13 replies to this topic

#1 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:23 PM

My wired headsets have been pissing me off too much. They sure break a lot and get tangled to sh*t. So what's a good wireless headset to buy out there for a decent price? And what do you guys use?

#2 EVIL Shenanigans

EVIL Shenanigans

Basement Caucasian

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:12 PM

Fairly certain the most recent official BoSS headset would be this lovely item, though - speak of the SATAN! - the mic on mine recently broke due to the damn wire. ...though i honestly dunno of wireless is ever a good call it when it comes to gaming...and no, due to that reasoning, ive personally never really looked into any wireless tech...

Edited by EVIL Shenanigans, 02 February 2010 - 10:13 PM.

#3 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:02 PM

I never really considered a wireless headset, i don't know of any reasonably priced wireless gaming headsets (or if they even exist!)

#4 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:53 PM

I never really considered a wireless headset, i don't know of any reasonably priced wireless gaming headsets (or if they even exist!)

The only one I have found that actually works somewhat well are these creative ones Click My Link b*tch!

Even then you will notice a drop in quality, if you listen to music you WILL notice a difference in audio quality compared to a wired pair. If you are doing it just for casual gaming, they are alright but I would never use them. May get 10 feet from them, that's if the room is pretty free of interference and obstructions. Did notice random pop noise every now and then must be intereference it picks up. For 100$ though, gets you a pretty damn nice pair of wired surround sound headphones.

I do not see how people break headsets, I mean honestly, been using the same pair of headphones for LAN's for almost 6 years now and they still work great and no problems. My home pair of 5.1 is a Tritton ASX Pro headset.

#5 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:15 PM

I have no idea how mine break so much either lol. I just put em on my desk.. they get so tangled in wires for no reason it seems (surely there is one but not sure why) and ya.. meh.

#6 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:07 AM

when they get tangled like that dude, unplug it and hold it by the wire and let it keep spinning until its not all kinked up, should do fine.

as for them break, perhaps lay them on the desk and don't drop them... :P

#7 Ahkmed

Ahkmed

DICK RAMM

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:44 AM

I break mine also, I set them on the desk on those motherf*ckers always end up on the floor somehow by the time I get back.

#8 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:01 PM

I break mine also, I set them on the desk on those motherf*ckers always end up on the floor somehow by the time I get back.

Put mine around the monitor arm that is holding my 3 monitors above my desk. Works great :P

#9 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:58 AM

when they get tangled like that dude, unplug it and hold it by the wire and let it keep spinning until its not all kinked up, should do fine.

as for them break, perhaps lay them on the desk and don't drop them... :P

it's usually the wires getting tangled up that break them. Wires get frayed, sound stops working, etc. So ya.. prolly doesn't help I get cheap ass headsets lol.

#10 mr.lively

mr.lively

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:04 PM

the official boss headset has done a pretty good job for me so far.

Edited by mr.lively, 08 February 2010 - 02:05 PM.

#11 HistoryGuy

HistoryGuy

Lurker

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:00 AM

This is what I at least used: Logitech USB until people complained about my voice and I started to MIME out on them. xD It's relatively cheap now, was expansive last year when I got it. The only backdrop is I haven't found a way to disable the headphone's, so I can just use the mic and use my PC's speakers for sound.

#12 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:46 PM

Holy 1 year thread bump batman! Cue the overused picture!
Posted Image

#13 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

Bumping an old thread cause I need a new one lol.

God damn my stupidity with this stuff. Though in fairness this time it was getting a shitty replacement from Logitech. So ya, I want a new better one.

Thoughts?

corsair vengeance 1500 perhaps? Hmm.

#14 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

Bumping an old thread cause I need a new one lol.

God damn my stupidity with this stuff. Though in fairness this time it was getting a shitty replacement from Logitech. So ya, I want a new better one.

Thoughts?

corsair vengeance 1500 perhaps? Hmm.

Find out who makes Corsair's headsets as the pretty much contract out most of their non-pc component hardware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users