#1 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:51 AM

This is fucking hilarious.

MAKER OF expensive electronic toys, Apple has apparently designed them in such a way that they can deliver a bolt of static electricity to any fanboy dumb enough to buy them.

Apple has admitted on a support page that it's possible to receive a small, sharp electrical shock from its earbuds while listening to an Ipod or Iphone.

Apparently in areas where the air is very dry, it is easy for static electricity to build up and that makes it possible to receive a small electrostatic discharge from the headphones.

However Apple claims that receiving a static shock from a pair of earbuds does not necessarily indicate any problem with the Ipod, Iphone or the earbuds.

Nope, it really all has to do with users who drag their feet on carpets and for some reason the static buildup discharges through the earbuds. Why the earbuds would not be engineered to prevent this from happening we do not know.

Apple points out that this condition is not limited to just its own hardware and that static can build up on almost any hardware and might be discharged using any brand of earbuds.

It didn't mention options like third party headphones, wireless or otherwise, or not wearing polo necked sweaters. �

#2 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:11 AM

It's not our fault, it's just a randomly repeating issue due to the user's repeated use of our product.

Edited by Halcomb, 20 May 2009 - 10:13 AM.

#3 Komit

Komit

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:15 PM

Hahaha awesome.

Skullcandy ftw :evil:

#4 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:09 PM

Hah I have heard of this happening. Hilarious.

I cant believe the bullsh*t Apple pulled with the new Shuffle design too, Im glad I still have my 2nd gen shuffle. Love the damn thing.

Skullcandy make some f*cking awful headphones BTW.

Dave

#5 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:26 PM

Skullcandy make some f*cking awful headphones BTW.

+1 not to mention I can't see the name skull candy apealing to many straight men.

#6 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:54 PM

+1 not to mention I can't see the name skull candy apealing to many straight men.

Naw but it appeals to 15 year old goth kids.

#7 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:16 PM

i think its funny that people use those earbuds anyway...they hurt your ear so bad. srsly painful BEFORE the shocks! lol

#8 Tidbit

Tidbit

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:17 PM

I've gotten shocked by the earbuds before; I was just laying on a bed in a hotel room and it shocked my ear.

Didn't really hurt, more of just scared me, but f*ck that.

#9 Dodg3r

Dodg3r

Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:04 AM

Yeah, its happened to me too. When it did i was walking around campus, on concret. Scared the sh*t outta me, ripped those suckers right outa my ears.

#10 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:54 AM

never happened to me...you guys just have big heads.

#11 Black_Lotus

Black_Lotus

Hermit

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:38 PM

My Ipod's headphones have gone through the washing machine, and have still yet to shock me lol. That would definitely catch me off guard if that happened though haha. :>.<:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users