9 replies to this topic

#1 Becky

Becky

Combine Soldier

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:14 PM

Ok so, I'm pretty sure I'm crashing the BoSS servers. If that's even possible. Or it's a major coincidence.

Basically, I'll join the Office server and after about 2 minutes it'll crash. It's happened 3 times now. The first time, it happened after I'd been on for 30 minutes or so, the other two times I had just joined to check it out.

Is there anyway one person can join crash the servers by joining? I might try and join other servers and see if I can crash them too.

#2 Becky

Becky

Combine Soldier

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 05:01 PM

Nevermind! It just crashed without me there. So I must have just been the person to tip the scale each time, probably with my high ping or some sh*t.

#3 korosys420

korosys420

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:31 PM

yeah it has been messed up all day. at first i thought it was my internets but i guess it wasnt.

#4 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:29 AM

I'm not calling her a witch, but obviously her she-devilery has something to do with it. Korosys just exacerbates the situation, he's obviously a motherfucking warlock.

Solution: dunk both in a river until one floats. The one that floats is obviously the witch/warlock killing our server. Ban the witch/warlock.

#5 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:40 PM

it hasn't actually crashed, there has been some network issues on a hop right before the datacenter we use. I submitted a ticket and its already being looked at.

#6 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:04 AM

no, i think you have been DDoSing some poor defenseless retard shadow. Think of the lives you are destroying!!!!

#7 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:50 PM

update on the networking issues.

The carrier got back to us saying because of the Earthquake in Japan, they had to reroute all traffic from Japan and other asian countries over to europe and then over to east cost us and then west coast us. Usually most of the asian traffic would go directly over pacific to Los Angeles.

They said they are working on resolving this ASAP but until then there might be latency from time to time.

so soon enough everything should hopefully be resolved.

#8 Arch

Arch

Lurker

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

Am I the only one still getting lag spikes on the servers? My computer must suck haha

#9 Coolnessinabun

Coolnessinabun

Dick Weedle

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

Am I the only one still getting lag spikes on the servers? My computer must suck haha

LOL! I don't think its your computer ^_^. I also have been getting random lag spikes some days worse than others, but I do have to say that the server is a lot better than it was about a month ago.

#10 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:21 AM

Agreed with above on both cases.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users