23 replies to this topic

#1 mattr1

mattr1

Cappettaaa

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:02 PM

yeh so i got a few bucks lately, been working my ass off for it and i was just wondering if anyone has bought an iPod.... i want one real bad, but i dont know anything about the payments and stuff for the songs, what stuff to use to download the songs with.... if any of yall have any knowledge about this kind of stuff id really like to know. and if you dont have any info, i may just put some of it towards my favorite server.....

#2 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:20 PM

depends how much music you want on it i guess, i got the last model's 20gb on sale for $220 off amazon. or you can get that new nano for a lil less. but it holds like 1/4 the capacity. but apparently if you wanna look 'cool' its the one to get. personally i dont give a f*ck. as far as getting music...there are a ton of ways. for my albums i usually use torrents.im not sure if anyone has suggestions for any decent P2P apps for single songs tho, i hate them all kinda. ive had the best luck with winmx cuz the files normally work if you can deal with the SLIGHTLY slower speed. hope this helps.......FAG! :tup:

#3 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:23 PM

i have the 20gb ipod as well...you use itunes to transer the songs to your ipod, but you dont need a subscription or anything. If you wanted to purchase a song legally, you can do it off of the itunes store thing for 99 cents per song without a plan or anythin. Otherwise, and mp3 or songs from a cd or whatever that is on your computer can go onto itunes and be transfered to your ipod.

#4 Sgt. Bojo

Sgt. Bojo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 10:07 PM

don't buy an ipod because of the name you know? buy something for the product, do some good research if you haven' t alreaady

#5 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 08:34 AM

i just bought an ipod. i bought the new 20 gig ipod from itunes.com it has a color screen and holds 5000 songs. i have 1700 songs about so far. i bought a case and speakers for it too. the sound is great on ipods with the headphones it comes with. dont break them, theyre like 65 bucks to replace. the ipod itself was 300, came with free shipping (shipped from china and only took 3 days) and free laser engravement, i did my name. i dont download music, i do the mytunes redux to take shared music from itunes. and i do the sharefile from aim. most of my music is from cd's ive bought. but limewire is what most people use in my college. it just wont work with my firewall and im not downloading with that off. im not taking the chance. so fat 201 people had thei internet shutdown for things getting past the school servers from people downloading. theres ipod nanos out for 250 that hold non many songs. and theres other types such as a dell mp3 plaer that doesnt hold as many songs, but theyre alot smaller and cheaper.

#6 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 08:47 AM

the ipod nano holds 4 gigs...im getting one for $110 for my gf through a friend

#7 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:20 AM

holly sh*t 110 for a nano. how thats like half off. those things are nice. i figured for only 50 extra bucks i get 16 gigs more so i went with that even though ill probably enver have 5000 songs but then again i never thought id have 1700. man 110 for a nano is a good deal. id be your girlfriend if you bought me one. :9:

#8 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 12:58 PM

holly sh*t 110 for a nano. how thats like half off. those things are nice. i figured for only 50 extra bucks i get 16 gigs more so i went with that even though ill probably enver have 5000 songs but then again i never thought id have 1700. man 110 for a nano is a good deal. id be your girlfriend if you bought me one. :9:

heh, yea i have the 20gb one because i have an assload of songs too, around 1500. My friend works in a warehouse that ships stuff to compusa and staples and he gets biggg discounts.

#9 mattr1

mattr1

Cappettaaa

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 05:06 PM

yeh i know people that work at radioshack and stuff, they can get me ipods for about 100 bucks...... thats whjy i was tempted to get an ipod.. thanks for the help guys

#10 mattr1

mattr1

Cappettaaa

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 06:09 PM

free ipods? wow. how does that work????

#11 i_smoke_crayons

i_smoke_crayons

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 08:43 PM

yeh so i got a few bucks lately, been working my ass off for it and i was just wondering if anyone has bought an iPod.... i want one real bad, but i dont know anything about the payments and stuff for the songs, what stuff to use to download the songs with.... if any of yall have any knowledge about this kind of stuff id really like to know. and if you dont have any info, i may just put some of it towards my favorite server.....

LIMEWIRE!!1

#12 ashbash

ashbash

- The English Wanker -

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 09:25 AM

1 of ma friends got a ipod nanothere ubersweet tiny and thin better than the chunky ipods

#13 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 11:19 AM

yea but who the hell downloads from itunes..

ipods can play stuff from mp3's, cds, and songs from torrents, thats all i need.

#14 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 11:56 AM

Hey, who needs 20 gigs anyway!? It's not like you listen to 2000 hours of music between every time you get a chance to rearrange it :1: Hell, if you use it in school and sh*t you only need like 2 gigs anyway. That's why the nano is appealing to me.. though I will prolly never get around to buy one (get enough cash that is). Haha, I guess I'm stuck with my first gen. Expanium.. It has served me well through the years though..
Anyway, GO DC++ !!

Edited by Frag0holic, 21 September 2005 - 11:58 AM.

#15 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:14 PM

Hey, who needs 20 gigs anyway!? It's not like you listen to 2000 hours of music between every time you get a chance to rearrange it :1: Hell, if you use it in school and sh*t you only need like 2 gigs anyway. That's why the nano is appealing to me.. though I will prolly never get around to buy one (get enough cash that is). Haha, I guess I'm stuck with my first gen. Expanium.. It has served me well through the years though..
Anyway, GO DC++ !!

i dont need 20 gigs, but i need more then 4...

#16 Dwkillzone

Dwkillzone

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 02:17 PM

Yeah i have a 20gig ipod as well. I love the thing because it 's so portable and lite weight. Plus i have a crap load of music as well.

Posted Image

Edited by X8001, 21 September 2005 - 03:26 PM.

#17 ashbash

ashbash

- The English Wanker -

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 02:20 PM

x8001 make the xsig smaller or remove it plz

#18 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 02:32 PM

that's not a sig hehe

#19 i_smoke_crayons

i_smoke_crayons

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 02:45 PM

I have 94 hours of music...
EDIT: I also hate mac, and their shiny-ass electronics.

Edited by i_smoke_crayons, 21 September 2005 - 02:52 PM.

#20 ashbash

ashbash

- The English Wanker -

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:43 PM

that's not a sig hehe

no but the big X he had b4 was ... :evilgrin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users