecked that trying to find an error message. It doesn't write anything to dump. Just restarts.

#5 Ziros

Ziros

@dm!nz0r

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:02 PM

I think i may have fixed it. I ran Driver Detective and it found my Nvidia drivers were corrupt, reinstalled them and have been unable to force a restart.

#6 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:07 PM

Yeah that site said the one guy had corrupt video drivers. Hope it helps. Get on XBL to play some gears tomorrow nigga.

#7 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:17 PM

I hope you didn't pay 30$ for that driver detective program......... If you did, just throw your computer away you don't deserve to have it. That is the WORST program I have ever dealt with. When you do alot of computer work you try different programs to see what they do. Well, I installed this on a fresh installed windows with all the updates, all driver updates to maximum and it told me it needed 4 driver updates. The links to the drivers were to out of date drivers from the year previous. One of which crashed the computer.

Stay away from it, uninstall never use again!

Edited by Scroll_Lock88, 08 November 2008 - 06:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users