6 replies to this topic

#1 Rooftops

Rooftops

Combine Soldier

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

The server has nowhere near enough admins. BoSS 24/7 Office is a server full of dedicated players, who repeatedly come back day after day to play on it. Whenever hackers, campers, or mic spamming faggots come in people leave. When I had admin, I'd get messages at least two or three times a day to come in and deal with people. A good portion of the time was to deal with AFKs so others could get in, but there were plenty of campers and hackers to deal with.

I managed to have my admin long after I had paid for it, and I'm glad I was able to help service the community and clean out the servers of parasitic players. However, I didn't continue to pay for my admin and have since lost it. Quite a few other ex-admins I know have also stopped paying due to financial reasons, or lack of availability. I can count on one hand the number of admins I see online over the course of a day, including Shadow and Stubs (who is very nice about dealing with people when he's around).

You aren't getting anywhere with the support of the community of the server by forcing people to pay for admin. Leave the donation button to do what it was made for, donating. There are plenty of regulars to the sever who are competent and on enough to be reasonable admins. Give them mute, kick, and temp ban privileges, and you've got all the server control you need.

Something needs to change to help get more admins into the community. My personal feeling is that there should be no "monthly fee" to be an admin, or at least have the ability to keep the server clean. Try and consider helping out SOMEHOW to make it a better place for the players.

#2 eRoC

eRoC

BoSS VIP

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

will pay other peoples admin fees for sex.

#3 GENTLEMEN!

GENTLEMEN!

Lurker

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

I will sex you.

#4 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

what you suggest would work great, if everything in the world was free. the server this is run on costs 160/month, if you are too cheap too support something you like than obviously you don't like it enough.

#5 germaniczyzz

germaniczyzz

Lurker

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

How much actually are the admin fees?

#6 .:Machine:.

.:Machine:.

Lurker

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

*cough* Darkshadow, check your inbox, *cough cough*

#7 shadowman

shadowman

Lurker

• Banned
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

what you suggest would work great, if everything in the world was free. the server this is run on costs 160/month, if you are too cheap too support something you like than obviously you don't like it enough.

so theyre rich enough to run the server 24/7 but not rich enough to simply give someone the ability to kick? do you have to pay to give somebody else control? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users