55 replies to this topic

#21 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:25 AM

Lowest price I can find for that processor is $207. Looks like a sick 95w core... kinda wish I had one :/

Yeah I will not buy a case that doesnt have side mounted hd racks nemore. 10x better for isntallation, upgrades and running wires.

#22 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:29 PM

Heh, shadow added that Intel/Nvidia part because of me.

I have learned my lesson
forgive and forget shadow

P.S, nice system

#23 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:09 AM

4/20 new AMD's hit market :)

sidenote, I just got my fans and the HS, had to dremel the one fan mount on the Yate Loon so it would snap into the v8 heatsink, CM thought they were clever, but fuck them.

#24 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:27 AM

revising the build slightly, going to order a new WD Velociraptor 150gb, if the price goes down by 10-20 more on the 300gb, I'll buy that instead, but I don't think its really needed at the moment (I have 13+ games installed and still have 40gb free).

Thought a good bit about the 4870 vs 4890, its a very tricky choice, the 4890 runs cooler but the price / performance ratio sucks dick, 15% or so performance gain over the 4870 while costing 60 More is a bit lackluster.

the performance is also greater on the newer ones compared to the old gen raptor 150 that I have now, the cash saved will go towards the near highest Phenom II x4 that hits market, if the x4 945 is under 270, I'll buy that.

#25 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:25 PM

ordered some stuff on friday, few more parts today.

Antec P182.
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
WD Velociraptor 300gb
AzenX Blitztorm slot cooler
two more Yate Loon D12SH fans.
SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD drive

Only thing left is the CPU, Mobo, and GPU.

which will probably be the x4 945, ATI 4870 or 4890, and the m4a79t mobo.

#26 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:30 PM

only thing i might advise against is the m4a79t; i like the distribution of the pci-e 2.0 x16 slots better here and been a big fan of the msi bios's in the past compared to asus. just my humble opinion.

not to mention, the msi board has 8sata slots compared to 5, costs less and has ddr3-2000+ capabilities.

evrything else looks tight

pics soon son.

Edited by Sniprwulf, 13 April 2009 - 11:42 PM.

#27 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:48 PM

What the fuck do you mean PCI-E distribution?

does not support DDR3 2000 base, only by overclocking, same with M4A79T Deluxe, and as a sidenote who the fuck would EVER use that many sata HD's on a motherboard connection anyway? I'd rather get a PCI chip for that job as their known to handle raid better.

and another thing, if you didn't notice, but the M4A79T features a better integrated soundcard, (Realtek ALC1200 vs Realtek ALC889), also, Cooper>Aluminum mobo heatsinks.

#28 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:20 AM

the way the slots are set up, more space between the slots if u look for aircooling by 1 slot

i like the ability to run 4 sata hd's and 2 sata dvd drives w/o fckin pci addon. by my count you have 4/5 of ur sata slots full to start out

#29 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:59 AM

Yeah, but thats 2.3TB of storage minus the 1024bit calculations, with enough room for a second 300gb velociraptor for raid0 ownage.

and Lol @ 2 dvd drives, honestly, why even bother, and who the fuck actually uses DVD's anyway? Daemon Tools > you.

#30 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:45 AM

ordered some stuff on friday, few more parts today.

Antec P182.
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
WD Velociraptor 300gb
AzenX Blitztorm slot cooler
two more Yate Loon D12SH fans.
SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD drive

Only thing left is the CPU, Mobo, and GPU.

which will probably be the x4 945, ATI 4870 or 4890, and the m4a79t mobo.

I should have strayed you away from the P182. I hope you like it man because I've had some annoying issues with it. (just bought it a few weeks ago)

my ANTEC 550W PSU wouldn't fit in the power supply cage without removing the pads. Not really too big of a deal but you would still think it would fit fine. Also the wire for the main power plug is too think to wire behind my motherboard because I can't close the right side panel. There's also not very much room between my power supply and the bottom fan so you may have to move it.

I don't have this problem but I know with longer video cards it makes one of the top HD bays useless.

Overall the entire case feels really cramped. It looks beautiful and has great air flow but its been a hassle. I just left my side panel off because I don't really know a good way to route the wires from underneath.

#31 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:03 AM

I\'ve only got three HD\'s (when the 300gb raptor arrives that is), so they\'re going in the bottom, and I will be removing that middle HD tray shit because it will just dim down the airflow a tiny bit, I only bought the case because that was removable, the P182 does wire management very well, also has amazing airflow (with proper fans).

I see what you mean, but Antec make special PSU\'s for that case if I recall, but what do you mean the big power connector going behind the board? it isn\'t supposed to go behind the board, its supposed to go UP from the bottom rack into the PSU but neatly tucked near that drive shit, they have a special little groove just for it, look here at this for example... Posted Image

#32 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:08 AM

I just assumed because of the way it was layed out that it was supposed to go up the back. That really is the only other option is to feed it up from the bottom but I just haven't done it yet. Here's a good picture of it since I can't see yours.

Posted Image

#33 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:13 PM

ok try to look at it now and you will see what I mean.

#34 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:41 PM

honestly either way looks fine. I think I may actually like the way Deathblooms looks more. I don't like to totally hide cabling. I think its sexy having the big power cable, but neatly done.

#35 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:50 PM

there's a reference to your dildo fetish in there somewhere.

but nah, less shit in the way = better airflow.

#36 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:31 PM

I tried for hours to make it work in back like that and just couldn't push it down enough to get the panel on. My cable is too think. That picture I posted is not my PC by the way.

edit: sh*t, I could barely get the panel on without the cable there

Edited by IWantWhiteCastle, 14 April 2009 - 03:33 PM.

#37 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:29 PM

I tried for hours to make it work in back like that and just couldn't push it down enough to get the panel on. My cable is too think. That picture I posted is not my PC by the way.

edit: sh*t, I could barely get the panel on without the cable there

yeah bro, i hate it when my cables are too think. damn clever cables.

Edited by Jack, 14 April 2009 - 06:29 PM.

#38 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:52 AM

one more day til I buy my stuff, should be fun provided I don't get any DoA parts.

I'm thinking 4890, m4a79t mobo and PII x4 945, or 955 depending on if its overpriced or not, fun times.

#39 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:08 AM

Just ordered the X4 955 and a 4890 Sapphire, along with the M4A79T and that little 3.5 bay fan controller (perfect for this case)

fap fap fap niggaz.

#40 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:01 AM

price/performance on the 955 x4 is amazing. Performs on par with the i7-940 and is about half the price. A big step in the right direction for AMD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users