7 replies to this topic

#1 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:23 AM

So, I've heard a lot of positive and negative buzz about a new "horror" movie called Paranormal Activity.

I've heard people say that it is the scariest sh*t they've ever seen, and other says it was fail... Anyone here seen it?

Edited by MainEvent, 18 October 2009 - 12:24 AM.

#2 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:05 AM

the guys who say *fail* are similar to me and hate to see the horror genre turned into such a fucking mockery, plain and simple.

these handcam type flicks are made because they couldn't be bothered to create an environment that really pulls you in and draws the usual suspense from a good horror flick, or simply because the plot is so bad, its the only way it can be done for them, and they release it and start the hype machine.

its the same thing with that one movie with the giant thing in new york city that I can't remember the name of, it was terrible yet so many said it was good, and now they keep trying to do the same thing over and over, shit sucks.

#3 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:35 AM

I just saw it and i'm not a big horror fan and i don't generally get drawn into these type of movies but I could see people who do get into them getting drawn in. I don't think the handcam gimmick will last too much longer, but this is probably one of the best of those that i've seen. It's not great but it's got some genuine scares and some "how did they do that on a 12,000 dollar budget" moments. If you go to horror movies looking for some kind of satisfying story you don't like many of them; but if you just want a couple of thrills, this movie isn't bad.

#4 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:02 AM

if the "hook" for your movie is the way it was filmed then the movie is going to be crap, blair witch pissed me off so much i told myself i'd never waste the money on shiit like that again.

#5 KiMBo

KiMBo

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:17 AM

the guys who say *fail* are similar to me and hate to see the horror genre turned into such a f*cking mockery, plain and simple.

these handcam type flicks are made because they couldn't be bothered to create an environment that really pulls you in and draws the usual suspense from a good horror flick, or simply because the plot is so bad, its the only way it can be done for them, and they release it and start the hype machine.

its the same thing with that one movie with the giant thing in new york city that I can't remember the name of, it was terrible yet so many said it was good, and now they keep trying to do the same thing over and over, sh*t sucks.

I agree with you. The movie is Cloverfield, had to be the worst movie i have seen since Epic Movie. Lately no movie has had a good plot and therefore, just like Cloverfield, they turn to the documentary style movie which ends up just building hype for the movie and then end up sucking monkey dick. Just like Quarantine. Though Quarantine was a little better than Cloverfield they both sucked.

#6 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:23 PM

^ I'd say Zombieland was awesome and is a movie that came out lately lol

but ya, I'm not sure, I might go see this if friends wanna but I really hate handcam bullsh*t

#7 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:45 PM

I suppose its okay for a low budget movie ($15000) but the fact that it is a mockumentary makes it crap.

#8 Ahkmed

Ahkmed

DICK RAMM

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:06 AM

I just finished watching this and it was f*cking lame as hell, not even worth the DL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users