26 replies to this topic

#1 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:58 PM

So I'm thinking like a lot of you CSS seems a lot more boring, I think office is stale and just the same campfest day after day, its past its prime and I think for the most part a good majority of you are in the same boat.

So I'm kinda thinking about hosting some other stuff on the side as well, mainly CoD4, now I know a lot of you don't have it but, if cdkeys and all that weren't an issue, would you play?

aside from that, any other games that are currently out that you would like to see hosted, minus BF2/2142 and ETQW?

#2 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:27 PM

CoD4 is good, I would stay away from BF2/2142. I loved BF2 but Ea/Dice have f*cked that game all to hell in recent years.

#3 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

Does anyone even play ETQW? I see it for like $5 all the time and want to get it, but im not sure if anyone even plays it.

CoD4 would be good, I play that.

#4 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:25 PM

I would play CoD4 with this in mind..
- Hardcore
- SnD
- No Marty, Last Stand
- Standard Map Rotation

#5 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:52 PM

- Hardcore
- SnD
- No Marty, Last Stand
- Standard Map Rotation

Yeah, of course would have to be hardcore. No Last Stand and Marty is good, also maybe no tubes. But it would be better to have the server as a mixed modes one, not just SnD. Maybe each map switch it switches to a random mode.

#6 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:25 PM

Yeah, of course would have to be hardcore. No Last Stand and Marty is good, also maybe no tubes. But it would be better to have the server as a mixed modes one, not just SnD. Maybe each map switch it switches to a random mode.

Yea I like differen't modes it's just how I played CoD4, and that's the mode I'm the most familiar with. Also I like the feeling of when you kill someone, they stay dead like css.

#7 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:33 AM

- Hardcore
- SnD
- No Marty, Last Stand
- Standard Map Rotation

Hardcore and SnD would be fine if the objective was to have an empty server, shit sucks.

#8 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:08 AM

What is the difference?

#9 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:07 AM

I liked CoD4 for xbox 360, but i probably wouldn't play it on PC. I only ever played Team Deathmatch, i never really got into SnD and the other gametypes like that.

Other than CoD4 i can't really think of another game that you could host a server for...

#10 Black_Lotus

Black_Lotus

Hermit

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:18 PM

If cd keys and purchasing the game weren't an issue I'd definitely be on that server in a heartbeat. CoD 4 is an excellent game (PC FPS ftw :tup: ) Also, I cannot think of any other games worthy of playing currently :>.<:

#11 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:00 PM

only downside to a cracked server would be no punkbuster, but honestly anti-cheat in CoD4 is a laugh without admins on a server anyway so it really comes down to just that.

#12 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:09 PM

only downside to a cracked server would be no punkbuster, but honestly anti-cheat in CoD4 is a laugh without admins on a server anyway so it really comes down to just that.

Yea punkbuster is pretty much useless, it also gives a lot of people weird ass kicks from my experience.

#13 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:27 PM

COD4 will get boring quick, the maps are old and everyone will just nade spam but its fast paced like gun game.

#14 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:18 PM

Yea punkbuster is pretty much useless, it also gives a lot of people weird ass kicks from my experience.

There were so many patches for PB for BF2, and none of them fixed anything.

It doesn't matter if PB is on or not, people with paid hacks will play on servers that have Punkbuster (which is why they pay to bypass it), and Admins can pick off the rest of the hackers pretty easily.

#15 WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

Recreational Chemist

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:11 PM

Yeah I would play CoD4.

#16 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

There were so many patches for PB for BF2, and none of them fixed anything.

It doesn't matter if PB is on or not, people with paid hacks will play on servers that have Punkbuster (which is why they pay to bypass it), and Admins can pick off the rest of the hackers pretty easily.

Yea, it would always kick me and be like, "Your penis is to small" or some bs like that, haha.

#17 EVIL Shenanigans

EVIL Shenanigans

Basement Caucasian

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:31 AM

Yea, it would always kick me and be like, "Your penis is to small" or some bs like that, haha.

Huh...almost like it knows, eh?

Meh...if you (the user) keep punkbuster updated, it really isnt a prob....and it would keep a popular server a lot cleaner (less responsibility on the admins). Certainly can't compare it to VAC with CS:S - though i'll admit it's soon becoming just as useless.

As for the creation of a CoD4 server, yeah i'd play on it. Though it is a bit old...certainly more life in it than CS:S, but just sayin...might be better to adopt a newer game...though as to what that could be, i have no idea. And would that lack of other options for games be the only reason that you are currently considering CoD4, Shadow?

#18 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:41 AM

not really considered it a whole lot, me personally... I don't give a fuck about 90% of the games out there currently, I just want Operation Flashpoint 2.

#19 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:47 AM

I just want Operation Flashpoint 2.

f*cking word.

#20 Hinez

Hinez

Lurker

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:52 PM

Yeah, I'd be down for CoD4, how much is going for these days?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users