51 replies to this topic

#1 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:13 PM

Im getting a new computer and Ive been searching Froogle for a good one. I found this:
computer 1

This:
computer 2

Or this:
computer 3

So which one would you say is best based on price and hardware? And if they are all generally bad could someone recommend something else?

Thx :tup:

#2 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:25 PM

i would have to say 3. but 2 is a little cheaper but both have that 7800 which is the best nvidia card now. 1 has 6600 which is a little old plus its very expensive. so 2 or 3 depending if you want the small stuff. first of all i see you gave up on your lap top. 2nd of all those are expensive i hope you have the pimp money. 3rd cant wait till you get on css!

#3 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:43 PM

money isnt much of a matter now. I saved $4000 to a comp from the carnival.

#4 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 05:10 PM

If i were you, Id build one myself, save $1000 and spend it on crack.

#5 Achilles

Achilles

Lurker

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 05:58 PM

Dude, building that would be much cheaper.

#6 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:03 PM

true, but I have absolutly no idea how to build my own computer

#7 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 07:17 PM

i dont know how to either. if theres a tiger direct around you go there. 50 bucks they do it for you. takes 2 days. whether you buy the parts there or not. i bought everything for 1800 plus 50 to build it. great f*cking deal. check this

ordered 9800xt online 433bucks

all of this i bought at tigerdirect:
19inch crt monitor 1600x1200 at 170bucks
soyo barebone kit (case, motherboard, 3 fans, powersupply) for 90 bucks after rebates
logitec wireless mouse/keyboard 30 bucks
cintre desk speakers 20 bucks
sound blaster sound card 50 bucks
200 gig harddrive 150 bucks
2 512 ram 160 bucks
3.06 pentium 4 processor 150 bucks after rebate

so as you can see thats cheap as hell. and even cheaper if you ordered online from say newegg. so if you can find a store like that, you will save a good 1000-2000 bucks on that stuff. but if you dont feel like waiting all that time, go for it, you have 4000, and choice 3 which i think is the best is 2700. also you dont get warranty or anything like that if you custom. so theres goods and bads. time vrs convenience. either way, youre gonna have a kickass computer soon!

#8 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 07:44 PM

NUMBER 2, Better case

Edited by IWantWhiteCastle, 02 November 2005 - 07:46 PM.

#9 Haven

Haven

This bacon is stinky

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 11:31 AM

how do u not no how to build a computer? Buy the parts (newegg.com) Open the door when the UPS man rings the doorbell. Smack him in the balls. Put the stuff in a case. The end

#10 ashbash

ashbash

- The English Wanker -

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 11:48 AM

how do u not no how to build a computer? Buy the parts (newegg.com) Open the door when the UPS man rings the doorbell. Smack him in the balls. Put the stuff in a case. The end

i think me and mass have the same understanding of pc's

1. turn on (easy a big button)
2. wait for desktop to appear
3.double click vent-double click counterstrike!
4. YAY now we can play

#11 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 12:10 PM

yea, like its that simple. Its simple when you know what the parts are and what your doing but dont act like someone who doesnt know much about computer hardware will just able to put together a pc, and then make it run.

#12 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 12:26 PM

haha ash, i feel ya. haven, i dont know a lot about computers. thats what you guys are here for. :tup: im trying to learn. i read stuff online about them as much as i can to learn about parts, what they do, how they work, and how to put them together. ive never tried puting them together. i dont know how to format or program or anything, so the best i could ever do is things that are just snap ins, like the sound card or ram. i dont understand all the wires and sh*t and then id have to reformat and do the drivers things. yeah i dont mess with it, i jsut pay the guys at tigerdirect where i get all my parts 50 bucks to do it all.

#13 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 12:55 PM

When i built my first computer i had no f*cking idea what i was doing. It took me like 30 mins. max. There have to be sites online that guide you through the process. You just have to try. Find some one you know that knows alot about computers and have him/her watch you do it. If you need help just ask them. f*ck you can build two really good computers for the price of one of those.

#14 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 12:57 PM

your absolutely right. i want to learn how. but yeah you could build a nice 5000 dollar alien ware, same parts, same everything for like 2000. i was going to buy an alienware until my friend told me how cheap cutom computers are. we were gonna order 2 of every part and build them together. never happened so i went to tiger and paid that cracka.

#15 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:01 AM

hmmm seems simple enough although I have no understanding of computer parts......so can anybody list the part that I would need to get to build a computer that would be in a $2000-$4000 price range? Its definitely going to be amd and have atleast 2gigs of ram and a big f*ckin hardrive. I cant f*ck up on buying another computer so try not to let me down.......f*ckin Laptops

Thx for all the help

#16 Dwkillzone

Dwkillzone

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 12:01 PM

Dude i would have to say that building one would be your best bet. Trying going on Newegg.com and pricing everything out and see what that comes too. If i would have to choose one of the three that you listed, it would probably be the second one. Check out that site and see what you come up with. Later

#17 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:34 PM

hey massacre, go to the hardwear threads and check out the thread i started a few weeks ago. "dream computer" or something like that. basically everyone went through and listed the best of each parts. like vid card, motherboard, ram, stuff like that. if you need any help just ask after youve looked through that. but if not ill put down what i think anyways.

get a AMD processor (i dont have one) but i would recomend at least a 3700, other people will tell you more abut this

either the new ATI 1800 series or the nvidia 7800gtx vid card

2 512 slots of ram, i hear corsair is good. i dont even know what kind i have. but 1 gig is good to have in all

you wouldnt need more than 160 gigs for a hardrive

id put more money in to a monitor that gets you 1600 resolution, thats what i get and tehres a big difference than 1024 that most get you. get a nice 22 inch crt for 150 bucks, or a 19 inch flat screen for 400-600bucks depending on res

logitec mouse and keyboard (i love the wireless)

speakers-just look around, get what fits you

but seriously just look around for the newest and highest rated parts, thats what i do. and youll have a nice computer. get maybe 2 cooling fans, and then a heatsink or something else thats quieter. theres a new sound card out, id get that, not ssure what then name is but theres some nice reviews about it everywhere since its new.

get what ever case you want bc youre getting everything seperate, get somehting that looks pimpin and make sure it has the room

you can get the best of the best of every part for less than 3000 by the way. sorry i dont know the names of the parts. but i hope this gets you thinkin

#18 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:47 PM

If you want to try and build it yourself there are plenty of people on these forums that have experience doing so. I would be more than happy to help you. Its pretty easy. If you can operate a screwdriver, you can build a computer. $50 isnt that bad for the build fee as they burn it in and test it. (i charge $150 + parts and software) Youd still save a bundle. I heard theres also a few places on the Internet in which you can learn about such things......

#19 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:03 AM

Ok here is a really good computer.

First one of these cases.

Case

These have six fans in them. Will make a hell of a racket but will keep it nice and cool. But if you want quieter. Here you go....

Just pick which one you like the best

Motherboard

Motherboard

Processor

FX57

FX55

If you don't want these there are plenty of other cheaper options from Amd. Like a Amd athlon 64 3800.

Memory

This is your personal preference. Kingston and Corsair are good brands.

Corsair 1GB stick

There is faster memory out there, but in my opinion two of these will do just fine.

Video Card

Nvidia

ATI

Hard drives

Hard Drive

You could go larger and faster if you wanted to.

Monitor

Lcd or crt. Whatever you like.

Dvd Drive

Here is an example. You can match the color of you case if you want. Just pick another. They are pretty easy to pick out.

DVD

Floppy Drive

Does anyone still buy these. But anyways they haven't changed much since forever. So im sure you are capable of picking one out if you need it.

Processor Cooling

Water or Fan. Just read reviews. I personally don't trust water but whatever.

Umm I'm kind of tired so if there is something I left out or if someone knows of a better part, just add on. Hope I have been of some help.

later.

Edited by kidcapri, 05 November 2005 - 02:05 AM.

#20 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:43 AM

thats nice kid capri. i was always curious about that. bc i know a lot about what the best vid card is, but i dont know alot about processors or motherboards at all. i added them up, its roughly 2079 bucks plus monitor (100-150) if you want a 22 inch crt or a flat screen (maybe 500 if you still want 1600res) plus speakers, mouse, keyboard. thats a nice price to get the best of the best of everything. plus 100 for windows. so thats all 2400-2800 for everything. not bad at all. im definitely ordering at new egg next time i start from scratch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users