25 replies to this topic

#1 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:41 PM

I spec'd this one out for my roommate. All the parts came in today so hopefully I don't have to put it together when I get home from work. I think everything below was like 1988.00 with 120.00 in mail in rebates. Not bad for all the hardware imo. Thanks to Rob and Gil for their input.

COOLER MASTER HAF 932
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe
ASUS Radeon HD 4890 1GB GDDR5 (two)
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3
Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB
SAMSUNG 22X DVD�R DVD Burner
ASUS Triton 78 120mm EBR CPU Cooler
CyberPower CP1350AVRLCD 1350 VA 810 Watts UPS

I'll throw up some pics later.

PS If anyone plans to say some sh*t like "wow you basically used shadows build and went with the exact cards wonder just got"
A. f*ck you
B. I've always used ASUS parts when I could
C. I'd rather get first hand info about hardware from people I talk to practically every day rather then going by online reviewers who are probably getting paid from the company in cash or free sh*t to say nice stuff about their product.

#2 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:42 PM

Nice man.

#3 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:24 PM

f*ck man, nice build.

#4 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:12 AM

my cards are sexy. don't let them hate.

The Haf is pretty hot I think I may use it for my second pc after I move.

#5 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:14 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 EVIL Shenanigans

EVIL Shenanigans

Basement Caucasian

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:20 AM

Posted Image

Jacks pedo smile has finally been spotted...

Nice build though, man. Personally would have gone with the Antec 850 PSU...but then again its 50 bucks more for something that you dont really need, so w/e.

#7 Black_Lotus

Black_Lotus

Hermit

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:25 AM

Looks good brother :tup:

P.S. - That case is going to break through the floor or kill someone.. lol

(Nah, it's nice though, plenty of space to upgrade components [Not that you'll need to any time soon...])

#8 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:57 PM

Just curious.. but how come the psu is on the bottom of the case? In my experiance I find when its on top it doesnt effect the rest of the case with the heat coming off of it... On top of being on the bottom its right under the grahpics cards, does that effect your temps any?

#9 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:04 PM

Just curious.. but how come the psu is on the bottom of the case? In my experiance I find when its on top it doesnt effect the rest of the case with the heat coming off of it... On top of being on the bottom its right under the grahpics cards, does that effect your temps any?

The psu is vented through the bottom of the case. Being on the bottom also made it a lot easier to manage all the wires.

#10 yurec

yurec

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:36 PM

Nice.

#11 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:29 AM

Jacks pedo smile has finally been spotted...

Nice build though, man. Personally would have gone with the Antec 850 PSU

PCI-E Connectors 2 x 6Pin, 2 x 8Pin really? kinda need 4 x 6pin for the cards i put in.

#12 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:35 PM

i hope you be playin gms @1920x1200 ;)

lemme kno if ur elec. bill goes up next month lol

sweet build tho, i like it alot. i'll prolly go for somethin similar when they come out with the 5000 series and these babies jump lower.

#13 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:16 PM

i hope you be playin gms @1920x1200 ;)

lemme kno if ur elec. bill goes up next month lol

sweet build tho, i like it alot. i'll prolly go for somethin similar when they come out with the 5000 series and these babies jump lower.

- He is

- Utilities are included in the rent. Probably a bad move on managements part seeing as we run two pc's with 3 monitors most of the day and keep the AC @ 65.

- Thanks dude

Edit: BTW didn't you just do a new build with a 4870? If you upgrade cards let me know what you want for the 4870 and specs, brand, condition, etc.

Edited by Jack, 17 June 2009 - 06:28 PM.

#14 EVIL Shenanigans

EVIL Shenanigans

Basement Caucasian

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:31 PM

PCI-E Connectors 2 x 6Pin, 2 x 8Pin really? kinda need 4 x 6pin for the cards i put in.

Simply false advertising...

Posted Image

Pictured is my damn sexy hand holding one of the two 6-pins and one of the three 8-pins from the Antec 850W PSU...which i own. If you notice, the 8-pins really should be advertised as 6+2-pins as they have two detachables. Also, the reasoning behind my suggestion is that the antec PSU has 4 +12V rails...as aposed to the corsairs single; for those who lack understanding, basically it would help ease the stress of a single supply - trying to power two amazing and power hungry cards along with the rest of the system (harddrives, opticals, etc.) - with what is in a sense, 4 seperate supplies of power. But, hey, if the majority of BoSS doesn't think power management in this sense could effect their systems, who am i to argue.

Also, not particularly meaning to endlessly rave about this 850, but it has connectible power sockets...meaning that you can use only the cords that you need and the majority of the rest you can store away in a separate box instead of having them crammed in various random compartments of your tower. It also adds to the customization capabilities of the system itself...but unfortunatley 3-way SLI/Crossfire would not be one of those possibilities...

One unique pro of the corsair that intrigued me, though, would be the 140mm fan...in all honesty, it hardly seems to matter but im still somewhat impressed by this - not many PSU's, even my 850, has that...just the basic 80mm.

Edited by EVIL Shenanigans, 17 June 2009 - 10:50 PM.

#15 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:37 PM

Posted Image

Pictured is my damn sexy hand holding one of the two 6-pins and one of the three 8-pins from the Antec 850W PSU...which i own. If you notice, the 8-pins really should be advertised as 6+2-pins as they have two detachables. Also, the reasoning behind my suggestion is that the antec PSU has 4 +12V rails...as aposed to the corsairs single; for those who lack understanding, basically it would help ease the stress of a single supply - trying to power two amazing and power hungry cards along with the rest of the system (harddrives, opticals, etc.) - with what is in a sense, 4 seperate supplies of power. But, hey, if the majority of BoSS doesn't think power management in this sense could effect their systems, who am i to argue.

Also, not particularly meaning to endlessly rave about this 850, but it has connectible power sockets...meaning that you can use only the cords that you need and the majority of the rest you can store away in a separate box instead of having them crammed in various random compartments of your tower. It also adds to the customization capabilities of the system itself...but unfortunatley 3-way SLI/Crossfire would not be one of those possibilities...

One unique pro of the corsair that intrigued me, though, would be the 140mm fan...in all honesty, it hardly seems to matter but im still somewhat impressed by this - not many PSU's, even my 850, has that...just the basic 80mm.

Posted Image

#16 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:54 AM

Jesus, use a bowl to eat your spaghetti next time.

#17 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

Edit: BTW didn't you just do a new build with a 4870? If you upgrade cards let me know what you want for the 4870 and specs, brand, condition, etc.

yeah. sh*ts tight; i mean defly no complaints. ill let you know if i plan on upgradin in the near future which i might be. its an HIS 4870 currently outta stock b/c its a pretty cheap/reliable 4870 out there. been solid since i got it.

i have a history for not selling my sh*t but ill be sure to let u know if i do brudda and i'll give u a good deal if i do :cool:

#18 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:18 AM

Posted Image

It would have been awesome if you had everything tucked away nice and neat and then just f*cked it all up to pull a wire to prove your point.

yeah. sh*ts tight; i mean defly no complaints. ill let you know if i plan on upgradin in the near future which i might be. its an HIS 4870 currently outta stock b/c its a pretty cheap/reliable 4870 out there. been solid since i got it.

i have a history for not selling my sh*t but ill be sure to let u know if i do brudda and i'll give u a good deal if i do :cool:

cool, let me know

#19 EVIL Shenanigans

EVIL Shenanigans

Basement Caucasian

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:24 AM

It would have been awesome if you had everything tucked away nice and neat and then just f*cked it all up to pull a wire to prove your point.

Havn't really had the chance, to be honest. New tower and i wanted to test its strictly air-cooling capabilities before giving too much of a sh*t. Recently though, ive started to have some problems with the system...ironically, possibly due to the PSU but i can't be sure; been swapping some power cables to test...so sorry, jack, but no - i dont give that much of a sh*t about you.

#20 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:44 AM

lol, sounds like somebody is angry at the internets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users