• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 VuL

VuL

Lurker

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:20 PM

I've played on Boss cs_office server on and off for over 5 years. Back then I have not encountered much problems with admin abuse and that might be because of the lack of admins back then. However, recently when I started playing on Boss cs_office server again, I've noticed much problems with how some admin handle the server. In the Boss server, slaying campers on CT team that are not inside by 1:30 mark seems like a frequent thing nowadays and I have no issue with this because there are often new players who don't understand the game yet and sit there waiting for people to come. The problem I have is with the unjustified slayings of players without discretion or understanding of the situation. Some things I have seen is one CT player left alive and he could be under fire so he steps outside for cover for reload or whatever it may be, but admin will slay just because stepped outside for a moment. Another scenario I have encountered is the slaying of a CT member for walking around corners trying to get a kill on terrorist team instead of directly going for objective (hostages). What the admins don't get is that sometimes it hard to get hostages without killing the campers on terrorist team. And please do keep in mind that a round can be won by eliminating all terrorist members. Well, lets add one more case that I have witnessed before since I am at it. A CT realizes that a group of terrorist is coming his way so he steps outside and come into office at a different advantage point, an admin would slap and put a beacon on him for doing so. I see no justification in doing such a thing. Yes, the 1:30 time mark is a fine rule but I believe it could be flexible in some situations. 

Now lets talk about a specific admin I have a major problem with: "Killian" This guy should really think about the way he is acting as an admin. He slays without good reason (like I described above). Okay Killian, you can definitely post on my thread and say you don't do that. But please explain why you  change a player on one team to the other team in the middle of a round so they essentially kill their previous team from behind? You have also changed yourself to the other team so you can knife me from behind when I did not expect it because I ridiculed you on the server. This is prime example of admin abuse. I have also seen you do nothing (not even a warning) about people who spam smokes on terrorist team especially when the person doing it is part of your posse. This type of favoritism should not be express as an server admin. Instead, I have seen you participate in smoke spamming.  I hope that after you've read this post, you would change how you act on the server and if this post offends you and you have a grudge against me then Im so sorry. You can say I've made this all up, but I guarantee you if I see any of this bullshit you pull again after I pointed it all out for you, I will record and screenshot for a future thread. 

For the many who know me on the server as "VuLkan," you know I am a quiet person and don't talk much, but when I do speak out, Iam serious and don't make up bullshit. Not a troll.

tldr; If admins do slay, please slay with discretion and good justification. Just because you want the round over quickly cause you've died is not a reason to slay people. 

Edit: Shadow, I would like to request you to take a look at this thread and give me an unbiased opinion because I feel like its a major issue in your server right now.

Edited by VuL, 28 September 2014 - 10:57 PM.

#2 Dynasty

Dynasty

Lurker

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:07 PM

I can actually second what this guy is saying. I haven't been playing in this server long enough to know all the rules, but I do think Killian is unjustified to slay players for being outside 10-15 seconds past 1:30. I don't know if that's a rule that's enforced strictly on this server, but when I was playing in the server today, it definitely seemed like it. One player today was outside at about 1:10ish and he seemed like he was not as experienced as the majority of the people, however he was still competent. Killian goes on the mic and says something regarding how he plays and goes on to slay him. 

Again, I know it's in the rules that CT's have to been inside by 1:30, but I don't know if it's faithfully enforced. Here's a screenshot:

http://i1252.photobu...zps6b4e69ac.png

Regarding this switching of teams, I also took a few screenshots. I highlighted in the console when he does this. This one in particular is coincidentally Vulkan:

http://i1252.photobu...zps59f6508e.png

Dyansty

#3 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:07 PM

There's a huge trend on this server recently to constantly sit back as a CT until your entire team is wiped out, prefiring corners every few seconds, waiting for bored T's to come out at 45 seconds and below. I stabbed you after you complained for an hour about how I slapped you once when you were camping at back window. I don't have a problem with anyone unless you're constantly camping as a CT, you waste the time of everyone as you decide to tryhard and play entirely for yourself. Say what you will about me, but the 1:30 rule is a rule, and if you're trash talking me nonstop, to almost no response from me, I'll eventually do something to make you shut the hell up. 

Start playing for your team, and not nonstop smoke spamming T spawn (as a T), the amount of complaints I get about you camping is annoying.

#4 VuL

VuL

Lurker

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:22 PM

I would like to reply to your accusation that I play entirely for myself, that I smoke spam, and that I was camping backwindow: What does "I play entirely for myself mean?" I save hostages when I have a better chance of winning the round for CT if its like a 1v3 or something. However, when its me against 5+ terrorist still alive, do you expect any logical player to not prefire and rush in and kill as many as I can and die so you can respawn the next round? For me, I try my best to win the round and that is all. You say you get alot of complaints that I camp? 80% of the time I am on terrorist team. When I'am on CT, I always flash front window and rush to get map control. I do not know where these complaints are coming from and even if i do camp, I might be scouting from back window. Not any serious camping like long snipe or short snipe or CT spawn. You need to get your facts correct first. Now you say I smoke spam? I don't even buy smokes, only flash and grenades so that accusation is false. Go ask anyone if I troll the server at all. I dont block or spam smokes. Everytime I am on the server, i tryhard, that I will admit. And finally you slapped me cause I was camping backwindow. Let me clarify this to you. I was at main hall and then I got flashed so I backed up to backwindow under flash wore off and you slap me for that? AND I was at the inside part of the backwindow, not even outside. Its a natural reaction to get cover when you are flashed. Did you expect me to run in while flashed? Just cause the moment you spectated me I happened to be at backwindow does not mean I was camping there. Assumptions like these are dead wrong. I would really like to know your view now that I clarified my stance. Thank You. 

And tbh, I dont like being on anyone's bad side and just play. But what I have witness recently just boils me up and I need to express my opinions on the current status of the only server I play on CSS.

#5 Shorty Hatter

Shorty Hatter

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:23 PM

Vulkan I have had problems with you nade and smoke spamming in the past as a T and I have had you camp as a CT. If you do not like how we maintain the server then just do not play there any more. I know you have played on the server for many years. You have apparently missed the problems we have been having with the CTs camping until 45 seconds left. We have had to keep this rule in affect to keep the game and server running smoothly. I hope you remember that admin disrespect is not tolerated. 

Edited by Shorty Hatter, 28 September 2014 - 09:24 PM.

#6 VuL

VuL

Lurker

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:28 PM

In response to Shorty Hatter, I will admit that sometimes I might throw a grenade and buy another one. I can apologize for this and change my ways. However, the accusation thatr I camp frequently and that I smoke spam is too ridiculously for me to stomach. I repeat: I dont buy smokes and I am not there trolling the server. The camping part I would really like to hear some actual examples instead of falsely accusing me. If you see me standing inside and not moving, that is probably me trying to listen to footsteps. I dont think it is right to consider me not moving as camping. 

Edit: I did not disrespect Killian. I did not cuss, troll, or caps locks him on the server. You can ask Killian to testify this. All I did was express my opinion on what he was doing wrong from what I have observe as an admin. Think of it as advice to be a better admin. No disrespect was meant. And Killian said that I spammed him for 1 hr is also a false accusation. I sat there and type to him for maybe 15mins. Someone recommended me to express my grief on the Boss forums instead and here I am. Killan should have told me to make a post about him in the forum but he did not. Thats why I was talking to him through the server. After that, I tried adding him on friend list to talk it out since I dont want to be on his bad side but he refused. So I did what I had to do.

Edited by VuL, 28 September 2014 - 09:34 PM.

#7 Steven

Steven

Lurker

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:33 PM

I would like to weigh in here and say that admin disrespect has been a rule since the beginning and you trash talking the admins and trying to start a movement with the other players while everyone is gaming is not right if you have a problem with the admins confront the directly in private chat or here on the forums as I've told you.  In regards to you "not spamming smokes" I have seen you myself spam smokes so that is not true and as far as camping multiple ppl have seen you camping back window until everyone has died to move in which you should moving with the team like any strategy game even it is a hosty rush.  And to back up my opinion for any admin who is on here reading if someone adds them they should they should always accept just to see if its a complaint or suggestion and deal with the problem that way. As far as the team swapping most of the time it is to balance the teams cuz they are constantly stacking. if you mute everyone and don't hear a warning that is on you but if you are not listening deliberately that is also on you and the admins do have consequences.

#8 VuL

VuL

Lurker

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:37 PM

Steven, I would like you to read my previous post. As I have said I did not disrespect him at all and you should rethink of all the things Ive said since you were there at the time. Did I cuss or yell at him? How is telling the admin that he should use discretion when slaying,etc. considered trash talking?

#9 Steven

Steven

Lurker

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:39 PM

you were doing more than that and you were trying to get backup on the server saying the "the admins are abusive they suck" you have said that and you got another player or more to start a whole conversation on it. you don't have to cuss or yell to be disrespectul

#10 VuL

VuL

Lurker

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:46 PM

When I said the admins are being abusive, it is exactly what I mean. Another player joined in is not my fault. Moreso, it shows what Iam saying is not false. But I was not there to start a revolt at all. That is why I took your advice and brought my opinion onto the forums. I dont complete understand when you say I was disrespectful.

Edit: Never did I say "Guys, dont you agree this server have terrible admin" or anything related to that. You cannot deny that. I was talking to Killian himself. Even when the other guy agreed with me, did you see me talk in conjunction with his point of view? No. I was simply talking to Killian regarding of what I felt was unjust.

Edited by VuL, 28 September 2014 - 09:51 PM.

#11 Steven

Steven

Lurker

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:55 PM

You did have a conversation with that guy about it I can get witnesses to that fact. and you were messaging Killian in open chat for about 30min over the course of an hours worth of gameplay

#12 VuL

VuL

Lurker

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:57 PM

As I said, Killian should have told me to post on forums but he did not, it was you who told me to do so. And you can also be a witness that I tried to add him on friends list and he openly refused.

#13 Dynasty

Dynasty

Lurker

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:58 PM

I feel like you guys are only addressing part of the problem that VuLkan has proposed. 

First, I agree that there should be a time limit rule to prevent the stalling of games. No problem with that. I do not agree however, that a CT should be slayed when there is only one or two people left on T. But, as Killian says, "rules are rules". Which brings up another point. Why is there now a "45 second problem" if such a rule exists?

Second, I understand that an admin will have another admin's back, but to justify switching teams to kill another player and kicking a player when he just joined should not be tolerated. For Killian, this has been a reoccurring problem:

Here, we see Killian switching teams to kill another player: 

http://i1252.photobu...zps3624f7f5.png

Here, we see Killian kicking a player moments after he joined. If you look closer, you will also see another player experiencing the same admin abuse as said VuLkan: 

http://i1252.photobu...zps0391a954.png

http://i1252.photobu...zpsc2f094d5.png

#14 Killian

Killian

Combine Elite

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:02 PM

Angel ghosted my position, so yes I flipped around, mad that my OWN teammate was ghosting me, and shot him. Call that abuse, but he's ghosting his own team, and an admin at that.

#15 VuL

VuL

Lurker

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:08 PM

Look, I know Killian is an influential admin on the Boss Server. Many people want to back up his point of view, especially if you are friends with him. But lets be unbiased for a bit and look at the whole picture. All I am trying to say with this thread is that sometimes you (Killian) are stepping on the thin line as an admin and you should really be more careful on some of the things you do.

#16 Dynasty

Dynasty

Lurker

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:19 PM

I agree that ghosting positions should not be tolerated, but you should not switch teams and kill the ghoster simply for your pleasure. Tell me, why else would you switch teams and kill him when you can simply slay him.

While we're at it, can you explain these? 

http://i1252.photobu...zpsda406f57.png

http://i1252.photobu...zpsa07638e0.png

http://i1252.photobu...zpsb878ed82.png

Much of being an admin is how you are perceived. You may say you do not care how you are being perceived, but then again you are posting on this thread. 

#17 VuL

VuL

Lurker

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:19 PM

Vulkan I have had problems with you nade and smoke spamming in the past as a T and I have had you camp as a CT. If you do not like how we maintain the server then just do not play there any more. I know you have played on the server for many years. You have apparently missed the problems we have been having with the CTs camping until 45 seconds left. We have had to keep this rule in affect to keep the game and server running smoothly. I hope you remember that admin disrespect is not tolerated. 

I would like to weigh in here and say that admin disrespect has been a rule since the beginning and you trash talking the admins and trying to start a movement with the other players while everyone is gaming is not right if you have a problem with the admins confront the directly in private chat or here on the forums as I've told you.  In regards to you "not spamming smokes" I have seen you myself spam smokes so that is not true and as far as camping multiple ppl have seen you camping back window until everyone has died to move in which you should moving with the team like any strategy game even it is a hosty rush.  And to back up my opinion for any admin who is on here reading if someone adds them they should they should always accept just to see if its a complaint or suggestion and deal with the problem that way. As far as the team swapping most of the time it is to balance the teams cuz they are constantly stacking. if you mute everyone and don't hear a warning that is on you but if you are not listening deliberately that is also on you and the admins do have consequences.

In response to the both of you, I did not disrespect Kllian and if it seemed that way, it is because he abused his powers. I understand you both are Killian's frined and your views are biased but I hope a\you can look at the big picture of what I am saying here. You say admin disrespect is not allowed. Then let me inquire you this: Is admin abusing power justified? You have yet to answer the main topic of my thread.

Edited by VuL, 28 September 2014 - 10:23 PM.

#18 Shorty Hatter

Shorty Hatter

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:21 PM

You do realize that you are accusing one of the 2 active admins of "constant abuse". Do you ever think that maybe the team switching is to get revenge on players that are blocking or team flashing? By the way I told Steven to tell you to post on the forums if you are having a problem. If you do not like the way things are done on the server then do not play on it anymore.

#19 VuL

VuL

Lurker

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:26 PM

You do realize that you are accusing one of the 2 active admins of "constant abuse". Do you ever think that maybe the team switching is to get revenge on players that are blocking or team flashing? By the way I told Steven to tell you to post on the forums if you are having a problem. If you do not like the way things are done on the server then do not play on it anymore.

Short Hatter, I dont understand why you included that Iam accusing "one of the 2 active admins for constant abuse." Did you think that makes it fair for an admin to do as he pleases cause there are "only 2" left? This logic I do not understand. I would really like unbiased people to reply and share their views. And thank you for telling me to post on forums because here I am trying to get some reasoned answer to my problems with the current server. 

Edit: Oh by the way, Thank you to Dynasty for including so much evidence on my case. Short Hatter, maybe you should look at some of them before you conclude that I "disrespected" Killian for no reason. 

Edited by VuL, 28 September 2014 - 10:28 PM.

#20 VuL

VuL

Lurker

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:31 PM

Oh and may I add, Foxhound and Julius (both who are friends and same group as Killian) who might be posting something after this comment because Killian told them to back him up. The biased replies I get on this thread is insane.

Edit: Killian, it is a pretty low move to tell your friends to reply in your defense. When you are wrong you should admit it and stop trying to cover it up/ avoiding it.

Edited by VuL, 28 September 2014 - 10:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users