• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:27 PM

I normally am not too caring of driver revisions but this one may be of some use to you guys running the 5xxx series cards, and also for those 4xxx card owners.

Article/Information

To sum it up, there is going to be two versions of the driver coming out this month. The 10.3a and the 10.3 WHQL certified. If you are running an eyefinity setup, which I doubt many if at all some of you are running it, will need to stick with the 10.3a release, until the 10.4 drivers come out or if they re-release the 10.3's with the eyefinity/aliens vs predator performance enhancements added on.

Looking at some pre-release 10.3a drivers at a friend who does hardware testing/reviews I have seen some healthy gains in performance in alot of games.

#2 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:23 AM

yeah the 10.3's are meant to be the performance improvements and fix a few display bugs where-as 10.1 and 10.2 were mostly bugfixes.

#3 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:49 PM

Fixed some issues but I notice that there is no bezel management yet for eyefinity setups. One of my monitors registers 1" smaller than the other 2 so I can't rotate them, option is greyed out. So I will continue to wait until there is a fix for this issue.

Advantages of 'borrowing' customer hardware as I build machines. Can test things without actually buying them :P

#4 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:58 PM

Well after a unexpected winfall of money, secured a service contract with a medium sized business to outfit their company with up-to-date computer systems. Needless to say, I used the opportunity to 'invest' in some newer hardware. Dropped a decent bit of cash, all new everything except for the case.

After getting 3 monitors of the same size that actually register as the same size, Eyefinity problems are non-existent. Except for a few games that arent playing nice but that's to be expected with games that werent designed for it.

Only issue was getting the third monitor to detect, but after switching some things, finally got it running.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users