21 replies to this topic

#1 SquirtzHubz

SquirtzHubz

Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:18 AM

I have realized that i am like the only admin on 6-2am sometimes and i get flooded with messages to to this or ban that, it's time to step it up BoSS and get some more RELIABLE FUCKING ADMINS not just hey ur in vent a few times hey ur in the server this yada that, i have been babysitting the kids in office for like 4 weeks now on my own and i need help! i play other games and can't keep leaving my personal game time to fucking deal with the kiddo bullshit, i really need a comrade, trust when i say i dont mind putting in the work as that is what i signed up for but goddamn can i get a bit of down time!? i think a more structured situation needs to go down before you receive or are even considered for server admin, we don't want kiddo's obtaining admin and ADDing out when the "coolness" is over, maybe a new admin formula needs to be introduced? idk but lets try to get some ppl interested that deserve admin rights, all in all ur call Shadow

#2 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

all i have to say is toooooooo many fucking afks, and it seems like people are doubling their accounts and ghosting with these afks, because once the afk leaves, a player that has a very high score leaves also. Been seeing this for a while....and no one fucking cares

#3 SoulWind

SoulWind

Combine Elite

• Server Admin+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

there are you usually admins on ventrilo... all someone needs to do is ask..

#4 Stoned Hatter

Stoned Hatter

The Stoned one

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

i am on often and do as well get the same comments sent to me on steam friends truth be told no matter how many admins we have online people will do what they think they can and sometimes they do it with us in their, it is just part of the being a admin bit

#5 eRoC

eRoC

BoSS VIP

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:21 PM

LOL great post.. eventually the Hammer of Bann will fall on those who seek to disrupt our office building. D-baggers are part of CSS unfortunately, a biblical plague of locusts that will never be truly exterminated. That said, I personally have been taking a stronger line against AFK's...

#6 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

I would be down to pay for admin again, playing once in awhile and the lack of admins is a bit annoying.

#7 GoOdF3lLaZ

GoOdF3lLaZ

Lurker

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:47 AM

As i posted in the other thread about BoSS needing admin, i have alot of experience running a server as a co-leader for cz and i love playing in your server so wouldnt mind paying for admin and lending a hand.

#8 korosys420

korosys420

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:24 PM

goin to be interesting in the next few weeks

#9 Google Facts

Google Facts

Lurker

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:54 AM

hey, im an active user on your 24/7 cs office server

Im on usually from 12-5am and its crazy how many blatant hackers are on. There is one thing to hide it and be discreet about it, yet another to have your screen shake all sorts of crazy angles as you shoot. there are a lot of afk's who dont ever get kicked.

I would be willing to donate just to have some basic controls to at least keep it from going out of control when im on.

thanks,

Kevin

#10 germaniczyzz

germaniczyzz

Lurker

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

How do you guys actually decide on an admin?

#11 PandaManJack

PandaManJack

Lurker

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

I'm trying to work my way to admin because im on CS usualy at night wen the admins decide to get off or about to get off. Hopefully i can become one so we can rid these night time problems we tend to be having.

#12 Trans7ucent

Trans7ucent

Lurker

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

I used to admin for noobgalore before it got to wtfbqqretarded with awps years ago, I wouldnt mind doing it. I dont see why the server is full of BOSS tagged people and they have NO admin powers..

#13 Rooftops

Rooftops

Combine Soldier

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

I used to admin for noobgalore before it got to wtfbqqretarded with awps years ago, I wouldnt mind doing it. I dont see why the server is full of BOSS tagged people and they have NO admin powers..

Gotta talk to Shadow man.

#14 thatsfresh

thatsfresh

Combine Soldier

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

BoSS tag members do not mean they're admins. It just mean they're dedicated members who often play our server and use our forum. You can use the BoSS tag too, all you need to do is introduce yourself to the forums.

#15 Stubs

Stubs

0v3rcl0ck yu0r BR3AKFA5t!11!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

The server is full of BoSS tagged people with no admin powers because the only way to become an admin is to talk to Shadowized. And talking to Shadowized is scary, so nobody does it except people who have been here 2+ years. If you want to be an admin, get some other admin to introduce you to him, add him on steam, and talk to him on vent.

#16 eRoC

eRoC

BoSS VIP

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

If you are interested in being an Admin you can always add me to your friends list and I can help you get the process started.  The main issues are, foremost we need someone who is mature enough not to be a tyrant and get drunk on power once they receive their admin privileges.  Second, it costs 15$ every month, not when you feel like paying.  Too many guys say they want to be admin but can't come up with a measly 15$ on a monthly basis, which is kind of pathetic if you ask me.  So yes, we need more admins since it appears as there is a wave of 1337 hackers finding their way into our servers, which ruins everyones fun.  So if you can pay every month (or even better 3-4 months in advance) and are not a douche then you have a reasonable chance.  Based on what I have seen most of the guys in this thread would make decent admins IMHO, so unless anyone has any objections we can go from there.

A good way to start out is to make a donation with no expectations. This proves to us that you are serious and able to donate. Plus, you are supporting the community. Then,  make a formal introduction here at the forums stating your intention to be an admin (if you haven't already) and wear the boss tag in game so we know who you are.  And get in our ventrillo channel, there are almost always god admins there (shadow, soul wind) who can help you with server issues (hackers, etc) if a regular admin is unavailable. Just dont disturb shadow if he is playing Dota2.

Finally, we appreciate everyone who plays on boss servers, its you guys that keep it going. There is pride in knowing boss has been running 24-7 for almost 9 years now, not many people can say that. It takes a lot of work, and a hell of a lot of money to make a claim like that. Do the math, assuming 300+ dollars a month for 5 dedicated servers x 12 months x 9 years.  Thats more than 30 grand invested by our members and owners so YOU can play counter strike 24 hours a day.  So if you want to be part of our team, the winning team, and 9 years of tradition then man up and invest in a donation, and the rest will fall into place. 

thanks for your interest in this matter

eroc

#17 --B u b b z S2

--B u b b z S2

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

Hey guys! Do you think I'm able to be an admin if I donate too? :) 

#18 Rooftops

Rooftops

Combine Soldier

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

Hey guys! Do you think I'm able to be an admin if I donate too? :) 

Do it Bubbz!

#19 eRoC

eRoC

BoSS VIP

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

bubbles should be admin!

#20 thatsfresh

thatsfresh

Combine Soldier

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

If you are interested in being an Admin you can always add me to your friends list and I can help you get the process started.  The main issues are, foremost we need someone who is mature enough not to be a tyrant and get drunk on power once they receive their admin privileges.  Second, it costs 15$ every month, not when you feel like paying.  Too many guys say they want to be admin but can't come up with a measly 15$ on a monthly basis, which is kind of pathetic if you ask me.  So yes, we need more admins since it appears as there is a wave of 1337 hackers finding their way into our servers, which ruins everyones fun.  So if you can pay every month (or even better 3-4 months in advance) and are not a douche then you have a reasonable chance.  Based on what I have seen most of the guys in this thread would make decent admins IMHO, so unless anyone has any objections we can go from there.

A good way to start out is to make a donation with no expectations. This proves to us that you are serious and able to donate. Plus, you are supporting the community. Then,  make a formal introduction here at the forums stating your intention to be an admin (if you haven't already) and wear the boss tag in game so we know who you are.  And get in our ventrillo channel, there are almost always god admins there (shadow, soul wind) who can help you with server issues (hackers, etc) if a regular admin is unavailable. Just dont disturb shadow if he is playing Dota2.

Finally, we appreciate everyone who plays on boss servers, its you guys that keep it going. There is pride in knowing boss has been running 24-7 for almost 9 years now, not many people can say that. It takes a lot of work, and a hell of a lot of money to make a claim like that. Do the math, assuming 300+ dollars a month for 5 dedicated servers x 12 months x 9 years.  Thats more than 30 grand invested by our members and owners so YOU can play counter strike 24 hours a day.  So if you want to be part of our team, the winning team, and 9 years of tradition then man up and invest in a donation, and the rest will fall into place. 

thanks for your interest in this matter

eroc

so eloquent >0<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users