4 replies to this topic

#1 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:38 PM

Here is a internal shot of my new desktop. Keep in mind I havent got my new GPU's yet so im still running my 8800 GTS cards. Also the cords and wires may look cluttered but are all flat against the back of the case, damn good airflow.

Posted Image

This one shows how i set up the H50 cooler in this case. I got a shroud extender so there wasnt a dead spot from the fan pushing air onto the radiator. Hidden on the top of the case is another fan pulling air for the push pull setup, good case for a 3 X 120mm push pull setup if you went water cooling crazy.

Posted Image

After I get those new grahpics cards im gonna work on the cable management a little more, so damn many cables but far better than prevous builds due to switching from ide to sata II cables.

Edited by Bumblebee, 06 January 2010 - 11:39 PM.

#2 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:51 PM

Not bad looking, my cable management isn't great either because i'm lazy, but sh*t works.

#3 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

See below :P Second edit, wondergod loves man cock, that is all

Zip ties and ductape are all that you need ;)

Edited by Scroll_Lock88, 07 January 2010 - 04:36 PM.

#4 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:34 PM

Now that I look at the fan on the radiator, it's pushing it out, bad bad bad! :P Take it from the outside! Water cooling works on air to cool the radiator for the most part and if the air is warm = slightly higher temps.

Better setup would be to move it the rear of the case, having it pull air from the outside the back into the case, then have the two at top exhaust out. As we all know, heat rises ;)

#5 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:41 PM

I know scroll but the thing is, when that cool air hits the radiator it comes out hot... blowing against all the other components on the motherboard, I did both setups and while the temps were about a degree cooler for the cpu when mounted on the rear the over case temp was alot higher due to the hot air from the radiator (running prime 95). All that hot air goes out the top and not blowing over the rest of the inside of the case. 1 degree isnt worth mounting it on the back of the case, plus the tubes are not kinked up when mounted in the rear fan slot. Plus it is harder to get a good push pull setup without stressing those tubes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users