22 replies to this topic

#1 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:36 AM

I understand that the servers seem to be dead but I chalk that up to lack of initiative, honestly I'm asking all of you to just get on the servers and invite some friends, it won't kill you to take 5 minutes out of your day and get the server going, invite some people from your friends list if you have to, but just get it done.

prior to the move we had 5-10 people join early in the morning and it would be full til like 5AM, Lets get that trend started again.

#2 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:30 AM

A agree, people seem to visit other servers or just go to gungame rather than taking the time to get Office started. I will make more of an effort myself to keep Office populated

#3 Waffles

Waffles

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:02 AM

I wont lie, I usually hop on a deathrun server or gungame when im asked before I even look at the office server. The problem with office is the same as it always was though, a lot of problems with camping and stupid bullsh*t like that.

the other day i was on the office server with main and t-wayne, and the ct team was sitting outside of front office and backyard for a good portion of the game when the t's were rushing, its kinda reversed, it slows the pace of the server, and its aggravating to see people camping to work on their rank on the servers - especially when its only 3-3 or 4-4.

#4 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:24 AM

Rank? f*ck rank.

It's even harder for me to get the server started. When I wake up I have barely anybody on my friends list online.

#5 JMan3rd

JMan3rd

Lurker

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:08 PM

I wont lie, I usually hop on a deathrun server or gungame when im asked before I even look at the office server. The problem with office is the same as it always was though, a lot of problems with camping and stupid bullsh*t like that.

the other day i was on the office server with main and t-wayne, and the ct team was sitting outside of front office and backyard for a good portion of the game when the t's were rushing, its kinda reversed, it slows the pace of the server, and its aggravating to see people camping to work on their rank on the servers - especially when its only 3-3 or 4-4.

I would have to agree. Office will always have the problem of team stacking and camping. Plus, I think office has just been over played. Has anyone suggested to replace 24/7 office with a different map to spice things up? I'm sure that would bring more people to the server, or at least more activity.

#6 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:39 PM

I try once and awhile to get it up but it pisses me the f*ck off. 4v4. One leaves, one joins, one leaves one joins for 2 hours straight. It makes me want to take a machete to my face.

#7 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:04 PM

I try once and awhile to get it up but it pisses me the f*ck off. 4v4. One leaves, one joins, one leaves one joins for 2 hours straight. It makes me want to take a machete to my face.

That's why you have to invite people off of your Friends List. If you get at least six in there, it will fill up in no time.

#8 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:06 PM

That's why you have to invite people off of your Friends List. If you get at least six in there, it will fill up in no time.

Thanks for reminding me that I have no friends, jesus.

#9 Faber

Faber

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:49 PM

zeke and I were in there and it was 5 v 5 this afternoon and people were coming as soon as a left do to work!!!

#10 Waffles

Waffles

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:54 PM

alot of the maps are over played ... i mean christ, if it came down to it, id rather play dust2 just to get off office, at least there ct's cant camp in a tree.

#11 Snookers

Snookers

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

alot of the maps are over played ... i mean christ, if it came down to it, id rather play dust2 just to get off office, at least there ct's cant camp in a tree.

id rather play dust2 all day rather than office...

#12 WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

Recreational Chemist

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:47 PM

We could add dust 2 or Aztec to the rotation on server 1 for variety. I know I would play more then.

#13 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:51 PM

I hardly see how that's the point, we currently have 4 servers setup, and yet somehow you faggots find an excuse to not play.

#14 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:58 AM

I hardly see how that's the point, we currently have 4 servers setup, and yet somehow you faggots find an excuse to not play.

I try to play in the variety of servers as much as I can. Main problem with me is playing GG with Yuri/Yuri's Russian Friends 4 v 4 is much more fun than 4 v 4 office. I just can't stand small population office maps. I'll try to get on it more.

#15 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:21 AM

They camp bombsites...

#16 Waffles

Waffles

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:03 AM

but thats the point of the game on dust2 main. on office, you rarely see CT's doing their jobs going to get hostages. On office, especially with small population, camping is going to be a major turn off for most people there, which is why you get one person joining, then leaving, then another joining, then leaving, etc.

Ill play office as much as I can, and invite people there, but we need to keep the pace of the server going.

#17 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:59 AM

I definately agree with you on keeping up a good pace, slapping/etc should be in order for regulars who camp.

#18 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:53 AM

I definately agree with you on keeping up a good pace, slapping/etc should be in order for regulars who camp.

Okay I'll pimp slap anyone who camps and knows they shouldn't be a faggot on ct to decrease the annoyance of campin..

#19 Julius

Julius

Lurker

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:24 AM

Ive noticed most of the regular boss members have been on zombie mod. I really cant be asked to go into office with 0 people when everyone is playing zombie. I could be fapping.

#20 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:23 PM

Ive noticed most of the regular boss members have been on zombie mod. I really cant be asked to go into office with 0 people when everyone is playing zombie. I could be fapping.

Can't we all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users