17 replies to this topic

#1 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 06:00 PM

Hi, Justin Sane here. I'm sure many of you BoSS regulars have seen me on the server.

About 5-10 minutes ago from posting this, Imho. banned me from Boss #1 for telling him that the Yankees suck and that he is an idiot (he tried to insult me by asking who is first, and I told him the Sox are).

I got two problems with this, first, that was the dumbest reason to ban a person. Over sports. The second is that he wasn't using the @ symbol next to his name and gave no indication that he is an admin.

I was wondering if I could get the ban lifted, as the BoSS servers the ones I play on most of the time and I feel that the ban was unjust.

Edited by NipLick, 24 July 2005 - 06:20 PM.

#2 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 06:07 PM

Hi, Justin Sane here. I'm sure many of you BoSS regulars have seen me on the server.

About 5-10 minutes ago from posting this, Imho. banned me from Boss #1 for telling him that the Yankees suck and that he is an idiot (he tried to insult me by asking who is first, and I told him the Sox are).

I got two problems with this, first, that was the dumbest reason to ban a person. Over sports. The second is that he wasn't using the @ symbol next to his name and gave no indication that he is an admin.

I was wondering if I could get the ban lifted, as the BoSS servers the ones I play on most of the time and I feel that the ban was unjust.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm. well lets see.
1) If he did ban you because of a sports argument, yes, that is pretty weak reason to ban a player.
2) It doesnt matter that he didnt have an @ sign near his name.. or a BoSS tag. Everyone is, or at least should be, treated equally on the servers.
3) This is will be a lesson for you. in the future, if some one says something to you, chill the f*ck out, its a game. if you cant, you will get banned.

I dont know, if Shadow will even consider replying to this, but i dont know, he wasnt there and i wasnt there, so we cant judge. We'll just have to wait what Imho will say about this. For now, chill out and go play somewhere else.

#3 NipLick

NipLick

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 06:12 PM

I think this is about the 6th or 7th unban request in the past week where no steamid was given.

#4 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 06:17 PM

Edit: Oops, didn't see the Unban request sub forum. My bad. Reposting there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this is the unban requests.. i already closed your other one.

#5 tury

tury

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 06:37 PM

from your account, it sounds like you flew off the handle and starting acting like a tw*t first.

off topic: I agree everyone should be treated equally, but in a situation where the admin is being a dick (NOT this one, imo), if he is not wearing the tag or the @ symbol, how are people to know he is an admin?

#6 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 06:42 PM

from your account, it sounds like you flew off the handle and starting acting like a tw*t first.

off topic: I agree everyone should be treated equally, but in a situation where the admin is being a dick (NOT this one, imo), if he is not wearing the tag or the @ symbol, how are people to know he is an admin?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you dont have to know if hes an admin.. or if hes even a BoSS member. Just Dont b*tch.

#7 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 07:33 PM

I think this is about the 6th or 7th unban request in the past week where no steamid was given.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, I didn't know you guys wanted that. I'll post it in a sec, when I figure out how to...

But it all started with IMHO telling someone that the Red Sox Suck (their user name had something to do with the Sox), being the loyal fan I am, I told him the Sox Rule. He continue to say they suck, then i asked him who was team was, and he replied with the Yankees. Of course, being a Sox fan, I responded with "Yankees Suck!" He says "Oh yeah, who is in first?!" "....The Sox. You idiot." Then he slays me in the round, and bans me.

Also, since I've been typing this, I still have no idea how to find my SteamID. I didn't buy a box, just downloaded it online.

#8 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 07:35 PM

type up 'Status' in console.

#9 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 07:38 PM

4574546 is my SteamID.

#10 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 07:39 PM

4574546 is my SteamID.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it should be something like this

STEAM_0:1:7287277

#11 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 07:45 PM

Well I went into BoSS #2, did Status and this is the whole line...

# 161 "Justin Sane" STEAM_0:1:4574546 00:19 111 0 active

#12 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 07:46 PM

Well I went into BoSS #2, did Status and this is the whole line...
# 161 "Justin Sane" STEAM_0:1:4574546 00:19 111 0 active

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, thats it.
it doesnt mean youll get unbanned though.
Everything is up to Shadow.

#13 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:11 PM

Any word on this?

#14 NipLick

NipLick

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:30 PM

Okay, I unbanned you. Just be more cautious with what you say to
people next time.

#15 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:13 AM

Thanks Nip! :tup:

#16 Imho

Imho

Lurker

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 12:31 PM

a lil late.. Sane, finally someone who has almost the whole truth on there post. You did infact callme an idiot. Then a f*cking idiot.. and said.. i dont care if you are admin.. your still a f*cking idiot. I have the whole convo if you wantto read it. You got unbanned just next time calm down.

#17 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 01:03 PM

imho, by all means shut up, im making a new rule, if you do not know sh*t and always require assistance, do not speak as if you are not an idiot, he is true, you are an idiot, stop denying the truth.

#18 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:32 AM

imho, by all means shut up, im making a new rule, if you do not know sh*t and always require assistance, do not speak as if you are not an idiot, he is true, you are an idiot, stop denying the truth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This might not be my place to ask, but if you think he's an idiot, why let him be an admin?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users