• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Gerard4

Gerard4

Lurker

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:39 AM

I play on this server quite a bit during the day when there is a noticeable lack of admins over the last couple months. No worries, for the most part it tends to attract a pretty decent crowd so there are very rarely any serious admin issues. One thing has really been hampering gameplay lately, though, and that is players that get on, play a couple rounds and then promptly go afk for 60+ rounds. Not only does it unbalance the teams, but it makes the rounds take much longer than necessary because if the CT team doesn't win, then the T's have to search out the afks before the round can end.

One player in particular does this just about every time I get on "yadoT_elimS". He is a regular and I am sure he is a swell guy, but he is inconsiderate as hell when it comes to going afk for hours on end. Anyways, is there anyway that the server could have an auto afk kick and/or that we could deal with this particular player? I don't have a demo, but I am sure that you can view his KDR and see how low it is to corroborate my story. Thanks for the great server to play on.

#2 Stoned Hatter

Stoned Hatter

The Stoned one

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:47 PM

i understand the beef with afks but a auto kick would be more trouble than it would be worth cause if you have to deal with something like a child or a pet issue while playing and you came back like 4 seconds later to find out you where auto kicked, i myself would never play on a server with that on it it just seems bad news to me

#3 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:29 PM

I can maybe string up an autokick script that if you go afk longer than 5-10 rounds it will move you to spectator, then kick or something.

thanks for your feedback.

#4 Gerard4

Gerard4

Lurker

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:53 AM

Same guy again. yadoT_elimS has been AFK for two hours according to a couple other people in server. Has a KDR of 0-20. I understand not wanting to get kicked if you are away for a minute, but if you are gonna be gone for 5+ minutes, just log off the server. I have never had to wait more than 2-3 min to get into this server, even in peak times.

#5 SoulWind

SoulWind

Combine Elite

• Server Admin+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:06 AM

I've temp banned yadoT_elimS for that before, honestly, if he is still doing that, next time I see him doing it, he can have another ban

#6 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:30 PM

yeah, he plays for like 3 rounds and then afks for like 10+ and so on...i like the auto kick idea

#7 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:51 PM

I've also temp banned that guy, next time i'll make it for a day, sooner or later he'll get the idea.

#8 SquirtzHubz

SquirtzHubz

Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:40 PM

Yeah i've seen a fews ppl in the night time who play a few rounds and go afk for hours, someone in office last night was like 2-60 just crazy, auto kick after 5 or 10 rounds isn't a bad idea at all

#9 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:21 PM

I banned the dude for 3 days, see if that helps him figure it out.

#10 --B u b b z S2

--B u b b z S2

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:32 PM

Sometimes I wonder... Are those people some users "second account" :) Ya know what I'm sayin YO? >.>

#11 beep beep

beep beep

Journeyman

• Server Admin
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:15 PM

Ya know what I'm sayin YO? >.>

seriously...

#12 --B u b b z S2

--B u b b z S2

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:59 PM

# 8569 "jordanlws" STEAM_0:1:17061742 40:36

This guy joined and went afk ever since he joined -_-; And it happened a few times already I was on, people tried to votekick, voteban, and started to complain. Where's that auto kick script :(

#13 SoulWind

SoulWind

Combine Elite

• Server Admin+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:00 PM

# 8569 "jordanlws" STEAM_0:1:17061742 40:36

This guy joined and went afk ever since he joined -_-; And it happened a few times already I was on, people tried to votekick, voteban, and started to complain. Where's that auto kick script :(

if he's doin that shit, and I'm on vent, let me know, I'll give him a nice temp ban...

#14 Urban

Urban

Lurker

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

Bump, shit is still a problem :malace:

#15 eRoC

eRoC

BoSS VIP

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

I do my best... work second shift and dont get home until 1 am..

type status and get a steam ID for the worst offenders and we can come up with a suitable punishment..

thanks for your help.

e.

#16 Urban

Urban

Lurker

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:12 PM

I do my best... work second shift and dont get home until 1 am..

type status and get a steam ID for the worst offenders and we can come up with a suitable punishment..

thanks for your help.

e.

Will do

#17 SoulWind

SoulWind

Combine Elite

• Server Admin+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

just get on ventrilo... there is normally an admin on vent

#18 Urban

Urban

Lurker

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

lol @ this guy Snowman on the server, guy had 75 deaths and 1 kill from being afk so long :tdown:

#19 Shorty Hatter

Shorty Hatter

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

I have noticed this problem myself and agree with SoulWind there is usually an admin on vent at one time or another through out the day. If we can get into the server we will solve the problem. Tho there is times we can not join the server to solve the problem because of these people. The script is not a bad idea, I agree that should be set to move to spec after 5 to 10 rounds then kicked after a certain amount of time. Our Office server fills up fast and its unfair to players who actually want to play to have to deal with the afk taking up spaces.

#20 GENTLEMEN!

GENTLEMEN!

Lurker

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

I've seen Snowman... go afk on more than a few occasions. I actually saw him the day that Urban was talking about, at one point he was 1-125. I'll be sure to grab his steamID next time I see him on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users