6 replies to this topic

#1 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

After a long while I have discovered on my own, there is an issue with the NF200 chip and crossfire/eyefinity, no help to evga.  When you use the 1st Pcie slot with grahpics, it goes strait to the cpu, ignores the nf200 board, that is why i get better performance with a single card over the nf200.  When you use 2 of cards, they have to go through the nf200 and that is when it goes to SHIT.  

I thought.. i was good but in no way, i have the Sandy bridge cpu, so buying the newer board doesnt help, id still have pcie 2.0 but id resolve the issue with the northbridge and crossfire...  damn computers.  So ill just keep using this damn thing till i have the cash to say fuck it and buy a new motherboard/cpu that doesnt fuck you over.... uhggg.  

Edited by Bumblebee, 13 February 2013 - 08:40 PM.

#2 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

I figured I was right. I told you initially that you'd never get dual 16X on LGA1155, you didn't believe me. pay attention to the little things when buying a board. Soulwind has a relevatively similar setup in terms of Graphics cards (2x 7950) and never had any of the problems you encountered after that initial 12.11 driver.

NF200 though, that's old as fuck like pre -Nephlem era, strange that they would use such a thing especilaly on a board that costs as much as a Rampage. and now you're stuck with it until you replace it, even though your CPU is SB and not IB, you can still grab any <130$ Z77 board and use it to its fullest potential, and it'll run crossfire better than what you have.

#3 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

Well this is what has happened.  After thinking about how the nf200 BLOWS and im better off with a single card, either i would get 1 of the top end gpu's or a dual gpu card seeing as how the dual card setup for that motherboard sucks. I dont feel like replacing the motherboard again, it does overclock like a motherfucker at 4.5ghz and higher but i just leave it at the 4.5.  I listed my two 6970's on ebay which ive had for almost 2 years now and im getting $450 for them.  I think im done with dual gpus for the mean time due to using a 3 screen setup, the drivers are just not there for multi card, multi screen setups, its funky, they dont like each other.  One 6970 was running my games damn well with some things turned down.

I ordered a 7970, due to the increased bandwith of the cards memory, they do much better than the gtx 680 does with high end resolutions.  Plus with the cpu and over clock and memory im using... it will probably melt everything I throw at it.  I hope in the future both nvidia and ati can UNFUCK THEIR DRIVER ISSUES.  The new ati drivers are much better. 

The best part... I paid $399 for my 7970 just now, and i got Crysis 3 and Bioshock infinitim for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   .... fuck yeh.  

...im sitting here watching the bid on these cards go up, someone is up to $510 already for the two cards..... WINNING!  LOL fuck yeh! 

Edited by Bumblebee, 28 February 2013 - 11:34 PM.

#4 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

do yourself a favor and just sell Crysis 3 to some retard, its an awful game. which 7970 did you buy?

#5 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

Ive never been a fan of crysis, ill def sell it.  I looked a lot at 7970's.  There were alot with issues.  The best it seemed after doing research was the Msi Lightening and the Saphire card with the vapor chamber cooling.  I wanted the lightening but its non existent.  I have had two generations of xfx cards with no problems with the actual cards and it is one of the few with MSi that have the mini dp port on them.  My 3rd screen uses a mini dp thingy.  I wanted a decent version of the 7970 and i didnt want the ghz version (new revisions have locked voltage.. they got issues), so i went with the xfx black edition, it was $80 cheaper than the ghz version and almost as fast clock wise, plus i got two games on top of it for free.  I personally cant wait for bioshock.  The first one... was fucking epic.   

It seems as though i picked a perfect time to buy one, i paid $399, it has a $30 rebate card thing so it was kind of $369.  Its up to $429 now, like just days after buying it.

http://www.newegg.co...=xfx 7970 black

Edited by Bumblebee, 02 March 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#6 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

well, goodluck with that. I remember a lot of the 7900's from XFX overheated + didn't use digital VRM's so the chance of coil-whine is high, I have the 7970 Lightning and sort of wish I had went with the Sapphire VaporX one but unfortunately it wasn't available at the time.

#7 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Well i got my 7970 xfx black edition, at the same fan speed its twice as quiet as the 6970 and it never goes over 59C.  I can tell the difference big time on the eyefinity, much more power behind the grahpics than the 6970 for high resolutions.  Also this is a newer revised version of the 7970 and ive had 5870/6970s from xfx and not a problem from any of the cards.  Hope this one last a good while :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users