20 replies to this topic

#1 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:29 PM

Any suggestions for servers? we need more active servers that draw in players, also as a sidenote, be more active both on the servers and forums, post god damnit, don't just lurk.

#2 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:46 PM

Any suggestions for servers? we need more active servers that draw in players, also as a sidenote, be more active both on the servers and forums, post god damnit, don't just lurk.

Exactly, you can't flame people and sling witty quips if you just look at the thread. It's a forum, not a picture book you homos.

#3 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:59 PM

Here's the best comeback to that gay insult:

"If you look up stupid in a dictionary there's a picture of you."

Then you say:

"I'm not the one who has to look up stupid... And my dictionary doesn't have pictures, faggot."

Some comedian said it but I don't remember who.

#4 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:08 PM

Here's the best comeback to that gay insult:

"If you look up stupid in a dictionary there's a picture of you."

Then you say:

"I'm not the one who has to look up stupid... And my dictionary doesn't have pictures, faggot."

Some comedian said it but I don't remember who.

I think my IQ just dropped a little.

#5 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:49 PM

3 posts, 0 suggestions.

Nice job, faggot trolls.

#6 Faber

Faber

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:19 PM

Thanks to wondergod... I got my computer running again so i will be on the servers alot more...

#7 (NamEless)

(NamEless)

i Suck pp woob woob!!!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

Start up a server , slap a couple of simple maps on it. and we build from there.

put aim_ag_texture2 on it just to start it off , then we keep buliding.

time it to like 30-45 min per map , (with rtv)

#8 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:45 PM

added texture2 on the deathmatch server.

#9 AssHattery

AssHattery

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:52 PM

Maybe people are sick of cs? what else is out there thats worth playing that could be worth investing a server in?

#10 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:12 PM

Maybe people are sick of cs? what else is out there thats worth playing that could be worth investing a server in?

not sure, but I do kind of agree with you.

#11 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:52 PM

Exactly, you can't flame people and sling witty quips if you just look at the thread. It's a forum, not a picture book you homos.

Way to ruin my day jack, really.

No but...

I would say restart with a few simple maps on gg, like.. shottie, officeworld, aim usp, and aim texture. Then from there just slowly add maps that are actually good. Instead of mass adding maps that are decent or bad.

#12 Komit

Komit

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:03 PM

Personally I'm partial to zombie servers. The only servers that you can count on to have 40+ people on at f*cking 4 am.

Edited by Komit, 17 April 2009 - 11:04 PM.

#13 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:23 PM

Start up a server , slap a couple of simple maps on it. and we build from there.

put aim_ag_texture2 on it just to start it off , then we keep buliding.

time it to like 30-45 min per map , (with rtv)

I agree, I would like to see hangumhigh only decent halo map ever created.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/7675

#14 WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

Recreational Chemist

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:19 AM

COD 4 server would be great. Maybe more bomb maps like Aztec? I would be a fan.

Edited by WhiteRabbit, 18 April 2009 - 02:20 AM.

#15 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:18 AM

I saw that we had a TF2 server a short while back. Not sure if its still up, but I don't think a single person ever joined it. The problem is that it was a 24/7 2fort. While 2fort is fun, playing it 24/7 would just get old, and there are plenty of other 24/7 2fort servers anyway. The best way to populate a TF2 server is to either make it an all stock maps rotation, with like 30 minutes/3-5 rounds win limit. That or an Arena (all stock map rotation) server with a votemap feature. I currently play on the Lotus servers (Stock map rotation and Arena) and I think they have it set up really well with the voting and round limits.

Although in my opinion the round limit could be a bit longer and the respawn times shorter. Maybe make the respawn times like 5-7 seconds.

#16 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:15 PM

I vote against a TF2 server (because I don't play TF2)

I do have a few recommendations for CS:S servers though:

1. 16 man: 24/7 texture2 server with 1 awp/team and no flash/auto sniper. if you can get the server started it will stay full fairly easily

2. 16 man: Surf RPGmod/Deathmatch server. People love RPGmod surf servers, and deathmatch keeps action up and keeps people interested. Once people start playing on a good RPGmod server, they will keep coming back to get more levels and better upgrades. Surf/RPGmod/deathmatch will be a good way to keep a steady population in the server.

3. 24 man: Deathrun with RTV, votemute, votekick/ban, etc. Deathrun servers can get full fast and be populated almost 24/7. Myself and a few other BoSS members have been spending a lot of time in the *TeG* clan deathrun server and one of our own would be a good addition.

#17 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:19 PM

I vote against a TF2 server (because I don't play TF2)

I do have a few recommendations for CS:S servers though:

1. 16 man: 24/7 texture2 server with 1 awp/team and no flash/auto sniper. if you can get the server started it will stay full fairly easily

2. 16 man: Surf RPGmod/Deathmatch server. People love RPGmod surf servers, and deathmatch keeps action up and keeps people interested. Once people start playing on a good RPGmod server, they will keep coming back to get more levels and better upgrades. Surf/RPGmod/deathmatch will be a good way to keep a steady population in the server.

3. 24 man: Deathrun with RTV, votemute, votekick/ban, etc. Deathrun servers can get full fast and be populated almost 24/7. Myself and a few other BoSS members have been spending a lot of time in the *TeG* clan deathrun server and one of our own would be a good addition.

While I agree with what you said for 2 and 3 I think the downside is to that, is faggotry. In the end all you get is 12 year old kids coming on and deafening everyone. (Yea I know I used to have a high ass voice, faggots) But anyway, yea that's the problem I think is those kind of servers (zombie, breakfloor, bhop, surf and deathrun) seem to attract a lot of little kids that really don't do anything for the servers except attract more from their never ending friends lists.

#18 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:34 PM

While I agree with what you said for 2 and 3 I think the downside is to that, is faggotry. In the end all you get is 12 year old kids coming on and deafening everyone. (Yea I know I used to have a high ass voice, faggots) But anyway, yea that's the problem I think is those kind of servers (zombie, breakfloor, bhop, surf and deathrun) seem to attract a lot of little kids that really don't do anything for the servers except attract more from their never ending friends lists.

Yeah, that is exactly what happens on those types of servers, but they do keep populated easily.

#19 yurec

yurec

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:17 AM

I say a lot of people going through school finals right now, and probably don�t have a lot of time to play. There been a lot of changes done to servers already. Maybe give it a month and see what happens. I think summer time will bring people in.

#20 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:59 PM

I say a lot of people going through school finals right now, and probably don�t have a lot of time to play. There been a lot of changes done to servers already. Maybe give it a month and see what happens. I think summer time will bring people in.

Yea I agree with Yuri. Just because we're going through a lull in community activity and server population doesn't mean that we can change everything by adding maps ect. It's not just these servers, my friends list is just filled with people playing other games or sitting online. It's spring, people are probably tired of being holed up for the winter. Summer will bring a boom.

Edited by Killian, 20 April 2009 - 01:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users