#21 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:48 AM

Glad i could be of some help derek.

Ok i forgot about the sound card. Creative just release some new ones.

Here you go

There kinda pricy. I have this one....

Mine

Its pretty cheap but works for what i need it for. Some come with accesories like remotes and other sh*t. I don't really need any of that. But it depends on what you need.

Oh and about the processors. Here is a review and benchmarking of the FX57...

FX57

If you like the idea of the dual core processors then go with this one...

AMD Athlon X2 4800

The review and benchmarking is here...

X2 4800

You will see a little speed decrease in some games and increase in others. But it is up to you what to get. The FX57 is better for gaming and the X2 4800 is better for multitasking like encoding videos and music and other sh*t like editing and such.

As for puting it together when you get it if you decide to go this route. Its easy enough that you can get on vent or aim with someone and they can guide you through the process. I could even do it. Or if someone you know that lives near you can help you. I can help on vent or aim if you need me too.

Motherboard Update

The motherboard I mentioned in my previous post isn't necessarily the one you should get. I believe shadow has a FX53 processor. Maybe he can provide some input on which motherboard would work best with the FX57 and X2 4800 processors.

Oh and I just noticed the computers you linked to weren't bundled. You could spend the rest of the money on a huge ass lcd monitor. At work (office depot) we have some 27" lcds for $799.99. That would be pimp.

Oh and I just noticed this case....

Case

Imserious i heard they were almost sold out you might wanna grab one while you can. LOL jk

Anyways I'm tired and I have spent like an hour on these two posts. I'm going to sleep.

Edited by kidcapri, 05 November 2005 - 03:27 AM.

#22 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 06:30 AM

I really appreciate that you took all of this time to do this capri..... and for that I present to you the worlds bigest cookie:Posted Image
Thx really you've just made this so much easier for me :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

#23 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 11:29 AM

Wow thats a big damn cookie. No problem man. glad I could help.

#24 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:27 PM

Damn, that sound card is sweet. I need to get that some day. I have an old creative, and it just barely holding out on my whole midi setup, mixer, plus the speakers and subw of course. so i gotta get a new one, because music production is just unbearable. Plus the professional mic doesnt sound like one at all... :?:

Edited by Aziz, 05 November 2005 - 12:27 PM.

#25 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 06:44 PM

I chose the fx57 processor cuz I'm generally only concerned about gaming and aside from that what motherboard would you recommend other than the one you offered. I heard asus was good but idk. oh and Im going to have a better processer than Shadow :P jp

thx again
-massacre

Edited by BoSS|M@$$@CR3, 05 November 2005 - 06:47 PM.

#26 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 06:56 PM

Ok that motherboard would work fine. The only thing i was wondering is if they made motherboards for the fx57 that didn't have the nvidia nforce sh*t built in. I couldn't find one.

If you wanted to do the whole two video card sli thing you should go with a motherboard that supports it. But to me that is a bit unecessay. Because you are gonna have a top of the line video card in it that can run any damn game out there. If you went with the sli you would have to shell out a ton of money for something that isn't going to be as fast as the next series of graphics cards. Kinda pointless to me.

In my opinion, you should go single graphics card and save the money for the next series of graphics cards.

But yeah that motherboard would be fine. If you are into overclocking, you may want an asus or some other brand. Because they may have more overclocking features. But if not, just go with this one. :tup:

Edited by kidcapri, 05 November 2005 - 07:12 PM.

#27 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 07:55 PM

cool i'll stay with the first processor. Now I have everything I need except the keyboard and monitor but i could handle that stuff. It just comes down to ordering and building all that sh*t now :/. Thanks capri.

#28 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 08:00 PM

youre gonna have the nicest computer here by far man. especially if you get that 1800 which is 512mb dizaaam. and that 1000dolla processor. gonna be pimpin

#29 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 08:21 PM

agreed

Your welcome.

Oh by the way, are you going with a six fan or three fan case. I'm ordering a six fan with a fan controller in a couple of weeks. That sh*t is gonna be loud as hell. But the fan controller will let you set it on low speed when you arent playing any games.

Edited by kidcapri, 05 November 2005 - 08:24 PM.

#30 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 09:24 PM

I went with the six fan but Im having second thoughts. Is it so loud that it will disrupt gameplay? And on the other hand there is a three fan case. Will that overheat? Im tired of my comp overheating......and again f*ck laptops.

#31 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:02 PM

i have 3 fans. 3 cheap fans. and its fine, never overheated. no game i dotn run on highest settings. and its never crashed or anything. i can feel it and its not that warm at all. and the 3 fans are cheap ass 10 dollar fans. 1 under the power suplly, 1 on the side, and the other on the side of the door. 3 cheap fans works fine. BUT youre going to have some serious hardcore processor thats powerful as hell. and a vid card 4 times as fast, so you might want more than 3 fans. i wouldnt say just get 3 fans. maybe get an extra nice heatsink or somthing or 6 fans, then you woudlnt really need a big fan. then again capri said you can turn them on low when youre not in a game.

#32 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 11:54 PM

It definately won't interupt your gameplay. Its not that loud. You know when you are just looking on the internet and you hear the humming sound coming from you pc. Thats really the only time you will be able to hear it. If you have headphones then you won't hear sh*t. But even without headphones, during a game or movie you won't hear it. And like derek said most of the 6 fan cases come with a fan controller so you can turn the speed up or down.

Did you already order all of the stuff?

Edited by kidcapri, 05 November 2005 - 11:55 PM.

#33 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 01:09 AM

I havent ordered the stuff yet. I still need to make a new egg account but that wont take long. Here is what Im going to end up with:
Case- aspire x-superalien (6 fans)
Motherboard- abit ans-ultra socket 939 nvidia nforce 4
processor- amd athlon 64 fx57
Memory- corsair 1gb ram (x2)
Video Card- ATI radeon x1800
Hard Drive- 250gb
EDIT: forgot sound card- creative sound blaster audigy 2 z5 sb0350 8(7.1) channels 24 bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound card

which will cost around- $2,300

alot f*ckin cheaper than the other sh*t I was going to buy.

Edited by BoSS|M@$$@CR3, 06 November 2005 - 01:13 AM.

#34 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 08:36 AM

indeed.

#35 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 01:15 PM

heh now I can spend the rest of my money on 150 $10 hookers YAY

Edited by BoSS|M@$$@CR3, 06 November 2005 - 01:16 PM.

#36 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 10:05 PM

I havent ordered the stuff yet. I still need to make a new egg account but that wont take long. Here is what Im going to end up with:
Case- aspire x-superalien (6 fans)
Motherboard- abit ans-ultra socket 939 nvidia nforce 4
processor- amd athlon 64 fx57
Memory- corsair 1gb ram (x2)
Video Card- ATI radeon x1800
Hard Drive- 250gb
EDIT: forgot sound card- creative sound blaster audigy 2 z5 sb0350 8(7.1) channels 24 bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound card

which will cost around- $2,300

alot f*ckin cheaper than the other sh*t I was going to buy.

not sure if you ordered one or not but you will definitly want a nice power supply to go with all your new goodies.

here are some good ones...

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817103478

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817703001

#37 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:02 AM

thx whitecastle and now Im almost ready. On tuesday Ill call up a friend who can build computers, order the part, and most likely have a new computer before the week is over....... a really really really good computer at that :P

#38 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:35 AM

Wait those aspire super alien cases have really pimp power supplys in them already. They have lights and sh*t. You probably won't need a different one.

#39 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:58 PM

Wait those aspire super alien cases have really pimp power supplys in them already. They have lights and sh*t. You probably won't need a different one.

ooo, I wasnt aware that they had power supplies in them already, if they do then dont worry about getting one.

Yea, I just looked at the power supply that comes with the case and its reeally good soo...

Edited by IWantWhiteCastle, 07 November 2005 - 01:01 PM.

#40 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 02:19 PM

Nice lookin out though. It would have sucked if he would have ordered all that sh*t without a power supply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users