5 replies to this topic

#1 zieahdoor

zieahdoor

Lurker

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

Hi there,

First off, I'd like to comment on the condition of your 24/7 CS:S server... IT'S FRIGGIN' AMAZING!

Anywho, I was banned by an admin on the server not too long ago, and this is the last I remember of the round (with a brief on the previous 10 or so rounds).

---

Upon the moment of the ban and a minute before it, I was on the Terrorist team, camping Projector while 50% of my team rushed and died, the other 50% defending the door looking into Papers. They all die, I'm last alive, I press TAB to see about 4 or 5 CT still alive. What do I decide to do? I run through Cabinets, using my M249 with 3/4 of a clip remaining and spam my way through to the double doors looking out to Garage windows. I find a Scout on the floor. Now, the most logical thing to do here is look at Papers to check if the remaining CT are there... and sure enough they are. I use the Scout I just picked up to get a kill, and moments after that, I'm banned because I'm 'wallhacking'.

I assure you I was not wallhacking, and I have never done so. I've played this game for a long time, I've been playing on this server from the beginning of the week, and I intended to do so, as it was a hub of very nice and communicative people I enjoyed mingling with ... and killing. I've become acquainted with admins like ShadowSwag and Ri, and I enjoyed playing with them, and we all joked about cheaters and whatnot. I'd like to be unbanned so I can continue playing on this server, it was one of few fave'd servers on my list.

I am fairly new to this game, and I'll admit, I do get lucky sometimes. It baffles me, and it baffles others, and some jump to the conclusion that I may be cheating, others commend me for my efforts, and in the end, I become proud of how well I can perform at random moments. That being said, I have never cheated in this game, I have no intention to cheat, and I will never cheat.

My SteamID is ... STEAM_0:1:43647218

I was banned from... [#1] 24/7 Office [16k/NoAWP] BoSS-Gamers.com

Regards,

Zieahdoor

#2 ri-sama

ri-sama

Lurker

• Server Admin
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

I wasn't on at the time, but from playing with you a few hours I haven't noticed anything blatant. It was Fresh's call so I'll leave it up to him and Shadowized to make the decision, but thought I should put in my 2cents.

#3 thatsfresh

thatsfresh

Combine Soldier

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

According to my demo which I cannot upload for some reason, it seems like you know where they are going. I'm assuming you use your volume to hear their footsteps but thats absurd since footsteps just mean they're "somewhere" around you. There was also a case where you were in a corner hiding and you rushed out there pointing to the exact location of where the CT was. I dont know but to me that seems way too sketchy.

#4 zieahdoor

zieahdoor

Lurker

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

I'd like to disagree about the sounds.

When I listen to footsteps (and when they are faint or far away), you're right about how an enemy can be "anywhere around me," however, when footsteps get closer, not only can I hear them louder, but I can tell from which direction they're coming from. You can test this out yourself by wearing your headset backwards, and comparing the sounds to when you have them on properly. When footsteps get closer, you know which way to turn (in the case of Projector in cs_office).

As for my pre-aiming... I'm sure everybody does it all the time, but I've been using an M249, and this is what I do to make sure I get a kill:

Holding down the M249 makes the spray larger, therefore, I point it at where I want to go and scan from left to right, and once I see that an enemy is there, I stop the sweeping motion, rest my mouse on the enemy and continue to fire until they die, then I continue the sweeping motion. It guarantees kills for the most part, and it works especially when you're 1v1'ing an enemy.

You should've also noticed that at times, I misjudge where an enemy might be and I pre-fire the wrong direction, and the enemy would actually be behind me, causing my death. I like to pre-fire with the M249, because (and as you've potentially seen today), it's pretty damn effective... and a lot of the Ts began copying me and we began winning rounds.

I guarantee you though, none of this was the result of cheating or prior knowledge or any advantage over the enemy.

#5 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

unbanning you, zieahdoor

I'm assuming you use your volume to hear their footsteps but thats absurd since footsteps just mean they're "somewhere" around you.

if that's really how the sound in CS is for you, its time to get some better fucking headphones bro, the sound in CS is completely surround and you can tell exactly where people are with 100% accuracy.

#6 zieahdoor

zieahdoor

Lurker

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users