Photo

Counter Strike Bete updade!?! (He can't spell :D)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Snookers

Snookers

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:10 PM

Available immediately, Valve has launched an extensive update to Counter-Strike: Source, now in beta.

The update includes a host of new features and functionality developed in collaboration with Hidden Path Studios. These include 144 new achievements, a new domination and revenge system, player stats, and more.

This beta will run for a limited time, and once complete, the update will be deployed to all Counter-Strike: Source owners for free via Steam.

Server admins may download the dedicated server files via the HLDSUpdateTool using "-game cssbeta" in the command line.

"144 achievements added
New lifetime player stats and summary screens
New match player stats and summary screens
New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player
Updated scoreboard with new icons, visual style, MVP stars, and avatar pictures
New cinematic death camera
New domination and revenge system
Added avatar icons to voice chat, scoreboard, and end of round display
Incorporated many source engine updates"

http://store.steampo....com/news/3805/

well, apparently valve listened to all the whiners who complained for an update ahah
but imo it really is much overdue, will dl beta later to see what its like.

what do you all think about it?

edit: yes, i fail at spell checking

Edited by Snookers, 11 May 2010 - 03:45 PM.

#2 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:23 PM

Here's hoping they improve hit detection with the engine updates. Achievements can suck my dick for all I care, the kill cam sounds interesting along with the revenge dominate system.

#3 mr.lively

mr.lively

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

i hope this proves to be awesome. it feels like theyre just molding source to be a little more like other games, incorporating popular features from popular titles. achievements? lifetime stats? match summary screens? all great, all incorporated into every game trying to copy cod's success.

#4 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

i hope this proves to be awesome. it feels like theyre just molding source to be a little more like other games, incorporating popular features from popular titles. achievements? lifetime stats? match summary screens? all great, all incorporated into every game trying to copy cod's success.

To be fair, TF2 did the achievements, lifetime stats, match summery screens and all, a month or so before the release of Modern Warfare 1. So they really aren't copying COD at all, just bringing a consistency to their multiplayer games. L4D 1&2, and TF2 all have the same stat, match summery and achievements layout. Valve is just extending that over to CS:S.

#5 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:37 PM

Methinks Valve is done good. Especial because 'tis free.

#6 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:58 PM

I thought they were working on CS2?

#7 mr.lively

mr.lively

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

To be fair, TF2 did the achievements, lifetime stats, match summery screens and all, a month or so before the release of Modern Warfare 1. So they really aren't copying COD at all, just bringing a consistency to their multiplayer games. L4D 1&2, and TF2 all have the same stat, match summery and achievements layout. Valve is just extending that over to CS:S.

truth.

#8 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:05 PM

I thought they were working on CS2?

A different company is developing a Counter-Strike for the gook market.

#9 KiMBo

KiMBo

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:27 PM

damn, i still dont have a monitor, therefore let me know if this is good and if it is i will hurry to get a new monitor.

#10 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:22 PM

Here's hoping they improve hit detection with the engine updates. Achievements can suck my dick for all I care, the kill cam sounds interesting along with the revenge dominate system.

This a million times this.

Though sounds like they took TF2 features and implemented them into CS:S. Would still rather have improved hit detection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users