4 replies to this topic

#1 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:44 PM

GPU -based video encoding is a fairly new, revolutionary technology that can easily third or quarter the time that it takes to encode videos. There are currently only two programs that can effectively use the GPU to encode video. TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress Video Encoder and Badaboom.

Using Badaboom and my 8800 GT to convert a 700 mB .avi into an mpeg-4 took about 18 minutes, and resulted in a 1.6 gB file.
Badaboom does have some problems with video quality and resizing, but it works perfectly for my iPod Touch.

I have yet to use TMPGEnc but it is supposed to have better quality.

Badaboom
TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress

Edit:
I attempted to use TMPGEnc, it is VERY slow.
I'm sticking with Badaboom, you get 30 free uses with a small watermark in the corner. But i ...got the full version of Badaboom
Encoded a 1 hour and 40 min movie in 17 mins and 30 seconds on an 8800 GT

Edited by EoE.Stubs, 20 April 2009 - 06:15 PM.

#2 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:16 PM

You know Adobe Premiere uses GPU-Based acceleration right?

#3 Stubs

Stubs

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:17 PM

Yes, but Adobe Premiere is not solely a video encoder.
Every Adobe CS4 program uses GPU-Acceleration

#4 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:37 AM

I only skimmed through this yesterday, but having re-read what you wrote, I think you should smack yourself in the face.

so, a *usual* 1cd xvid dvd-rip is 700mb, an ipod touch = smaller screen, and yet, you somehow managed to double the file size, sir, I think you need to learn to compress, because that bitrate = lol fail.

#5 Stubs

Stubs

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:12 PM

so, a *usual* 1cd xvid dvd-rip is 700mb, an ipod touch = smaller screen, and yet, you somehow managed to double the file size, sir, I think you need to learn to compress, because that bitrate = lol fail.

I used the default bitrate in Badaboom (1500kbit) Badaboom has some pretty sh*tty compression, but i never have more than one or two movies on my iTouch at the same time, so the size is not really an issue. I just keep the original DVD rip and delete the .mp4 version when i don't need it anymore.

Edited by EoE.Stubs, 22 April 2009 - 05:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users