41 replies to this topic

#1 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 12:00 AM

We're doing good for getting new server IP's and stuff, its definitely gaining more regulars on a daily basis, but what other things should we consider attempting to add or fix on the servers, this applies to ALL the servers so just put all suggestions in this thread.

I'm thinking more maps for gungame and so on, things like that need some work but just post it up and we'll see.

I've been working on an Invision 3 skin so the forums and all that should be nicer, but still.

#2 eRoC

eRoC

BoSS VIP

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:32 AM

I like the direction things are going, keep up the good work!

As some of you may know the hatters and myself had a server of our own a few years back called hatters HQ. All I can tell you is that, if you have never run a server of your own, you have no idea how much effort it takes. To manage one measly server, and forums with only a few members, took more time than I had. With 5 servers, and forums with thousands of members, its a full time job.

I dont get to play CS as much as I would like, but when I do get to play its always on Boss servers, so its important to me that people are playing and having fun. Just understand how much work goes on behind the scenes, because I think some of you take it for granted.

for whatever reason gungame is my favorite server, in a previous post i mentioned all guns (currently awps/autos are removed) and maybe try a reverse gungame. (see if people like it.) The maps we have now are awesome, im not a huge fan of the texture maps sometimes they make me want to have seizures (jk), im more a fan of traditional textures thats just me. Im not saying we should, but maybe friendly- fire on gungame? (one night a week) Team killing is an art form.

Edited by eRoC, 15 August 2009 - 09:39 AM.

#3 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:00 PM

change the name of the servers to instead of boss-gamers to something like 24/7 office-n00bsOnly/BoSS-gamers.com

The word n00b makes people come in and 24/7 would be more to the top of the server list...

#4 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:32 PM

Going along with Raccoon's idea, put more spaces in front of the name than any other server, so we're on top of the list?

I suggested these addons for Office a while ago, they might be interesting to have.

Victim Stats: Shows damage dealt, damage received, killer health remaining, hitbox info, etc.
http://addons.events...ew/Victim_Stats

Assisted Kills: Shows player assists, stop complaining about kills being stolen.
http://addons.events...w/assistedkills

Edit: More stuff, because i'm an overachiever :tup:

!servers

Hurt Mod

Hostage Run

http://addons.events...iew/iptocountry

Rate Map

cC Team Balancer

Source Radio

AntiCamp

Double VIP Mod?

Dominating!

*phew* that should be enough

Edited by EoE.Stubs, 15 August 2009 - 01:56 PM.

#5 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:21 PM

I believe gungame has a lot of maps that no one likes, so someone knowledgeable should prolly post some that should be done away with. Also, I've noticed a lot of times admins seem to think that if a player doesn't play the way they want, they can slay out of hand. If players don't want to knife or something else but aren't breaking the rules, it's kinda lame to try and force them to. I've seen plenty of people leave from overuse of admin abilities.

#6 AssHattery

AssHattery

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:50 PM

i liked the option to be able to buy an m4 on ct ect i know the other mod was breaking the server but maybe theres another?. and on scouts n knives the low gravity is fail imo.

#7 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:38 PM

Scoutzknives is always lowgravity, its part of the game type.

#8 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:51 AM

Add the votekick thing

#9 Chilly

Chilly

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:59 AM

^ +1

Flashes are questionable though...

#10 Duck Secks

Duck Secks

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:43 PM

I would really like awps 1 per team...Thus this idea will be shot down shorty do to the Awp haters in BoSS.

#11 Chilly

Chilly

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:26 PM

Adding 1 AWP per team sounds good, only 1 AWP per team though =)

#12 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:48 AM

No awps and flashbangs are what originally made this server for me. Now that flashes are in, I'm used to it and I'd find it stupid to play on our server with out them. The AWP is still a big, "f*ck no, kthnx."

I will say that sometimes I play on another GG server when our office/gg servers are dead or there's only 3-4 people and no one else if joining/maps I hate being rerotated. They have an awesome map list and are almost always full because of it. I say add simpsonstreet, churches final, twotowers, blue or yellow arena, and a few updated versions of our current maps. There's a few we have in our rotation that have much better versions out there. There are also maps that certain people here would probably hate but are the quickest and usually the fullest maps.

I just dislike playing our GG server sometimes because it becomes a 3-4 map marathon if you play it for more than an hour.

Edited by Halcomb, 17 August 2009 - 01:01 AM.

#13 Faber

Faber

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:18 AM

Yea i did not like flashes at first, but i did get use to them so i do not mind them at all anymore, on the other hand i do not think 1 awp per team is a good idea

#14 Chilly

Chilly

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:28 PM

1 AWP and possibly 1 Auto Sniper per team? xD

#15 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:58 PM

1 AWP and possibly 1 Auto Sniper per team? xD

Allowing all weapons would make it even more interesting.

#16 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:53 PM

Needs more cowbell, that is all

#17 mr.lively

mr.lively

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:11 PM

^ +1
i would also like to second the !servers command. it is an easy way to get from one server to the next without having to copy ip addresses. great for people new to the community that havent favorited every server yet.

#18 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:01 AM

I really don't like votekick, there is always someone who will abuse it, and its not like finding an admin is difficult, granted we could use a few more, but that always seems to be the case.

@Chilly: awps just slow the server down to a crawl because everybody is afraid to run out.

@Halcomb: try and get a proper maplist with links and I'll add them.

#19 Chilly

Chilly

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:19 AM

^ Good point on the "Slowing down the server" part, I didn't really give it much time to think about that lol. And for the Auto Snipers, I can already see a CT camping down near office is while T's are rushing... Hmm...

#20 Faber

Faber

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:46 PM

i do like the idea of changing the name of the server...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users