5 replies to this topic

#1 SoulWind

SoulWind

Combine Elite

• Server Admin+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:53 PM

Check this out, HardOCP did a video review of Eyefinity. Crysis/HL2 looks tight on 3 monitors!

At least check out the first 2 minutes of the video to see a preview.

ME WANT

http://www.hardocp.c...chnology_review

#2 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:16 PM

god that's sexy watching a 5870 run a resolution that big and not break a sweat.

#3 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:30 PM

Awesome. CS:S looked so funky

#4 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:41 PM

the cards are insanely cheap on newegg.

#5 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:55 PM

Until they come out with reasonably priced ultra thin bezel monitors I have no inclination of going into this technology. I have seen this first hand and am not fond of the gap between monitors, very distracting to me, but your mileage may vary.

#6 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

Well I received my 5870 and 2 more asus 22" monitors in the mail earlier today. After fiddling with a few things, I will retract my previous statement and say that eyefinity kicks ass, with afew issues. If you watched the hardocp review he pointed out a few obvious flaws. Biggest one is in counter-strike/halflife, with your health and ammo are on the far screens. So sometimes I need to look to check but thats a minor issue.

Biggest one that I have encountered is also shown, where objects dont span correctly resulting in two faces or trees that dont match up. This only comes apparent when you are sitting still, but when you are in a big group of action you dont notice it at all.

Can't wait till I can crossfire two of the 5870's for better performance because the single 5870 struggles a bit at the high resolution with everything cranked pretty high.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users