2 replies to this topic

#1 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:16 AM

I'm pretty sure I'm not the first one to notice this but Firefox has taken some good security measures over the last few years with constant updates and whatnot but clearly that isn't enough and I'm guessing within the last 3-4 updates they included code to block unsecure addons that even Windows adds to your OS.

You can see a list here, the one I found hilarious was...
Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant and Windows Presentation Foundation, all versions, for all applications. Reason: remote code execution vulnerability (see bug 522777).

obviously we all know Microsuck the most unsecure code, but its refreshing to see companies taking initiative for once, now if such blocklist's would be default for phishing and spyware sites...

#2 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:06 AM

some pg2 blocklists have some for spyware sites and sh*t. would be nice to have some lists or the ability to have lists integrated into a browser.

#3 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:48 AM

Didn't they determine later that it wasn't cause of Microsoft's plug-in that there was that security problem but something else? I dunno, I just remember someone talking about it in class.

I'm more outraged Microsoft covertly installed it without the user's consent and for the longest time you couldn't get rid of it unless you f*cked with your registries. Ah well, microsoft always sucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users