8 replies to this topic

#1 Komit

Komit

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:21 PM

Basically, my teacher needs to secure the hard drives for our class. Our class runs on a network 1tb harddrive the entire school can access but it's complete chaos and files are constantly deleted or moved. So my teacher got the idea to buy 3-250gb externals, plug them up on his admin computer, and have them only able to be accessed by the class. Still, he feels very insecure about it, and needs me to help him finding a program.

I need something that will monitor network activity on a hard drive. He wants to be able to know what time, what action was performed, and which computer it was done by. This is a bit out of my scope, but being his geeky buddy and fellow computer builder, he came to me for help.

I would like a program that can perform all or most of these actions. Any input is GREATLY <3'd.

#2 Ahkmed

Ahkmed

DICK RAMM

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:19 PM

Get duct tape air horns and string, I think what you do from there is self explanatory.

#3 Komit

Komit

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:34 PM

Bump

#4 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:28 PM

Could create a FTP server on the 'main' computer with logins for said drive. Different FTP programs will allow different things. But you may want to get ahold of the school's network administrator before proceeding, alot of schools and educational networks are limited on what they can run on the network. No pirated software etc.

#5 PinkPanther

PinkPanther

Lurker

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:14 PM

You could download Turkojan, from Turkojan.com, its a turkish hack that allows you to monitor all comps on your server. if you need help with it let me know.

#6 Unlikely

Unlikely

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:34 AM

Perhaps some type of file sharing daemon? FTPd or Samba maybe. I don�t know. What type of OS?

Edited by Unlikely, 09 January 2009 - 08:36 AM.

#7 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:16 AM

Posted Image

#8 Shmitty

Shmitty

Lurker

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:47 AM

ok at my school im pretty much a hacker, i am signed in as a technician at my school i can shut down the whole school but id rather not get f*cked int he ass my friend got caught and expelled we have a group of 3 i can change grades, get exam answers im 4.0 every year, if u need help and u want it to email me at [email protected] or just pm me over steam-name is Scorch0

#9 Komit

Komit

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:58 AM

ok at my school im pretty much a hacker, i am signed in as a technician at my school i can shut down the whole school but id rather not get f*cked int he ass my friend got caught and expelled we have a group of 3 i can change grades, get exam answers im 4.0 every year, if u need help and u want it to email me at [email protected] or just pm me over steam-name is Scorch0

Haha me and a friend do sh*t like that. Nothing with the grades and sh*t, but we like to pull up some sh*t in command prompt and shut-down the computers of douche bags in our classroom. The computer's linked to about 10,000 other computers since my school district and county buildings are all on the same network.

As for the fellow above, he's running XP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users