15 replies to this topic

#1 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:09 AM

I had to redo my water loop as i developed two kinks in the lines, they were restricting the flow like crazy. Before I changed the hoses out and thermal paste my vreg was about 45C and cpu temps would be about 45ish when gaming. After i changed things my vreg is like 38C and the cpu is at 35C. I used OCZ freeze, works pretty darn good but as far as the vreg... is that ON the cpu chip?

#2 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:12 AM

vreg? what the fuck are you on about.

aside from that, I prefer MX-4 paste, it really is one of the best right now and spreads easy as hell, as a sidenote anti-kink tubing is your best friend.

#3 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:26 PM

Here.. this should help.. im confused myself lol :P Its under the cpu temp... wth is vreg...

Posted Image

#4 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:14 PM

i dunno, probably just the motherboard sensor with a riced up name.

#5 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:29 AM

Voltage Regulator

#6 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:40 PM

Voltage Regulator

as I said then, riced up name that only EVGA use, the correct term for that is normally just VRM (Voltage Regulation Mod), or PWM, depending on how you look at it, basically its the chokes to the left of the CPU socket (phases) that generate a ton of heat and no, that's not on your CPU.

#7 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:40 AM

I hate that software with a passion, GTFO with your !@#$%^& sh*t software EVGA. Their boards are horrible, bought a bunch of mATX boards of the s775 variety for a office build(it was a cheap bundle off tigerdirect) out of the 28, 4 are still running their original boards. Absolute garbage

#8 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:23 AM

as I said then, riced up name that only EVGA use, the correct term for that is normally just VRM (Voltage Regulation Mod), or PWM, depending on how you look at it, basically its the chokes to the left of the CPU socket (phases) that generate a ton of heat and no, that's not on your CPU.

They all have their own stupid names for things. :hate:

#9 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:14 PM

Ehh office computers dont have a P55 Classified 200 motherboard.... I lol.. :evil:

#10 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

you're a fucking retard.

#11 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:37 PM

you're a f*cking retard.

lol

I do have to say i did have a 680i mobo fry on me years ago.. but evga replaced it. Only board that ever happened to me. Im happy with evga though. Probably should have waited for the new amd stuff but i spent my cash, should be fine for years..... i hope.

#12 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

there is barely any upgrade incentive for me aside from wanting a 32core Opteron to compile stuff faster.

#13 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

32 core... holly sheet. Thats rediculous..

#14 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:06 PM

Meh
Sun Microsystems and Intel have prototype and commercial processors with a lot more cores than you would think.

#15 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:07 AM

Yea, the fact your CPU was getting so hot probably caused surrounding areas to heat up. I personally use coolermaster paste, but that's cause i get tons for free :)

EVGA isn't complete garbage, but it really depends on the board. Some of theirs are better than others. Funny your main PC's motherboard is the same as my wife's for just browsing the internet. Its an ok board but I would never use the P55 chipset for anything real, its just crippled from the start with so much on the CPU.

As for "Sun Microsystems and Intel have prototype and commercial processors with a lot more cores than you would think."

The highest commercial core count on Sun(Oracle) systems is still 8 and its the Xeon 7500 series. Although they have servers with multiple procs, its still only 8 core processors. They don't even have 8-12 core AMDs, I think the highest is a quad core.

#16 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:42 PM

Can buy magny-cours AMD processors on their socket G34 in 8 core and 12 core flavors rediculously expensive, but they are available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users