0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

http://gizmodo.com/5....s-hell-factory

http://gizmodo.com/5....orkers-on-tape

http://gizmodo.com/5....xconns-factory

Within half a year, there have been nine suicides attempts with seven confirmed deaths at Foxconn's Shenzhen factory. In the last month, that number suddenly increased to 30 new suicide attempts, prompting the company to hire counselors and even Buddhist monks to free the souls of the suicidal from purgatory.

9 Workers out of god knows how many have commited suicide due to stress from their jobs.

It has been stated that these working conditions are only for the workers who are creating parts for Apple:

To all you commenters who insist on pointing out that Foxconn manufactures products for companies other than Apple, you are missing the point.
Only the employees working on the Apple products are oppressed, overworked, and suicidal (did you miss the part about them purchasing knock offs?).
All the other employees are allowed to live off campus but the Apple ones (due to the required secrecy) are forced to live within the Foxconn facilities.
They are not allowed phone calls, letters, or any other type of communication.
For those commenters who have taken mathematical liberties to show that Foxconn employees are no more suicidal than the rest of China using the 400,000 employees example. Again, you are missing some important information.
There are only 25,104 employees working on the Apple products. All of the suicides are from this group of employees. All of these suicides (save one) are suspected to be cover ups and not actual suicides.
Finally, for all the commenters and non-commenters alike. I'm sorry to have wasted whatever time it took you to read this comment with its complete and utter bull crap. I just wanted to see what it felt like to join the hoards of idiots posting stupid crap defending this practice in any shape or form.

Stolen from here
Edited out OP's "feelings" bullsh*t. nobody cares about these gooks.

Edited by Stubs, 20 May 2010 - 05:59 PM.

#2 TheCloak

TheCloak

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:46 PM

should have thought before i spoke...

Edited by TheCloak, 22 May 2010 - 11:14 AM.

#3 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:05 AM

that makes me giggle. And all these people are stressed for Apple? what a waste of time, i would never work for them [apple], i actually value my freedom. unfortunately I will probs have to buy a macbook pro when i get to college, that'll kinda be a bummer. I will be giving up my individuality at that point.

Hopefully Apple won't call their secret police on me since i did some minor insults up there.

Uhh, yeah. You fail. You do realize Foxconn is an independent company that builds for any company that hires them. That includes: Apple, HP, Dell, Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Motorola, Cisco, Amazon, and Intel.

You fail rant on a Mac user level.

#4 EVIL Shenanigans

EVIL Shenanigans

Basement Caucasian

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:51 AM

Missing the point of the laughable ORLY/SRS quality of the original point, my good man/woman.

#5 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:42 PM

"The Foxconn Incidents"

#6 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:47 PM

Suicide #10 today, fuckyeah!

#7 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

Suicide #10 today, f*ckyeah!

Them exorcists is not workin

#8 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:34 PM

Their belief that the machines are cursed is f*cking hilarious. You'd think these math gifted rice eaters would realize that with the hours they work, exhaustion leads to insomnia and many, many accidents. Seriously, after a few weeks of those shifts, anyone working on heavy machinery is pretty much statistically guaranteed to have an accident.

#9 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:39 AM

you pump about 1,000mg of adderall in that place a day for the fatigue, 500mg of xanax for job related stress and anxiety, bam, done...with better numbers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users