6 replies to this topic

#1 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:02 AM

Tonight at around 10PM the servers went down due to a datacenter issue that's effecting multiple providers in the NYC area, our servers are among them and yeah while it does suck, it should be fixed by tomorrow at the latest.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

#2 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:30 AM

Boo. Now back to Torchlight.

#3 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:50 PM

Sad face.

#4 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:33 PM

just a small update I've got in my email.

This is the latest update from the datacenter network admin. All of you should be able to, very slowly, access all servers now. It wont be fast but at least you will have access. The datacenter is currently working with a couple of providers to get the full capacity back.

Here is what the datacenter network admin says:

We're running with very reduced capacity which is why you're seeing all the packet loss. Everything should be accessible, but you can expect slow connectivity while we're working on adding extra capacity that does not utilize the fiber path in question to NYC. The fact it's a Sunday does not help either however we do have couple of alternatives that should yield results before the fiber path is restored.

We've had a chat with Above.net and we're unable to get a straight answer from them yet regarding ETA but it does look like a major issue for them since they're not able to get to the manhole where the break is. This tells me that conditions must not be safe and for safety reason they cannot get inside and restore the service. Above.net also mentioned that they are working on alternatives paths right now and will proceed with the the solution that takes least amount of time.

This is the first time in 10 years that we've had such a major issue that's out of our control and I can assure everyone that this is being treated with absolutely highest priority and that we're working around the clock to restore normal quality of service.

#5 Haven

Haven

This bacon is stinky

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:17 PM

Hi Shadow!

#6 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member