Photo

Corsair Obsidian 800D

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:36 AM

now I know what i'm using for my next build for a case.

http://www.guru3d.co...d-review-test/1

my favorite parts on how its really built with so much cooling with either airflow or liquid cooling, and the cable management is pretty damn sexy.
what do you guys think?

#2 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:30 PM

Ah, so it's a Antec P180 with a inflated pricetag? Hrmmm, I see what you did there Corsair ;)

#3 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:47 PM

Looks decent, though I can't see it being the best performing case if you want air cooling.

#4 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:50 PM

Looks decent, though I can't see it being the best performing case if you want air cooling.

Yeah, agreed.

#5 At The Gates

At The Gates

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:53 PM

I'm gonna go liquid cooled, and hopefully by the time I get the build started, the newer ATI 5900 series is out.
Yes ati/amd basically kicked the whole x2 series so the 5959-5970 will bee the x2 of their 5800 series brothers.

#6 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:54 PM

I dunno, i guess some people just like to sit and stare at a case like mannnnn this case is so badass looking. I could really care less about what it looks like on the outside, the inside is what matters. I'm getting a HAF932 and it's not the prettiest case but the interior is awesome. Side mounting quick release hd rack or gtfo.

#7 At The Gates

At The Gates

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:28 AM

did any of you guys even read the review/details on the case? tons of space, hot swap drive bays, 3 cooling zones for air cooling, also a whole back side that was built just for cable management to help produce less clutter and even better air flow, and it's not even a pretty case to oogle, it's a nice, neat and easy on the eyes.

#8 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:21 PM

did any of you guys even read the review/details on the case? tons of space, hot swap drive bays, 3 cooling zones for air cooling, also a whole back side that was built just for cable management to help produce less clutter and even better air flow, and it's not even a pretty case to oogle, it's a nice, neat and easy on the eyes.

3 Cooling zones, 2 of which are majorly blocked by components hampering air flow, and one of which has so many twists and turns and then flows through the chamber where you hide all of the cables.

Thus with each zone's "air flow" so hampered and thrown about I doubt the efficiency of it compared to some other cases.

Now for liquid cooling I'd say it looks good. Though I've never liquid cooled and don't see me starting any time in the future.

#9 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:52 PM

it really does resemble a p182 but from what I'm seeing with the hot-swap HD setup, well for one its limiting how big of a graphics card you can put in your case (I can put a 15" card in mine with the removal of those extra drive bays), but Hot-swap is meant mostly for servers and NAS setups, neither of which this case is targeted for, thus its a stupid idea.

on the top of the case however it's almost perfect for a triple radiator to be mounted provided there is enough clearance, but it looks like it can do quite nicely.

that 300$ pricetag on the other hand is insane and I would never pay more then 170-200 for it at most, not when that can be better put towards better fans and such.

#10 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:40 AM

I looked at this case, i thought it was nice but the side panel is retarded. For $300 it should have a side fan to cool the gpu's better. Plus i hatttte the fan for the hard drives, it has no intake at all. Ill be getting a Coolermaster Cosmos S case when I get home in a couple months for my new build. I like it far better due to it seperates the psu cooling from the rest of the case, side fan, and 3 120mm fan slots on the top for possible water cooling. Personally ill be getting the Corsair H50 and make a push pull cooling setup with it pusing cool air in from the back with 3 120's on top sucking air out the top, heat does rise after all. If I want to upgrade to a 3X120mm radiator and get a serious water cooling setup going i can later in the future. I do have to say though props to corsair for the uber nice cable management tray for the mobo!

#11 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:26 PM

If i was going to drop that kind of cash on a case it would be this one.

#12 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:11 AM

Up until just now I was considering the 800D or a cosmos S but in the end I went for the coolmaster case. Ill probably wait until either black friday or christmas to order my internal hardware. I just didnt want to pay close to $300 for a case. On a good note I got my cosmos s for $190 with free shipping (which was $30..)

Something else.. on that 800D its got the 3 top 120mm fan slots, same as the cosmos but what fans would you use? Im lookin at the scythe "e" fans... suggestions?

#13 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:39 AM

Yate Loon D12SH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users