2 replies to this topic

#1 vet.mad hatter

vet.mad hatter

the real hatter

• Server Admin+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:19 PM

I built this march or so.. needs a better graphics card but i'm still waiting it out.This was the best i could come up for the money i had but the 150 video card came with cod4-5 and vantage!!The specs are ..............

msi x58 platium
3 gigs of ocz ddr3 1600
[email protected](26c idle everyday) 4.2benchmarking
ocz 700watt modular psu
2 sata 2 drives(next upgrade few months ssd drives)
thermatake v9 black edition
basic sata dvd drive
9800gtx+

The best ive got in 3dmark 06 is 17k but score is sh*t in vantage like 5k maybe some time ill go crossfire or sli with some newer tech in a year or so.All in all this thing rapes software encoding programs.. and game's great.I have plenty of games but mostly play source so this works warhammer lags a little but still looks great so whatever.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Attached File  gg.jpg   397.27KB   15 downloads

Attached File  33.jpg   571.25KB   11 downloads

Edited by DarkShadow, 16 May 2009 - 11:41 PM.

#2 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

dude instead of ssd, go for sas man. you can buy 2 of these stripe them and will get some extremely ridiculous performance and still spend less than a comparable size ssd. not to mention scsi are usually MTFB for over 100 years f*ckin nuts.

#3 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:34 PM

dude instead of ssd, go for sas man. you can buy 2 of these stripe them and will get some extremely ridiculous performance and still spend less than a comparable size ssd. not to mention scsi are usually MTFB for over 100 years f*ckin nuts.

100% agree. SSDs aren't there yet to be worth the price. The performance over High Speed drives in raid just isn't there. If anything though, get that $3000 PCI-E SSD card. 1GB read and write

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users